• 57 results
#1 Posted by captain_max707 (479 posts) -

Right now I'm jamming out to de Blob's awesome, awesome beats! What soundtrack did you just have to have?

#2 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion...
What can i say  Jeremy Soule rules! :D

#3 Posted by Cubic (171 posts) -

The Super Meat Boy soundtrack, can't stop listening to it. Plus I could buy it in Flac, so I'm not stuck with sub-par audio quality.

#4 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

There's a piano version of Nobuo Uematsu's Final Fantasy music that is great. Also the Mass Effect soundtracks.

#5 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Katamari Damacy is the objectively correct answer to this thread.

#6 Posted by DrBeardface (243 posts) -

Super Meat Boy and the orchestral Final Fantasy VII pieces on the Reunion album.

#7 Posted by Animasta (14648 posts) -

A real life copy? FF13's I suppose. I wanna go buy the Nier soundtrack though

#8 Posted by captain_max707 (479 posts) -

I didn't mean a disc necessarily, I just meant one you paid for, not your favorite in-game soundtrack

#9 Edited by Thor (25 posts) -

The  Europa Universalis 3 soundtrack is probably my top favorite. Andreas Waldetoft does some solid stuff.

#10 Posted by sopranosfan (1935 posts) -

I made a game with zombies in it.  I got that song stuck in my head from the trial before I even bought the game.  Play that game and try to get it out of your head.
#11 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6087 posts) -

Dark Void.  Bear McCreary's scores are usually good to great (the score of the last season of BSG is fucking amazing), and this one definitely falls into the "great" category.  Runner-ups would be Mafia 2 and Quest for Glory V.

#12 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -
#13 Posted by Jazz (2152 posts) -

Persona 3. I'm also really fond of the Scott Pilgrim game soundtrack.

#14 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1839 posts) -

Yakuza 3, definitely.

#15 Posted by Nonused (211 posts) -

The Nier soundtrack is definitely my favorite. Persona 4's is also pretty good. 

#16 Posted by amir90 (2154 posts) -

That I own?
Nier I guess.

#17 Posted by wrathofconn (1460 posts) -
@nintendoeats
Katamari Damacy is the objectively correct answer to this thread.
Not a bad answer.

I would have to say Chrono Cross, both because of the rad music and the super slick presentation.
#18 Posted by ch3burashka (5011 posts) -

I got a bunch, but I listen to the Ico soundtrack the most. It has 11 tracks, 9 of which are just ethereal mood music, but I love it all the same. Reminds me of when I played it. which I should do again when I get the time.

#19 Edited by JustinSane311 (335 posts) -

It has to be Pac Man CE DX.  Whenever I hear that soundtrack I feel like grabbing some glow sticks and poppin some e. I also really enjoy the  Katamari Damacy soundtrack and on rare occasions I enjoy blasting my PaRappa cd. 

#20 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -
@nintendoeats said:
" Katamari Damacy is the objectively correct answer to this thread. "
I think you're right here. Probably the best game soundtrack you can find on a CD. The whole series, really. Love the remix album from the PS3 game.  
 I don't really like japanese music or j-pop but I appreciate the fact that the game used actual real music in a variety of genres, and not just another orchestral soundtrack .
#21 Posted by Tophar01 (141 posts) -

Seeing as how I only own 1 soundtrack I guess it has to be Starcraft 2

#22 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

most of nobuo uematsu's work. also, tomas dvorak's work on machinarium is a very under appreciated part of the game. 

i really think the music is best heard for the first time in the game itself so i'm cautious to spoiling it but here's one from machinarium. a great soundscape-y piece.

another tomas dvorak piece, this time from samorost 2. i really can't complement tomas dvorak enough, and though his work may seem a bit repetitive or one note, if you're willing to look past that and accept his tracks as individual pieces then everything will be a-ok.

#23 Edited by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Killer Cuts, the Killer Instinct Soundtrack. Dude, I can't be the only one here. I mean it freaking came bundled in with the game. COME ON!

#24 Posted by chickengeorgewashington (144 posts) -

Winds of Thunder. Or Shin Contra. Tough choice for a variety of reasons.

#25 Edited by swikkid (1 posts) -

Mgs3 snake eater is unbeatable in my book

#26 Edited by Ezakael (911 posts) -

The only soundtrack that I own is the Persona 4 one so I would go with that one. It is damn good.

#27 Posted by wemibelec90 (1552 posts) -

Probably Persona 4, with the Golden songs added in for good measure. Some really excellent new stuff in Golden, such as an 8-bit version of the boss music on the Mitsuo fight. That was such a great surprise.

