What's your Pet Peeve/s when playing online? (MMO's included)

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By mordukai

My Online pet peeve is that when you have team based objectives and you so called "teammates" won't play as a team.

innacces14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By innacces14

People who take it too competitvely. By all means online play should be made for that, but sheesh.  Not only that, but this starts the whole flaming/racism talk in the lobbies before/after a match and whatever can of worms the wonderful world of online (I only gots a 360 btw) voice chat can bring.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By The_A_Drain

This is probably going to be unpopular, but, people who don't take online matches seriously enough. Ranked matches that is not player, people can do whatever they like in player matches.

Now, i'm not talking about how hard people train, or how much they cuss or whatever, i'm talking about taking the match in a serious and sportsmanlike manner, no teabagging, no glitching or cheating, no disconnecting, no team killing, no spinning around in circles or wanering off to do your own thing during a team objective. Fuck those people man i'm on ranked because I want a decent match, why the hell else would anyone be there? Cheaters make my blood boil the most, they defeat the point of even having a ladder in the first place.

Now, i'm not one of those people who takes his rank seriously at all, I just want a decent match where everybody gives it their all. That shouldn't be too much to ask.

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By turbomonkey138
@SuperMooseman said:
" People who take the game and/or their statistics too seriously. For example, in TF2 there is a payload race where you have to push the cart to a certain point. Sometimes the cart will be just a tiny bit away from the end, and the timer has seconds left, and all the cart requires is just to be stood next to for a second to push it forward. Obviously the defence will be at the height, so it's probable the player will die, but at least it'll mean a win for the team. Sadly, there are a lot of people who wont take just a single death for the team for whatever reason. "
@The_A_Drain said:
" This is probably going to be unpopular, but, people who don't take online matches seriously enough. Ranked matches that is not player, people can do whatever they like in player matches.Now, i'm not talking about how hard people train, or how much they cuss or whatever, i'm talking about taking the match in a serious and sportsmanlike manner, no teabagging, no glitching or cheating, no disconnecting, no team killing, no spinning around in circles or wanering off to do your own thing during a team objective. Fuck those people man i'm on ranked because I want a decent match, why the hell else would anyone be there? Cheaters make my blood boil the most, they defeat the point of even having a ladder in the first place.Now, i'm not one of those people who takes his rank seriously at all, I just want a decent match where everybody gives it their all. That shouldn't be too much to ask. "
Lol opposites attract
The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain
@turbomonkey138:

No I agree with SuperMooseman, the dude who wouldn't sac his life for the team win is a total douchebag and wasn't taking the game seriously. Leaderboards and statistics can go to hell, it should be all about the moment, the game you're playing right now and giving that your best.
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

When playing a mmo that is new to me, I make it a priority to not power level in anyway, even when someone runs me to some place and kills a few guys on the way, I just hate it and it feels like that exp gained was free, I like to feel like I accomplished something and not that someone else did it for me.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By Bigandtasty

Pretty much any form of complaining/talking shit after a loss 

my favorite [or least favorite] was a guy in starcraft where i was playing a "hide and seek" where i guess people are behind trees and manually shoot them, he talks shit before i shoot him and then he talks so much smack and racism after I shot him...too bad there is no such hack to see through terrain/doodads
71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By 71Ranchero

I hate people that cruise battlegrounds in WoW. Motherfuckers need to understand that some people actualy LIKE to pvp and are not just grinding for gear. IMO they need to allow team killing in WoW so I can wipe those bitches out.

