When does streamlining a game go to far? (ninja gaiden 2)

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SmugDarkLoser

Now I understand that a game being insanely difficult for no reason isn't fun.  But when does the line get drawn from streamlining and ruining some of the gameplay?  Okay, it's not huge, but just check this out---> the enemies are fucking devil may cry enemies.  They're so, so slow now.   Seriously though, they don't the enemies move around anymore, what gives?  Ninja Gaiden is all about fast movement.

Apparently they're also taking out other things like the crawling kamikazes.  ):

Also, talking about censorship.  The enemies now bleed....purple hazes?  What?  Seems like decapitations aren't there anymore either and in general it's harder to ampitate someone.  Is this....good?
Doubt the scythe is in it now considering the weapon wouldn't be right without the blood.  Hmm.... isn't this taking it too far?

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By TheFreeMan

I find it stranger that they bleed, like, purple and blue now. Huh?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

In its defense, this is the beginning of the game, and no difficulty was shown as being selected. (Not that it makes a difference, since playing it on Easy mode means that only one of your balls will be busted instead of both :P.)

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

NG2 sucks.  I not buying this shit again for PS3.  The only good games of this genre are DMC and GoW.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@KaosAngel said:
"NG2 sucks.  I not buying this shit again for PS3.  The only good games of this genre are DMC and GoW."

Ninja Gaiden is the best in its genre really.  It's just suppose to have so much shit going on with crazy acrobatics and stuff. 

The thing that was really special imo about NG2 was the fact that you really felt like you were slaugtering your enemies, not only killing them.  My god, that scythe....so good.
I bet you they take out the sword weilding dogs in this game as well (they absolutely rape)
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By KaosAngel
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@KaosAngel said:
"NG2 sucks.  I not buying this shit again for PS3.  The only good games of this genre are DMC and GoW."
Ninja Gaiden is the best in its genre really.  It's just suppose to have so much shit going on with crazy acrobatics and stuff.  "
Ninja Gaiden was amaszing.  NG2...not so much,.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@KaosAngel said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@KaosAngel said:
Ninja Gaiden is the best in its genre really.  It's just suppose to have so much shit going on with crazy acrobatics and stuff.  "
Ninja Gaiden was amaszing.  NG2...not so much,."
I thought NG2 was better.  NG2 was definately less friendly to those who are reliant on spamming attacks.   Much, much harder of a game. 
Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

It is kind of weird what they're doing, but the first game was definitely way too hard. After finishing the game on the harder difficulty, I knew what torture was. It looks like the camera is still a bit annoying in this for the most part, but it doesn't look like the violence or anything else will be too big a deal. It did look like they were showing it on the acolyte difficulty (AKA easy), so that could be something

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@KaosAngel said:
"
@SmugDarkLoser said:
"
@KaosAngel said:
Ninja Gaiden was amaszing.  NG2...not so much,."
I thought NG2 was better.  NG2 was definately less friendly to those who are reliant on spamming attacks.   Much, much harder of a game.  "
I didn't think it was as good as the original, it felt really rushed with terrible transitions between levels, awful camera, and an overall worse story. When I beat the last boss it didn't feel like the game had gone anywhere over the course of the story and I wasn't satisfied. It was really anticlimactic as well.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By asurastrike

The Ninja Gaiden series was always too hard to be fun for me. : /

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
@Asurastrike said:
"The Ninja Gaiden series was always too hard to be fun for me. : /"

And that's perfectly fine to say.  That being said, making a lower difficulty just takes away from what makes ninja gaiden, well, ninja gaiden.  I'd argue that it's to do with the fact that as a hack and slash, ninja gaiden, well, aside from the scythe....isn't to great.  Devil May Cry is more fun as a hack and slash, God of War the king of satisfication of just hitting buttons randomly.   If they can't get you to run around crazily in ninja gaiden and, well, be a ninja, then ninja gaiden isn't necessarily hugely great.  So I guess to put it really quickly, if you act like a samarai in ninja gaiden you're going to hate it.