#101  Edited By probablytuna

When I'm done with Dark Souls II.

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

Gotta raise da monies somehow! Hit the streets, shake some ass. I'm waiting on Deus Ex

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By Levio
  1. I need a new TV before getting new consoles
  2. I'm probably going to wait for 4K TV's to be mainstream before getting a new TV
  3. The new consoles can't do 4K gaming
  4. So I'm probably just going to game on the PC until consoles can do 4K, whenever that happens
mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm going to wait until sometime next year and see if there are any issues with these new consoles. My PS3 Slim has been fine but it is prone to crashing one in a while. My 360 on the other hand was bought around 6 months after launch yet it was still a launch console which meant it suffered from RRoD which had to be repaired then it broke again a couple of months after the extended warranty.

The only launch games that look interesting to me as Killzone and Resogun. I do really want to play inFamous though as well as whatever Naughty Dog release. Nothing at the XB1 launch has me excited but if a sequel to Forza Horizon were to happen, I'd be more interested.

ch3burashka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

November 15th unless Target screws up and sells my console to somebody

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

@tobbrobb said:

When is Platinum's new next-gen game out?

What are they working on? If it's Revengeance 2 or Re-revengeance or Revengeance Twoce or Revenge with a Revengeance Vengeance or something of that nature, I will power jump right now and yell fuck yeah.

elko84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

LAUNCH

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#109  Edited By ProfessorEss

The PS4 doesn't seem to be offering anything that my PC doesn't already do and I've never been the biggest fan of their exclusives (except for Naughty Dog). I like a lot of the functionality the XBox One is offering but I'm very wary of getting locked into their XBox Live services. I dunno, maybe next fall? I still have way to many unanswered questions to consider either.

...a Dance Central announcement could sway me though.

DrStrangepork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing about these new consoles are grabbing me yet so most likely late next year. If something comes out that really wows me I may jump on board sooner.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't plan on buying a ps4 until next year sometime, but I know for a fact that at times i can be an impulse buyer and if they are available i may end up grabbing one. But man, i'm disappointed so far in both consoles so far, xbone can't even get crossplatform games running at 1080 and have he nerve to charge 100 dollars more for a worse gaming experience, and fucking sony is taking out basic features for no damn reason. Can't play cd's? wtf kinda shit is that? my ps1 can play cds. smfh

Mijati

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I'll probably get a PS4 once I get my bonus in April.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I need me some Super Mario 3D World. Gunna have to really suck up to the mrs this Xmas if I'm hoping to get one, haha.

Cactusapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Cactusapple

I'd be a fool to part with money for either one of these things when the PC I play games on is more powerful than either of them and the games come at a fraction of the price on Steam. I suspect many of the console manufacturer's potential customers are in a similar position due to them dragging out this generation so long. I am forced to predict both will suffer from exceedingly disappointing sales and it will cause a lot of people to experience varying degrees of schadenfruede when that happens. If the gap between PC and the next-gen consoles is already as notable as it is now, before they're even released, imagine what it will be like in a year or three.

It's going to be interesting to watch from the sidelines but if you're a player of computer games, you're already taken care of far better than either of these consoles have to potential to achieve. If it's advice you're after mine is this: If you have the money to spend on a gaming habit, spend it wiser. Don't buy either console, just upgrade your PC. You will have made your money back 10 times over in a year or so with the Steam sales (as well as the other DL services e.g. GoG and Amazon, but Steam is the main player) and you'll have so many games to choose from, all of which look and run better than their console counterparts, you'll not have enough hours to play them all.

RazielCuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

- Hopefully when this puppy is released.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cactusapple: You ever consider that, you know, some people might just want a console over a PC? for many, myself included, the biggest reason to own any gaming system is the games that can only be played there. not simply how many polygons a machine can push, or what frame rate it runs at etc.

