What's your go-to game for sadness?

PatTheIndieDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

In light of all the sadness in the world right now. I think we all need a break from the overly violent games and news stories and the best way to really relax is to sit back and play something that is really up-beat. For me one of those games is definitely Pocky And Rocky (The sequel wasn't too bad either.) Despite that game beyond hard as every circle of hell combined, it always made me happy. I never actually owned the game though (I was a broke kid at the time,) but my older brother had it and would come home from college and we'd co-op that shit all night. Maybe it really wasn't that happy of a game, but playing it always gives me those good feelings of the glory days of couch co-op again. WITH THAT SAID... What are your, "happy" games?

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Right now Persona 4 Dancing All Night is the perfect feel good game for me.

jeremym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon still does it for me like no other. I can curl up on a couch and play Y for hours.

Busto1299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Viva Piñata man, Viva Piñata. Shellybeans are the best Piñatas in the game.

PatTheIndieDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@p_tog Pokemon typically makes me pretty happy as well. The music really sets the mood for a good time to be had haha
@viciousbearmauling Atlus tends to consistently put out games that make me happy. lol

azulot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fantasy Life is a good one - easy no intense thinking required and quite lighthearted. I discovered it via Austin's 2014 GOTY List during a bout of depression and at a time when my stress level was rather high (switched jobs, moved, etc). It was nice to have a new game that also required little tutorial. I tend to go back to it any time I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed.

Loafsmooch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Loafsmooch

Somehow playing Grim Dawn comforts me. I don't know why. It's an ARPG like Diablo, set in a dark post-apocalyptic world. Something about the gameplay just soothes me.

Whenever I feel like I need a confidence boost I either play some high level guitar or high level counter-strike. Proving to yourself that you really are good at something is actually quite comforting. I don't think violent games has anything to do with the sadness of violent reality. Just find something you can be exceptionally good at and find relief in how you personally progress, learn to do things you didn't think were possible for you.

superslidetail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Any of the Silent Hill games really, especially 2.

SARRISS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By SARRISS

Dynasty Warriors Gundam. Armored Core For Answer.

AgentZigzag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I unpack my SNES and put on Super Mario World, A Link To The Past or U.N. Squadron.