This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sorry_Bulbasaur (26 posts) -

Recently I have been wondering if I have become addicted to games. Let me give you a bit of detail:

I play for about 3-5 hours per week. I read about games when I am not playing them. I listen to the Bombcast for hours at a time. When I am reading a good novel I often think about games but then focus back on the novel and the pages I have turned to. When I eat mushrooms on my burger I think of Toadsworth being dead. When I walk down the street I think it looks a bit like Grand Theft Auto. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I think about is the day we are on and do I need to go to the bathroom. Then breakfast. Then TV. Then video games. When someone is talking to me I often see a list of answers I could choose from. When I see trees, I want to hug them for gold coins but I am afraid that they'll be on to me.

So as you can see I think I might be addicted to games.

#2 Edited by Zacagawea (1569 posts) -

Stahp

Edit: pls

#3 Posted by falserelic (4941 posts) -

Lets ask Dr.phil

#4 Posted by Sorry_Bulbasaur (26 posts) -

Stahp

Edit: pls

Stahp? I don't get it? Some people really need to get a dictionary!

#6 Edited by Jams (2956 posts) -

I don't know if you're trying to be cute or what. But no you're not addicted to games.

#7 Posted by Sorry_Bulbasaur (26 posts) -

@turbyne said:

@sorry_bulbasaur said:

Recently I have been wondering if I have become addicted to games. Let me give you a bit of detail:

I play for about 3-5 hours per week. I read about games when I am not playing them. I listen to the Bombcast for hours at a time. When I am reading a good novel I often think about games but then focus back on the novel and the pages I have turned to. When I eat mushrooms on my burger I think of Toadsworth being dead. When I walk down the street I think it looks a bit like Grand Theft Auto. When I wake up in the morning the first thing I think about is the day we are on and do I need to go to the bathroom. Then breakfast. Then TV. Then video games. When someone is talking to me I often see a list of answers I could choose from. When I see trees, I want to hug them for gold coins but I am afraid that they'll be on to me.

You also seem to be addicted to cock.

You have overstepped the mark. I will have to ban you from this topic. Sorry.

#9 Posted by MariachiMacabre (6936 posts) -

@turbyne: Don't be a homophobic asshole.

#11 Edited by MariachiMacabre (6936 posts) -

@turbyne said:

@mariachimacabre said:

Don't be a sensitive asshole without a sense of humor. I'm being subtle.

This guy has posted 7-8 threads in the last couple of minutes.

And that's cause to be a homophobe? And you are in no way being subtle.

#13 Edited by Razorlution (180 posts) -

It becomes an addiction when it conflicts with things like work, family and friends. If you still must play a game when you should be at work, doing something with family/friends then you have a problem.

#14 Posted by Sorry_Bulbasaur (26 posts) -

@turbyne said:

@sorry_bulbasaur said:

@turbyne said:

@sorry_bulbasaur said:

You also seem to be addicted to cock.

You have overstepped the mark. I will have to ban you from this topic. Sorry.

You're no less addicted to dicks.

Report to your commanding officer for court martial!

#15 Edited by falserelic (4941 posts) -

Well this thread is coming along smoothly, so much hostile exchanges its beautiful.

#16 Posted by evanbower (1205 posts) -

When you're addicted to it.

#17 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4659 posts) -

@turbyne said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@turbyne said:

@mariachimacabre said:

What a faggot.

Let's see what the mods think of your "humor."

#18 Edited by CaLe (3678 posts) -

When you would choose to play a game rather than talk to your internet girlfriend or watch the latest episode of your favorite Japanese anime. If you watch the Japanime and ignore the girl, there may still be a chance for you--a great hope even.

Also, you are not addicted if it's your job to play. If you are the Main Tank(MT) in a 40-man raiding guild, it's your job to be there for raids, so that doesn't count as addiction.

I hope you have learned something here about addiction today. She is a cruel mistress and she enjoys digging her claws in as deep as they can go. Even after you've wrestled the heartless bitch off of you the scars from her wicked claws remain.

#19 Posted by Sorry_Bulbasaur (26 posts) -

@turbyne said:

@mariachimacabre said:

@turbyne said:

@mariachimacabre said:

What a faggot.

Let's see what the mods think of your "humor."

Report to your commanding officer for court martial!

#20 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

When it's called Animal Crossing. AAAAHHH!!

#21 Posted by BatmanBatman (269 posts) -

Games are good.

#22 Edited by froesti (101 posts) -

When I eat mushrooms on my burger

You are on some gangster shit! Mushrooms on a burger sound potentially awesome.

#23 Posted by Jeust (10334 posts) -

I think addiction to *something* comes into play when that *something* starts having a bad influence in your life,

#24 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4423 posts) -

Only if it outright conflicts with other aspects of your life.

Also, there's some very questionable post's in this thread. Here's a link to the forum rules.

#25 Posted by Hunter5024 (5165 posts) -

@razorlution said:

It becomes an addiction when it conflicts with things like work, family and friends. If you still must play a game when you should be at work, doing something with family/friends then you have a problem.

This is the answer.

#26 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2149 posts) -

No you aren't.

#27 Posted by StarFoxA (5123 posts) -

3-5 hours a week? I've been averaging 6 hours a day on Dark Souls this week... then again, it is summer, and I'm unemployed.