Also have to give props to Jamestown's soundtrack. To use an overused word, one of the most epic soundtracks for a game I've ever heard.

#28 Posted by Dvsshark (28 posts) -

Either the Streets of Rage 2 or Tekken 3 soundtrack.

#29 Posted by theManUnknown (151 posts) -

The entire soundtrack to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I am unable to be convinced there exists a better videogame soundtrack.

Best track on the album.

#30 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4160 posts) -

I recently bought Halo 4, and then the Volume 2 today. Sheeeit... So dope; guy did Massive Attack's big..

#31 Edited by Lava (661 posts) -

Journey. Hands down.

#32 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

I can't say I've ever been interested in buying (or even listening) to game soundtracks, but having finally played Hotline Miami, and consequently enjoyed a few of its tracks on Soundcloud, I think I've found an exception.

#33 Posted by DarthOrange (3851 posts) -

Starhawk, although I didn't pay for it. It was free with PS+ a while ago. Still really damn good score.

#34 Posted by Yummylee (21256 posts) -

I don't own many soundtracks, but I do own Demon's Souls' and Yakuza 3's. Both of which are absolutely sublime.

#35 Posted by Daveyo520 (6652 posts) -

Sword and Sworcery.

#36 Edited by konig_kei (597 posts) -

Persona 4 and gyakuten saiban, i would really like to get my hands on a wargame: airland battle ost if they ever release one.

#37 Posted by Ramone (2959 posts) -

I really like Fez and Journey's soundtracks but this song right here is the greatest piece of video game music ever written:

BOOM!

#38 Posted by SuperTess (142 posts) -

I was going to say ODST, but then I remembered that I have the Journey soundtrack.

#39 Posted by Nightriff (4915 posts) -

Hotline Miami has taken my heart and put it in a safe place, I wish it could be the soundtrack to my life

#40 Posted by GunstarRed (5030 posts) -

I've been buying a lot more digitally recently. I got that Fez remix album the other day and that's cool, there are a couple of amazing songs on it... amusingly the best remix is by Disasterpeace.

I think my favourite I have gotten is the CD for Journey as the music is both sublime and it is signed by Austin Wintory and some others that developed the game. Other recent soundtracks I adore are Halo 4 and Double Dragon Neon.

#41 Edited by Carlos1408 (1490 posts) -

Demon's Souls soundtrack by Shunsuke Kida is probably my favorite, closely followed by Fez, Mass Effect (1), Dark Souls, Skyrim and Oblivion soundtracks. However, I don't own the Fez soundtrack, I mean to purchases it one of these days. I much prefer it to most film music out there actually. In games you tend to get slightly more adventurous music, at least in comparison to hollywood film scores. The Terraria soundtrack is pretty awesome too, don't own that either though. I'd love to get a chance to write music for games. Done a little for short films, but I have yet to find myself a game developer.

#42 Posted by goreyfantod (114 posts) -

Hotline Miami, hands down.

#43 Edited by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Persona 4 and the Bioshock soundtrack LP that came with my version of Bioshock 2

#44 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

The entire soundtrack to Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. I am unable to be convinced there exists a better videogame soundtrack.

Best track on the album.

This is some killer shit, I'm impressed. And I've played Chaos Theory before >_> .. I never remember shit from games.

#45 Posted by theManUnknown (151 posts) -

@themanunknown said:

Best track on the album.

This is some killer shit, I'm impressed. And I've played Chaos Theory before >_> .. I never remember shit from games.

I played it too, but it wasn't until some of the tracks started turning up on Pandora for me years later that I realized just how great it was.

#46 Posted by ignatz27 (24 posts) -

Katamari Damacy and We Love Katamari are the only videogame soundtracks I have on my ipod (and the original KD may be my favorite videogame -- I'm happy as a clam that it's coming out on PSN next week)

#47 Edited by Fredchuckdave (5339 posts) -

Vagrant Story, also the best game I own (and the best game period). I guess technically I have the Dark Souls soundtrack but it's not a hardcopy so meh; eventually I'll buy the Chrono Cross soundtrack and that will always win this type of question.

#48 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5235 posts) -

I loved Ni No Kuni's music so much I imported the soundtrack.

#49 Edited by kre8havoc (173 posts) -

God of War has some really good music

#50 Posted by McTangle (157 posts) -

Mafia II, just a shame the pause menu music isn't on there.

Weirdly enough I was in an Italian-American restaurant last week and they just played the whole album, needless to say, I got my jig on.