When deciding to purchase a bundle from Humble Bundle I

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

Poll When deciding to purchase a bundle from Humble Bundle I (93 votes)

pay a set amount for any bundle I buy 28%
decide how much to pay based on how much I want the games on offer 71%

I was just curious to see how other people approach the Humble Bundles.

• 
Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jesus_Phish

I pay a fixed amount and then divide it up accordingly.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By mosespippy

I don't have a credit card. Sometimes I put a bunch of Canadian money on my Paypal account then order stuff from the states. After the conversion there is usually like $12 left because I always put on more than I need. I'll save it for PSN and Humble sales until it whittles down to an amount that can't buy anything, like $1.28 or something. That's when it gets dumped into a pay what you want thing like humble bundles. Right now I think I've got like 80 cents and I'm waiting for a book bundle that looks interesting. I don't really buy the game bundles because I already have more games than I can play.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I usually pay a dollar unless one of the beat the average games is really good. All proceeds to devs except for the Origin bundle where it all went to Childs Play.

VierasTalo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I pretty much always pay above the average even if the games above aren't of interest. That's usually a good number of petty cash I'd spend on other dumb stuff so might as well could grab the games. Usually give them to the devs.

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

What I've done with the bundles I've purchased was take the "average to beat" price that gets me all of the games and then round it up a few bucks to the nearest 5. I'm pretty sure it's always ended up being $10, maybe $15 for one of them.

BoringK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 27

Depends. Usually I'll pay just enough (generally $10-15) to get everything if there's enough games/stuff in the bundle I don't already own. I also have a habit of paying just above the Linux average, since they're almost always the highest payers. This last one, I already owned most of the games except for Prison Architect, Race The Sun and Luftrausers, but I went ahead and bought it for $65 because the physical tier (something I don't usually go for) looked awesome.

Kidavenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 90

User Lists: 33

I pay 10 dollars, if there aren't 10 dollars worth of games in there to me I won't buy it at all.

rahulricky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'm surprised, I thought more people would do what I do - just pay $15 for every bundle that I want. Saves me from wasting time thinking too much about the value proposition and $15 is just a couple of beers so doesn't break the bank.

Avatar image for deactivated-63b0572095437
deactivated-63b0572095437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kidavenger said:

I pay 10 dollars, if there aren't 10 dollars worth of games in there to me I won't buy it at all.

Same here. If I'm not willing to pay $10, then I don't really want the games in the bundle that bad. Nothing against the people that always only give $1, but it's not how I prefer to do it. Doing this, I still have over 30 un-redeemed games. I'd rather give them away over time (usually on Twitch) than to install them just to play for 10 minutes. If I got every bundle available, I can't imagine how many unplayed games I'd have.

I do the default split all the time. They came up with that based on what percentages keep everyone happy and Humble in business. I like what they do, so I don't mess with the split.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By agentboolen

I try to give a fair price (and one that I can afford) and I try to take account that a % is going to a charity (which they let you decide!! K-mart wont let you do that.). There services are really good, considering its going to a charity I think there service really goes above and beyond. Just the idea of buying a bundle and the money goes to charity and they still let you gift stuff from that bundle is just amazing (instead of just hoping you recommend that bundle to a friend). Basically there more then fair and very generous with the way they offer there service.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I take the average and round up to the nearest dollar.