• 169 results
Avatar image for physicalscience
physicalscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I have been going back and forth this entire year whether or not I should buy a Xbox One or a Ps4 and I just wanted to get some feedback on what other people are doing.

I am trying real hard to stick to buying a new console when destiny or titanfall comes out, but for some reason something(most likely tons of marketing) keeps making me think I should get one before hand.

Whats everyone else doing?

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Metal Gear Solid 5 Phantom Pains, that would probably tip me over and I'd cave in and buy one. Right now PC and 3DS gaming is very good.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By damodar

I'm going to just play my next gen games on PC, at least for the time being. I got a PS3 at launch last time around and it was probably a mistake. It took about a year before there were more than a handful on games on PS3 actually worth owning. That was my first time being an early adopter of a system and I think it taught me a lesson :P

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By chrissedoff

I'll probably wait until next spring. That is, unless I hear that the hardware is screwed-up and unreliable. Then I'll wait longer.

JayEH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Launch. Never been an early adopter, want to experience those things for myself.

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By stonyman65

Sometime next year, possibly the year after that. Nothing is really getting me excited exclusive wise, and there really aren't any games coming out anytime soon that I wouldn't already want to play on PC instead.

Maybe when the new Metal Gear comes out, or whatever Naughty Dog is up to on PS4. That would make me get a PS4.... Not much else. Not too hot on the Xbox One right, so I'll just have to wait and see how that goes. I'll probably end up getting both consoles anyway so it doesn't really matter, but I'm not quite sure when I would get them.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

When there is something worth a damn to play. So most likely next spring.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When I feel like throwing several hundred dollars in the trash. I am probably going to skip this generation entirely. The funny thing is that I am actually more likely to buy a Wii-U before anything else. Never would have thought I would say that.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Next week.

Avatar image for deactivated-629fb02f57a5a
deactivated-629fb02f57a5a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@tycobb: I'm actually kind of in the same boat right now, the whole WiiU thing included.

irrelevantjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#11  Edited By irrelevantjohn

Maybe next year. Cancelled my pre-order a few months back :(

sub_o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Maybe a year after new console release. I still have quite a backlog that I wanna finish, and plus there are current gen games that are still coming out, e.g. Dark Souls 2, Kingdom Hearts 2.5 HD, Lords of Shadow 2, and all sorts of JRPGs.

Then there are numerous projects that I wanna finish first.

It's wait and see, there's no harm for me, plus I can see how the new consoles' infrastructure fare, and probably prices of some games will also drop a bit.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

At Lunch

ProfessorK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By ProfessorK

When Destiny.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Seven days and counting.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

After christmas at the earliest. I will probably buy a PS4 if it doesn't turn out to be entirely busted, and if there turns out to be a cheap and simple way around the lack of analog audio output.

Brake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

When Destiny comes out. Provided I have the money.

MaxMikado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By MaxMikado

Launch.

Part of my childhood bucket list is to attend a console launch.

If you're on the fence, though, I'd say hold off until more games are out. And, if you've built your own gaming rig, no need to go next-gen until there's first-party exclusives you absolutely need to play.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unless NBA 2k14 is the greatest game to feature a ball and a hoop, I'll probably wait until next spring.

guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When it's worthwhile.

JosephKnows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

The earliest would probably be in the holidays next year. Still catching up with all the great games that came out this current gen considering I just got my first PS3 back in June. I have played some of this gen's classics on the PC, but I don't exactly have the best gaming rig so going console is the only way for me to play the best ones that have come out in the past couple of years.

Money, games and stability are all big factors too. Nothing too compelling for me coming out anytime soon, the consoles will be experiencing a lot of bugs and some features aren't accessible yet, and I'm sure there will be a price drop a year after or a cheaper (and better) model for the PS4 will be out. I say PS4 because I've no interest at all in the XBONE.

If not December 2014, I could very well wait all the way until March 2015.

mbdoeden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Launch, because fuck it.

I've gotten two consoles at launch before (PS2, Wii) and I am not going to stop now that I have disposable income.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

No Caption Provided

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When there's something worth buying the system for. My PC is still a lot more powerful than both systems, so it'll have to be a platform exclusive, though.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sterling
Panelhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sub_o: I agree with you, still plenty of current gen games coming out next year that I want, plus several older ps3 games I might finally try out.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping to get a new console this Christmas. I would love a Wii U although I think that may be asking too much, so I think it's going to be an Xbox 360. Haven't owned one for a good few years since it broke. There a plenty of great games I want to play on it, and they can all be picked up mega cheap at this point. Excited!

