#1 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

like i was the dude that called in to talk to tony about the onslaught stuff, and the delay between the stream and the phone was surprising  and i was like oh fuck im on now, personally kinda embarrasing for me.
(first time caller)  

so if i use skype will that cut down on the delay or no?

#2 Posted by LordAndrew (14426 posts) -

Wouldn't that make it worse?

#3 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Wait, you talked on the phone and listened to the stream? 
That's against rule number one of calling into shows like that. If you're calling in using a phone or skype listen to either the phone or skype. 
Don't wait for the stream to catch up if that is indeed what you were doing because that could take forever

#4 Edited by Marz (5648 posts) -

depends where your calling from, there's still latency talking through the internet.  But yeah never listen to the show/stream while your on a call with them, just listen to the phone.  It will just throw off your timing.

#5 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

yea i figure thats what i should ve done, ill know for next time, again first time caller :P, i hope dave screens the calls again

#6 Edited by Vinny (1705 posts) -

Yeah, we pipe the show into the phone/skype so you don't have to listen to the stream and you won't get the delay. I'll try and make it clearer to guys/gals screening the calls to mention that part. I'm still surprised everything works!

Staff
#7 Posted by CookieMonster (2416 posts) -

soz like jillian mckeef.

#8 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

Wow, I spotted a Vinny post ^^^. It's like encountering the wily chupacabra and living to tell the tale.

#9 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

yea i feel kinda honored that i got a staff to answer my question thanks vinny :)

#10 Posted by tracerace11 (288 posts) -
@McGhee_the_Insomniac said:
" Wow, I spotted a Vinny post ^^^. It's like encountering the wily chupacabra and living to tell the tale. "
this
#11 Posted by 234r2we232 (3181 posts) -

Do you mean the latency between person and awkward? Because Skype won't help you D:

#12 Posted by Commisar123 (1790 posts) -

I used skype and that worked real well no latency or anything