I also have a dislike for people that invite you too groups without asking, ask for gold if they dont personaly know you, or ask for runs or any "cheat" help of any kind if they dont know you. Lastly people that think they are above everyone else playing. Im sorry jackass, your just as much of a loser as everyone else is.
Skyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Skyline

Having to listen to some whiny 10 year old while playing any online shooter.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By penguindust
@Atramentous said:
"I also have a dislike for people that invite you too groups without asking, ask for gold if they dont personaly know you, or ask for runs or any "cheat" help of any kind if they dont know you. Lastly people that think they are above everyone else playing. Im sorry jackass, your just as much of a loser as everyone else is. "
When I played WOW I never accepted a group invite that someone didn't whisper to me first.  It was a rule of mine.  If I got a random invite, I'd immediately click "no".   What I hated in guilds were people who'd join the guide then about 5 minutes later start begging to be run through some low-level instance.  It's like saying "I really don't give a crap about being a part of this guild, I'm just here to play you all for suckers then I'm gone."

In MMOs, people who steal your quest-kill spawn that you've been waiting to reappear.

In shooters, people who won't shut up during the game.  Blah-blah-blah all through the game.  I know, mute, but that still doesn't mean I can't hate them.

In general, disconnects.
leeto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By leeto

(regarding online PC gaming)
Ok, I've come to acknowledge that some players just dont cooperate as a team. But I HATE when I'm on a team and chatting and I don't even get a response! The least you could do is tell me "No way am I going to help guard that control point, fuck off!"

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

People who use the n word to make fun of you, because they think its a insult, i just assume only white trash talks like that

and anyone between the ages of 9 and 25, they tend to be very immature, nothing personal

Ottosmann

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ottosmann

People who quit when they are losing.  Man up and finish the damn game.

phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By phlegms

Americans!

I kid, I kid...
But in all seriousness, you shouldn't be allowed to play online if your voice hasn't broken yet. Someone needs to make some sort of voice recognition software that detects that and bans you if your voice isn't deep enough.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By TheHBK

well mostly voice, people with Souther Accents annoy me, and people that just dont know how to play well on a team.  Or quitters on NBA 2k or leave bad feedback because I run them off the court.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Absurd

When I'm playing in a deathmatch and I get repeatedly shot in the back.

SaraHysaro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SaraHysaro
@phlegms said:
"Americans!I kid, I kid...But in all seriousness, you shouldn't be allowed to play online if your voice hasn't broken yet. Someone needs to make some sort of voice recognition software that detects that and bans you if your voice isn't deep enough."

That could cause problems with female gamers. xD
Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gargantuan
@Ottosmann said:
" People who quit when they are losing.  Man up and finish the damn game. "
I often quit if I or my team gets steam rolled. I don't see any reason to stay if I'm not getting any enjoyment out of it. I'd rather just leave than waste 5-10 minutes.
I never leave close matches though.
phlegms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By phlegms
@SaraHysaro: I'm willing to make that sacrifice.
Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By Cerza
@Atramentous said:
" I hate people that cruise battlegrounds in WoW. Motherfuckers need to understand that some people actualy LIKE to pvp and are not just grinding for gear. IMO they need to allow team killing in WoW so I can wipe those bitches out.

I also have a dislike for people that invite you too groups without asking, ask for gold if they dont personaly know you, or ask for runs or any "cheat" help of any kind if they dont know you. Lastly people that think they are above everyone else playing. Im sorry jackass, your just as much of a loser as everyone else is.
"
I agree. The only thing I would add to this is the asshats who think they can tell everyone else how to play the game.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#22  Edited By Griddler

Rage quitters, 12 year olds with headsets, Spies in TF2 :@

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By LiquidPrince

Shoryuken spammers, although I know how to deal with them.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I could name dozens, but I think what annoys me most is all the racism you hear when playing online. I report people often between matches.

Demoninu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By Demoninu

oh man this one is easy. I play almost every fighting game. and I always run into those people who go into the frame data and the delays and shit, but most of the time I just want to play the damn game. Instead I get excuses as to why this or that happened. Quite annoying.

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Team killers. And people who don't know how to play the game you're playing.

Example: I was playing Left4Dead, and a kid who sounded about 9 or something who didn't even know how to melee or give me pills!

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By jonnyboy

Kids. Simply put I'm tired of being called a "Noob Fag" by a disembodied squeeky voice. Plus the're the only people that choose that Fucking Dragonforce song!