Guesty_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cactusapple: You ever consider that, you know, some people might just want a console over a PC? for many, myself included, the biggest reason to own any gaming system is the games that can only be played there. not simply how many polygons a machine can push, or what frame rate it runs at etc.

Natedogg2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If I hadn't bought a new PS3 earlier this year, I would have probably considered picking up a PS4 this fall. Now, I'm going to wait for some time (probably a year or two, depending on finances) before I consider picking up a PS4.

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#119  Edited By emfromthesea

I'll most likely get a PS4 when the slim model is released in 2-3 years. I'm hoping to get a better PC before then.

Rekt_Hed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

@jayeh said:

Launch. Never been an early adopter, want to experience those things for myself.

Same as. First time I've been in a situation where I can afford to get a new console day 1 and judging by the life cycle of the current hardware it ain't gonna happen anytime soon after this so I wanna be a part of it too.

...Though every day we get closer I continually ask my self why have I pre ordered a PS4 now...maybe I should wait. Then I realise the alternative is to get a whole new PC (My old one is waaaaaaaaaaay passed upgrading.....and then I continue to wait for PS4!

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least 6 months after launch. I have a gaming PC, so for multiplatform releases, I already have the best experience in most cases. But, there are some exclusives I really want to get my hands on, like Infamous. As of now, I'm pretty sure Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, and (please God let this be announced this month!) Persona 5 are all console exclusives, so I will most likely be buying a PS4 at some point. Pretty much given up completely on the XBONE though.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've traditionally never adopted at launch. No reason to start now.

Already got more than enough going on with the existing consoles, so I figure I can wait to see how things shake out.

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Probably early next year. I would have maybe got one this Christmas if Watch Dogs was coming out.

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#124  Edited By bybeach

Spring or next year sometime. I'm not just thinking of the PS4, though at the moment that is my inclination.

I want to see things a little more.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

Probably when Destiny comes out. I still haven't decided which console yet though.

sinthe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By sinthe

I recently played with a ps4 demo they had at frys. Knack is surprisingly fun, well, to me. But, I'm waiting till more games come out for both consoles. Till then I'll just stick to pc.

Dylstew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think I will. I need money to buy a new PC, or atleast upgrade it, and I already bought a 3ds(I care more about handhelds). There's no real new game that makes me want a new console.

Bam_Boozilled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By Bam_Boozilled

Whenever I finish college and have the spare money and time to buy one. Same deal with most of my friends. Who knows if we will even game together by then, seeing as we are all off to different places. This console launch was perfectly timed to make it super unlikely I will get one. But it's too early to tell for sure.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have nearly enough money to go spending it on consoles when they have nothing I'm interested in playing on them. Maybe I'll pick up Deep Down and a PS4, but I'm really not liking what they're doing with that game's story and atmosphere. There's really nothing that's been announced that's gotten me excited, so maybe some indie games will come up that'll spark my interest. So... mid next-year? Something like that.

TechDemoTREX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sometime at the back end of next year. I'm having way too much fun with my PS3 right now and I'm guessing those PS+ games will only get better as time passes. And the only console that's got a proper library right now is the WiiU.

razzdrazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was bummed because I didn't really have the extra money to buy a new console, but then I realized that if I bought it, I'd probably use it for Netflix more than gaming, since the launch lineup is so thin. So, I'll most likely wait around until March or so, when more games will be available.

But, not having a good gaming pc, I'll have to scrape by on PS3 games, 3DS games, and whatever games I can duct-tape together on my Macbook Pro. Luckily for me, there are a wealth of 3DS games coming out (Zelda, Yoshi's Island) and a bunch of PS3 games I haven't finished (haven't even started GTA V yet). But, I imagine that I'll probably just play a ton of Hearthstone and call it a day...

Still, I'm super tempted to just save up a bit extra and build a new pc. My computer from 2006 just doesn't cut it anymore, especially in the living room...

Cactusapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Cactusapple

@guesty_01: That point can be turned around. The PC also has platform exclusives and the biggest back catalogue by far, including backward compatibility concerning current-gen console exclusives when the emulators inevitably come out after a few years once the tech allows. How you make decisions concerning spending your own money is up to you, but I personally would not let a handful of games that are only going to be available on one console sway me into parting with 400-500 quid. What happens when I've played them? I'm then left with the same old situation of an inferior piece of hardware playing inferior versions of the rest of the games at a higher price.

It just doesn't make sense to me.

Also to address the strawman argument you set up - I did not say graphical fidelity was the overriding concern, but in this day and age why settle for an inferior product and pay more for it? When you CAN have all the polygons and the framerate and the anti-aliasing and the hi-res texture packs etc for a very reasonable cost compared to the alternative, why settle for less? My favourite game of all time is Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup so I'm hardly a graphics whore, but given the options available, sticking with PC, for me, is a total no-brainer.

@razzdrazz: "Still, I'm super tempted to just save up a bit extra and build a new pc. My computer from 2006 just doesn't cut it anymore, especially in the living room..."

Do it, you absolutely won't regret it, and saving the small amount extra now, and priding yourself on having that little bit more patience than most in order to enable you to wait it out happily, will save you buckets of cash over the generation.

MidNVis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When they release something I want to play that isn't also coming to current gen consoles. So I dunno, when Kingdom Hearts or something comes out?

jeanespinosa21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By jeanespinosa21

@vanick said:

Launch because I'm dumb and impatient.

my life in a nutshell.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I had a PS4 pre-ordered, but I canceled it. I'm primarily a PC gamer and am going to build a new PC in January. Most games I want to play are also coming out on PC, so I don't really need a console until at least mid next year. I'll almost assuredly buy a PS4 first for the same reason I bought a PS3 but still don't own a 360... More games on 360 also come out on PC whereas Playstation has more "true exclusives..."

Samaritan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

When I have the extra $400 to plop down for a PS4. There are already enough games coming to that system, eventually, that I want to play that it's worth jumping in as soon as possible.

j0lter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By j0lter

I will be buying a PS4 probably some time next year. There are honestly no games coming out at the moment for it that would justify getting it early. I like to wait until they put out their "fixed' version of the console, working out the bugs of the initial launch console. Just look at all the changes the ps3 and 360 went through. Hopefully these consoles don't require as much fixing, but my hopes remain minimal.

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

I have had mine pre-ordered on Amazon for the day one edition since they opened the reservations up last June. A friend in Amazon shipping has told me they may ship them to customers as early as Thursday but either way I am getting one at launch. I am excited.

BRich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pre-ordered an Xbox. At the very least Ill have Forza to play.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Destiny, InFamous, Metal Gear.

marc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thursday night for me

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By NegativeCero

I'm honestly thinking about waiting as long as possible, probably a couple years and decide whether I really need one or finally get into PC gaming.

BD_Mr_Bubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayeh said:

Launch. Never been an early adopter, want to experience those things for myself.

Sessh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably gonna wait about 5-6 months, which should be enough for a second generation of consoles to come out. I really don't want another red ring of death marathon.

laserguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need a job first. Then I need to convince my wife to let me. Then I need to get my balls out of her purse.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I intended to buy a ps4 on launch day until maybe a week or two ago. I just can't justify spending 400 bucks to play Knack. Instead I'm waiting until early next year when my financial situation clears up a bit. I definitely intend to have one by the time Infamous comes out.

Whitestripes09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Considering that my PC is pretty under powered for next gen and the fact that I just don't play very many games on PC other than CS:GO, I think I'm going to go with the PS4 at launch. Figured I might as well be a filthy casual and enjoy some of the next gen games that will stream out from this upcoming year.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soon. maybe jan/feb as I just dont want to get hit with first round consoles ../

Roger_Klotz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Xbox One at launch. PS4 sometime in the future.