Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

When is a Game Complete to you? (100 votes)

When I see the credits roll. 87%
When I have all the Trophies/Achievements. 13%

Just wondering about other peoples views on this. I'm a credits guy.

#1 Posted by Winternet (7936 posts) -

Oh the illusive middle ground. Where art thou?

#2 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

When I bone it

#3 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Credits

#4 Posted by Pr1mus (3528 posts) -

Credits.

Otherwise i would have "completed" only about 10 games instead of dozens.

#5 Edited by AlexanderSheen (4682 posts) -

After I saw the credits roll and had enough fun with it to not want to play it anymore.

#6 Edited by DaMisterChief (628 posts) -

When its not fun anymore

#8 Posted by BaneFireLord (2881 posts) -

Whenever I feel done with it. I played sixteen hours of Dark Souls, fought about five bosses and got all I ever want out of that game. I have all of the achievements for Oblivion but so long as I can still install wacky mods and stumble into new dungeons, I'm never going to be finished with it.

#9 Posted by HH (527 posts) -

when i'm bored.

that very rarely coincides with the credits,

never with achievements.

#10 Edited by Pikawai (135 posts) -

"When I see the credits roll." Has my vote, however I do sometimes make sure to get some achievements for fun.

#11 Posted by Ares42 (2448 posts) -

When I don't wanna play it anymore.

#12 Posted by MentalDisruption (1618 posts) -

When I get bored of it, but I'll vote for credits since that'd be my next answer.

#13 Posted by Soapy86 (2599 posts) -

Oh the illusive middle ground. Where art thou?

This.

Seriously people, learn to make polls that aren't fucking black and white. It's not hard.

As for my answer, merely playing a game to the credits, especially nowadays when games are so short, isn't usually enough to satisfy me. But I also rarely have any achievement or trophy based aspirations. To me, I feel I have completed game when I feel satisfied by it. In other words, when I've had my fill of its gameplay and it's no longer stimulating or fun. This can be achieved through multiple playthroughs, conquering harder difficulties, or digging into multiplayer.

#14 Edited by Azteck (7447 posts) -

Always watch the credits. I don't feel like I've finished the game properly if I haven't.

#15 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8060 posts) -

When I've gotten all the achievements.

#16 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

Cheevos cheevos cheevos cheevos. Games with multiplayer achievements can fuck right off, though.

#17 Posted by mtcantor (922 posts) -

Credits. If I haven't gotten it by the time they roll, I am almost definitely not going to get it.

#18 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

I don't chase achievements and I have no desire to collect every little trinket hidden in a game. When the story is over, I am done. Roll credits.

#19 Posted by ShaggE (6006 posts) -

When I've stopped playing. Usually post-credits, but often beyond, and sometimes halfway through.

#20 Edited by RioStarwind (370 posts) -

Depends on the game and if it was fun enough to play though again. But for most games I play them till I see the credits.

#21 Edited by Akyho (1551 posts) -

Like other have said. Depends on the game, it just needs to tickle my brain in such away. MG Rising tickled it enough to complete it 4 times, 3 times in the one day.

While Far cry 3 I am pretty ready to pack it in and I just got the wingsuit. Going to complete the main story and then trade it in.

Fallout 3/Oblivion/Skyrim I do not consider complete despite finishing the main mission.

Sleeping dog I completed yet I dont feel its completed....I am not changing achievements around either.

#22 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2161 posts) -

Credits

#23 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2168 posts) -

Till the end credits, I don't care for collectibles or anything like that.

#24 Posted by Conzed92 (166 posts) -

Literally when every inch of that virtual soil has had my virtual boot stomping on it. OR, when every mutant/zombie has been shot in the face... Then I am done.

#25 Posted by nerdsbeware (223 posts) -

Until I feel I have gotten enough out of the game. May that be post-credits, mid-way through the game or after everything that can possibly be done, is done.

#26 Posted by D_Bones (362 posts) -

Umm cause I'm nuts I'll almost always go for the trophy completion, however, if I don't really like a game or am super bored of it i'll stop after getting 50% trophy completion. That's what I always go for unless the trophies are hard as shit. PLATINUMS BITCHES!!

#27 Edited by rentacop (107 posts) -

If it's a game I liked then completed game = Platinum. If I was indifferent or didn't like it then credits is good enough.

#28 Posted by Chibithor (574 posts) -

When I've done everything that doesn't feel like an extra optional thing. Smash Bros. Brawl had credits but you've hardly completed it by the time you see them. You're also probably not going to collect and unlock everything extra just to say you've completed it.

#29 Posted by Zebracal (74 posts) -

@hh said:

when i'm bored.

that very rarely coincides with the credits,

never with achievements.

Actually the same reason for me. I have played some games and never bothered finishing them.

#30 Edited by stryker1121 (1242 posts) -

I'll play until I'm not having fun, but I hate leaving games unfinished if I can help it. I at least have to see the credits roll. Cheevos forget it..I play lots of RPGs, open-world action adventures, etc, and there's too many esoteric trophies, MP trophies I'll never get, or ridiculous collectible hunts I'll never finish. I like achievements too. If I can finish a game's main story and get 65% of the trophies, I consider the game done and dusted.

#31 Posted by Tylea002 (2291 posts) -

WHEN I DIE

#32 Posted by DarthOrange (3499 posts) -

When I don't want to play anymore. Some games I have played through to the credits, gotten the platinum and continue to play. I stop when I am no longer having fun.

#33 Posted by MeganeAgain (123 posts) -

I'm generally inclined to stop playing after I hit the credits.

#34 Posted by NapTimeSleeper (327 posts) -

Generally when I see the credits roll. It differs for me depending on the game.

#35 Posted by Knochenkotzer (17 posts) -

I picked option #1 but it's actually kinda a mixture of that and me just feeling I can't get any more out of the game, be it due to the difficulty or a lack of further interest.

#36 Posted by PillClinton (3284 posts) -

It used to be B, but then I came to the realization that my time has more worth than that, so now it's A.

#37 Posted by Aete (29 posts) -

I lose interest in games once I finish the campaign.

#38 Edited by ReCkLeSs_X (423 posts) -

I like to collect all of the achievements/trophies that I don't have to go too far out of my way for. Usually this means skipping the max level and collectable ones, but any kinds of different story beats that I missed I'll certainly go back for.