When do you think the vitatv is coming to North America?

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I really really hope the vitatv comes out to north america. I'm thinking it'll be out here when japan gets the ps4.

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish, I bought a retail copy of P4 Golden at release with hopes that some alternative for playing it on a nice big tv would come about, I wouldn't be surprised if sony waits until some time this holiday season, but if push comes to shove and they aren't making a move by then I may consider just importing, I would read up on what ever region locking shenanigans that might thwart my efforts first though.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

@wolfgame said:

I wish, I bought a retail copy of P4 Golden at release with hopes that some alternative for playing it on a nice big tv would come about, I wouldn't be surprised if sony waits until some time this holiday season, but if push comes to shove and they aren't making a move by then I may consider just importing, I would read up on what ever region locking shenanigans that might thwart my efforts first though.

From what I've heard, don't import one unless you can read Japanese.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

i hope soon

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But yeah, I really want a Vita TV too. Mostly for PSP games, I just don't really like playing long grindy RPGs on a small screen. I find it hard to kick back and relax when I've got to hold my controller (vita) so close to my face.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I doubt we'll ever get it. It tanked in Japan and would probably do about the same here, if not worse.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it comes over here since I have no interest in the large retail PS4/PS3 games, but I like a lot of their indie stuff that often shows up on the Vita. I like what Sony's been doing lately, but I see no reason to buy a underpowered big console for a lot of money when I can buy an underpowered tiny console for less money. I also really want to play Persona 4 Golden.

Plus, if the Vita TV came out here I would expect it to get Netflix which would be nice for me since I'm the last person in the world that doesn't have some kind of box that will play HD Netflix (I do have a Wii) without some absurd added charged (Xbox Live Gold (More like Xbucks Lied/Trolled amirite)).

Also that thing looks sweet. Sony's hardware designs, excluding the last PS3, have been pretty awesome.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

@hailinel said:

I doubt we'll ever get it. It tanked in Japan and would probably do about the same here, if not worse.

Wait, what? Weird. Maybe it would do a lot better in the States (in a "per Vita-owner" rate). Maybe Japanese people aren't into couch-gaming as much as Americans!

Do you have a source on this though?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:
@hailinel said:

Wait, what? Weird. Maybe it would do a lot better in the States (in a "per Vita-owner" rate). Maybe Japanese people aren't into couch-gaming as much as Americans!

Here.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:
@hailinel said:

Is it that big of a surprise? The whole reason behind having a Vita is having something to play when you don't have access to a tv. Playing Vita games on a tv sounds dumb.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By xyzygy

I hear it did and is doing not good in Japan. So maybe never. I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Snail

@hunkulese: You can potentially turn the Vita into a portable multimedia center. That's the appeal of it. It's like having an Apple TV for an iOS device (at least I assume Apple TV has AirPlay). It makes complete sense.

On top of that, some Vita games look like they would be enjoyable as big-screen experiences.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@snail said:

@hunkulese: You can potentially turn the Vita into a portable multimedia center. That's the appeal of it. It's like having an Apple TV for an iOS device (at least I assume Apple TV has AirPlay). It makes complete sense.

On top of that, some Vita games look like they would be enjoyable as big-screen experiences.

Not appealing enough, apparently.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hopefully soon. I think it'd be smart if they pushed it out around the same time as Playstation Now. Sony should go hog wild on the streaming stuff.

The VitaTV could be incredible if it allows remote play and it allows remote play to happen with a DS4 synced to it. Couple the VitaTV with Playstation Now and remote play and you could potentially have every Sony console on one tiny $100 device.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hunkulese: yeah why would anyone want to play games on a tv with a dualshock 4, instead of being hunched over and cramming a screen in your face?

RenegadeSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I'm not really sure that it will. I don't see much of a market for it.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@renegadesaint: it's a ps1,psp, vita and roku box for a hundred bucks, your stupid not to buy one.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jz said:

@renegadesaint: it's a ps1,psp, vita and roku box for a hundred bucks, your stupid not to buy one.

I treat handhelds as handhelds, not miniature consoles. No thank you.

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By toowalrus

@turambar said:

@jz said:

This is true, but most of the Vita/PSP games I'm interested in playing were console games to begin with.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Hailinel

@turambar said:

@jz said:

This mirrors my thinking. I'm not buying a separate box to play Vita games on when I have a Vita handy. The Vita TV has no purpose in my home.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hunter5024

@hailinel said:

Well part of the appeal of the Vita TV is supposed to be its ability to stream the PS4 between multiple screens. Since they don't even have the PS4 yet, that could have played a factor in its sales. Also their regular Vita sales have been way better than ours, and as you stated later in the thread, there's not much of a point in having one if you've already got a Vita. So there are definitely other factors to consider.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel: @turambar: have you people not hear of comfort? It would be waaay nicer and waay more comfortable to play vita games on a big tv with a dualshock 4. Handheld games are just as much games as console ones.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

Never, why risk crippling the vita sales even further. Hell I'm not even sure we'll get the remodeled Vita systems at the rate they're going right now.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well this sucks for me. I was waaaaaaay more interested in the vitatv than either the ps4 or Xb1.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Considering the unlikelyhood of Vita TV coming over, it makes you wonder whether Vita 2000 will share the same fate.

@jz said:

@hailinel: @turambar: Handheld games are just as much games as console ones.

AGREED. But I prefer handhelds over TV.

p.s. I was told less than half of Vita games are compatible with Vita TV.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably never. The Vita Tv is such a niche device, and if it is selling like shit in Japan it probably won't fare well in the States either.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

come on OP why don't you like handhelds, it's like having a game console in the plam your hands

No Caption Provided

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Hailinel

@jz said:

@hailinel: @turambar: have you people not hear of comfort? It would be waaay nicer and waay more comfortable to play vita games on a big tv with a dualshock 4. Handheld games are just as much games as console ones.

If the Vita isn't comfortable enough to use by itself, Sony fucked things up to begin with.

Avatar image for captain1ndustry
Captain1ndustry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Captain1ndustry

You may not have to wait, if the Vita TV isn't region locked you can pick one up off ebay for a little over msrp.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@turambar said:

@jz said:

At the same time I'd treat consoles as over sized handhelds in terms of power. I'd rather have a cheap system for exclusives since they will never run as well as the PC alternative. What's the point in spending $400 on weak consoles if I could spend just $100? If graphics don't matter why does it matter where you play your games as long as you can get them, right?

doctorpayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Vonocourt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#32  Edited By Vonocourt

Wouldn't this be a cheap entry level platform for Playstation Now? I could see it coming out in America if the service gains some traction on pre-established hardware.

JZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By JZ