#1 Posted by R3DT1D3 (167 posts) -

Glitches can ran the gamut from infuriating and game-breaking to downright hysterical and enjoyable. What's your favorite or most memorable glitch?

I'll start with a recent video someone linked me to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AweVxT1aKY

#2 Posted by BeachThunder (11650 posts) -

This haunts my dreams:

Mount and Blade
#3 Posted by Nux (2294 posts) -

Missingno is the best glitch in my opinion. There is just something about broken data turned "pokemon" that really made Red and Blue for me.

#4 Posted by Vextroid (1354 posts) -
@Nux said:

Missingno is the best glitch in my opinion. There is just something about broken data turned "pokemon" that really made Red and Blue for me.

#5 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1197 posts) -

The haunted swing-set in GTA IV.

#6 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5797 posts) -

this one, recently posted in a cracked article:

#7 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1223 posts) -

I can't find a video, but skeet shooting in Halo 2:

1. Get in the passenger seat of a Warthog with an energy sword.

2. Aim at an enemy so your crosshairs turn red and swing the sword without hitting them.

3. Have the person that was targeted go to the other side of the map.

4. When the attacker gets out of the Warthog they'll get launched in the air and towards the direction of their target.

5. Have people lined up with sniper rifles and try to hit the person flying through the air.

#8 Posted by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

@Vextroid said:

@Nux said:

#9 Posted by kre8havoc (173 posts) -

I really like when people are animals in Red Dead Redemption

#10 Posted by Video_Game_King (35849 posts) -

I'm not sure if it counts, but I was able to loot the Balor in Temple of Elemental Evil. It's less a glitch and more just a level design oversight, but I still love that I was able to do something like that.

#11 Posted by seannao (223 posts) -

This was done during the http://www.numbersmw.com/ Marathon.

It's a very entertaining speedrun. If you've heard of bottle-hacking, it's great. That's what it is. They did this speedrun in a marathon setting, so they didn't do particularly dangerous runs for time, but tried to do it for entertainment purposes.

Every fan of Ocarina who hasn't seen this, will enjoy this.

The commentary is thorough and clear and there's rarely much dead air. The magic starts around 26 minutes, when Wunk gets his first bottle. The runner is c0smo.

I hope you guys set aside some time to check it out!

#12 Posted by RecSpec (3754 posts) -
@BeachThunder: That's terrifying. Glad I never came across that. 
#13 Posted by Chalian (216 posts) -

The Javelin Glitch

#14 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

MissingNo. It seems so well constructed for a glitch.

#15 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

This haunts my dreams:

Mount and Blade

Mother of god.

#16 Posted by phampire (280 posts) -

@Vextroid said:

@Nux said:

#17 Posted by sungahymn (985 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

@BeachThunder said:

This haunts my dreams:

Mount and Blade

Mother of god.

#18 Posted by fishmicmuffin (1041 posts) -

@seannao: Thanks for sharing, that was fun.

#19 Posted by Xel (114 posts) -

Another vote for Missingno. You can capture and train it!

#20 Posted by dungbootle (2455 posts) -

Get down.

#21 Posted by Hunter5024 (5514 posts) -

The black hole glitch from super smash bros melee sure is cool.

Also I don't think there's any more useful glitch than the w-item glitch from Final Fantasy 7. Infinite Megalixers!

#22 Posted by lovegameflash (1 posts) -

Once in Skyrim I was battling a mage and chopped off her head while she was teleporting. She then came at me with full health and no head. It was pretty funny at the time as it was my first Skyrim glitch.LOL

#23 Edited by TobbRobb (4555 posts) -

I like the one in Super Mario 64 where you bounce on your ass on the stairs until you hit lightspeed and fly through all the walls.

EDIT: That run is amazing.

#24 Posted by I_smell (3925 posts) -
@seannao said:

This was done during the http://www.numbersmw.com/ Marathon.

It's a very entertaining speedrun. If you've heard of bottle-hacking, it's great. That's what it is. They did this speedrun in a marathon setting, so they didn't do particularly dangerous runs for time, but tried to do it for entertainment purposes.

Every fan of Ocarina who hasn't seen this, will enjoy this.

The commentary is thorough and clear and there's rarely much dead air. The magic starts around 26 minutes, when Wunk gets his first bottle. The runner is c0smo.

I hope you guys set aside some time to check it out!

This is blowing my mind. He taught Link to jump.
#25 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1788 posts) -

Halo 2 glitches man. They like changed the way we played the game. BxR and Double Shotting were like gameplay features. Super jumping too. Days were spent attempting to get outside the maps on every level. I remember the sense of accomplishment, after hours, finally getting a warthog outside the map on coag.

And then there was Oblivion. I didn't have a gaming PC at the time, so the glitches in this game felt more like mods. Mostly it was just duping, or duping was at least the root of it. But, there was this one glitch that allowed you to basically have infinite mana. This on top of custom spells really allowed you to do some crazy stuff (Making a whole town go insane or just blasting people yards into the air just to name a couple). After playing Skyrim on PC, loading up a few mods didn't feel the same. It's like I didn't earn them the same way I did the glitches in Oblivion. Strange I know.

Anyways, I guess I'm a fan of glitches that allow you to play the game in a new way.

#26 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

I was going to mention something else entirely, but I'm going to change my vote to Missingno!

So much of my childhood went into Missingno.

#27 Posted by Bollard (5209 posts) -

I might be biased, because it's my video, but 240,000 people can't be wrong.

#28 Posted by TobbRobb (4555 posts) -

@Cloudenvy: You should mention the other thing anyways, because glitches are the best.

#29 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

I like the part where not having VSYNC on in Skyrim could (can?) turn all physics enabled objects into deadly missiles bounding off of the walls and through your skull.

#30 Posted by TobbRobb (4555 posts) -

I stand by my Mario Assbouncing. But this is still amazing.

#31 Edited by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@TobbRobb:

I was going to say:

Because, so good.

#32 Edited by Vexxan (4612 posts) -

"Wrong Warping" to Ganon's Castle from the Deku Tree in Ocarina of Time, shit gets crazy around 13:45.

#33 Posted by Dan_CiTi (3151 posts) -
@seannao: Pretty much, it is far from my favorite Zelda game but Ocarina of Time has so many fucking awesome glitches. 
#34 Posted by s10129107 (1175 posts) -

If you don't want spoilers don't watch the video. Somebody recorded this from Heavy Rain.

I don't think it gets better than this.

#35 Posted by Galiant (2176 posts) -
@JackSukeru

@Vextroid said:

@Nux said:

This, also cloning Pokémon holding items in Gold/Silver for endless TM's.

It was a stupid restriction anyway.
#36 Edited by Sanity (1891 posts) -

Not sure if it be considered a glitch but i used to love flying the tank in Vice City. Dear god that never got old.