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a perpetually, very-late adopter. I might pick up one of the new boxes when they get their first smaller/more stable/cheaper version. I've still got a huge backlog of this-gen games and not enough time to play them all. It took me until 2009 or so just to finish up most of the PS2 games that I wanted to play.

BeyondStrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will be getting a PS4 on launch day, but basically, because something terrible happened to me and a bunch of people sent Amazon gift cards. If I did not have random gift money, I don't think I would purchase one until at least next year, if ever. That is not a good path to system ownership. I would say then that I would get one if you have the extra income, but would consider it far from necessary. I also don't recommend having something terrible happen to you.

On the other hand, I am very happy I will be able to get one on the first day. Yes, none of the best looking games will be available until next year, but I think Killzone actually looks like fun, though I haven't played many FPS games before. Also, it will be nice to play Black Flag without current gen limitations like frame rate, Resogun looks keen, and some of those free to play games look like fun things to fidget with.

And as a person who loves Nintendo games and products (I bought a 3DS on day one and do not regret it), I do not understand the sudden rally behind the Wii U. In general, I have not been as down on it as most, but I think there is more promise in a PS4 or Xone in the next few months than the Wii U, which has been out for a year. The new Mario looks crazy rad, but it also still looks similar to the (fantastic) one I own for my 3DS. Also, on the horizon, there is Bayonetta 2, a new Smash Bros, a new Xenoblade, and some vague rumors of a Zelda game. That is not very much.

flippyandnod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm buying one a week from today (PS4).

I've got the money and no way I'll be holding out past Xmas 2014 which is what I'd have to do to see a price drop. So I might as well get it today and start enjoying it.

I've bought every console since Saturn in the first week it came out except for Wii U (not at all) and original Xbox (took me a few weeks to find one without paying for a bundle). But after MS kicked me around so much over the RRoD I vowed I wouldn't buy the next gen Xbox as an early adopter. So I'm not.

topsteer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only announced games that I really want play is inFamous and Forza so I figure I can wait till next holiday since I have plenty of current gen games to play.

gatehouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gatehouse

Next spring when Titanfall and Destiny make me have to decide which one of these boxes to plump for. Until then, I'm just going to catch up on games I missed from this generation.

jasbir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm buying a Xbox One at launch.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

I'm getting a PS4 at launch.

ThreeRoneC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm getting an Xbox One when Titan Fall comes out and a PS4 when Metal Gear comes out.

Until then I'll be playing games mostly on my PC and some on 360, maybe a downloadable game or two on PS3.

Yadilie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I was going to get a PS4 at launch (Shadowfall bundle) but talked my way out of it because my huge PS3 backlog and Ys Celceta is like a week after it comes out. So I'm going to grab one sometime before the 14th of December hopefully. Got a 10% off coupon for Electronics from my works magazine they send out. 10% then 10% = way better deal than the PS4 bundle.

Dayve86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to get a Wii U soon for Super Mario 3D World. I'll probably get a PS4 next year when Ground Zeroes comes out since it's the only console exclusive I care about in the near future. Might end up with a X-Box One few years down the road when the price drops a couple times if there's any exclusives I want.

HermanBloom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By HermanBloom

Next year. At some point. Undecided on which one.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When my normal retailer gets stock early next year, I don't like shopping at EB.

hans_maulwurf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By hans_maulwurf

I'll probably get a ps4 sometime in spring when Watchdogs is out and hopefully some of the launch games are already cheaper. Only a really sick bundle might sway me to get one earlier. Can't imagine right now to get an xbo - maybe if the remedy game is out and after a price cut, but definitely not in the near future.

droop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

When there's something on them I feel like I need to play.

Ezekiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Ezekiel

Three years at least. Maybe never.

forkboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably 2 years time, maybe a bit more, or a bit less. It depends on the game situation. I've never been an early adopter, I got my 360 this time round when GTA4 came out. I'm OK waiting, unless I happen to win the lottery & suddenly have more money than sense.

Avatar image for commander_crichton
Commander_Crichton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm probably just gonna buy a new pc right now, maybe buy a next gen console years from now, when the systems and the exclusives I'm interested in are much cheaper.

morningstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By morningstar

March or so. Maybe February.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#47  Edited By kagato

I guess ive already started since i have a WiiU, getting the PS4 on launch but have no idea what games ill be playing since...nothings really out, probably Blackflag i guess...

Vanick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Launch because I'm dumb and impatient.

spat55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By spat55

When there are loads of exclusives out for PS4, then I can get them at very low prices. I still haven't got The Last Of Us yet.

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

My PS4 pre-order on Amazon is already paid off, so technically, you could say I already have bought a new console. Just waiting for delivery.