When is Fallout 4 coming out?

• 66 results
tribescribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Is such a game even being developed? Has anyone from Bethesda given any teasers or hints? Cause Fallout 3 is easily the most epic game I have ever played (in fact every single Bethesda game except New Vegas was epic). It's driving me crazy, I need to know about Fallout 4.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 2

Eventually.

tribescribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eventually as in this year or this decade? It kinda makes a difference.

oodli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a word from Bethesda about anything Fallout ralated in the moment, maybe they will come out with something mid next gen like they did with fallout 3.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Fearbeard

A Tuesday

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

I would love to see someone other than Bethesda give the franchise a go. If CD Project Red made a Fallout game I can only begin to imagine how great it would be.

tribescribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

I would love to see someone other than Bethesda give the franchise a go. If CD Project Red made a Fallout game I can only begin to imagine how great it would be.

Bethesda are the best developers on the planet. No other company can give you the level of immersion and depth they do. It would be a shame if Fallout was made by anyone else.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zenmastah

Id wager the next Fallout will be only on next gen and PCs so 2015 earliest so theres enought ppl to buy it.

tribescribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tribescribe

2015????????

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tribescribe: The best we've gotten is that Bethesda's forums have had official questions in the last month asking about what people might want in a Fallout 4. So, while that isn't a confirmation of when or if it is coming out, it does at least hint at the fact that they may be getting underway with making it soon.

It's possible this is just the first in a run up to a real announcement.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt they just release a statement a few months ago that the whole team has moved on to the next title.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Didnt they just release a statement a few months ago that the whole team has moved on to the next title.

They did indeed say that they were putting most of their effort into a non-Fallout AAA title, but it's quite possible Fallout 4 is in the beginning stages. Still, that gets us no closer to any idea of a possible release date.

tribescribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@truthtellah: can you please post a link to these forum posts Bethesda is making? I need to see them.

JouselDelka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By JouselDelka
zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, it was a non-Fallout title...

If it isnt the main team thats possibly making it that could mean the next Fallout coulve been in developement for awhile now.

Hmm.

JasonLeeson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

First they have to design a next-gen engine. Then they have to make a game with this engine that they're not yet fully used to, thus increasing development time.

Add to that, expectations from Skyrim and next-gen open-world productions times and boy, it's going to be one hell of a wait.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tribescribe: the huge worlds don't make up for the robotic AI and lackluster writing. I'd like to play a Fallout game as good as the first two - with clever writing, interesting story and fun combat. Fallout 3 was just a shadow of what the originals were all about - but I can totally see how this watered down RPG experience that Bethesda delivers with their open world games is appealing to a much wider audience.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonleeson:

I doubt they will develope a new engine, they will just upgrade the Gamebryo once again.

Otleaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is already announced.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/inxile/wasteland-2

It probably won't be very good, but at least it will be better than fallout 3 and NV. Unfortunately that isn't saying much.

tribescribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonleeson: I thought game developers don't create the game engines themselves (except rare cases like valve)?

Otleaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonleeson: I thought game developers don't create the game engines themselves (except rare cases like valve)?

Not usually. If you do you run the risk of making a game like Planetside 2.

tribescribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zenmastah: They haven't renewed their Gamebryo license and they've indicated they're not using it anymore; so, I would guess they're going for something quite different. Especially if it's on next gen, which would require an engine quite different to really take advantage of the platforms.

@tribescribe: You're welcome. Sorry there isn't any real concrete information. Still very unknown.

tribescribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tribescribe

@humanity: Please elaborate? How is the AI robotic? And what do you find bad with the writing? I thought it was absolutely brilliant with all the dark humor they used, and the dialogue was Shakespearian compared with other video games. And where is the clever writing in the originals? Vault running out of water, go get water; bad mutants want to hurt us, go kill them. And what exactly is fun about combat in isometric view and turn based fighting that slows the game down to a crawl? I understand it brings you some nostalgia, but if any objective person who never played either game sat down and played them now he would clearly see Fallout 3 as being vastly superior in every aspect.

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Maybe within a few years I just hope the game is not glitchy. I liked Fallout: New Vegas more then skyrim, but the creepy glitches was ruining my experience with New Vegas.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

Bethesda are the best developers on the planet. No other company can give you the level of immersion and depth they do. It would be a shame if Fallout was made by anyone else.

This level of hyperbole struck a nerve with me. Did you really just say that they are the best developers on the planet? There open world games barely even fucking work and are riddled with bugs and glitches. On top of that, they are also kind of ugly as hell. I can't argue with you about how immersive something is, but I can argue the depth point. Just because you have a lot of content doesn't mean you have a deep world with rich lore. If having a lot of stuff happening in your universe was the only requirement to be deep then World of Warcraft would be the richest setting ever. Also, New Vegas was made by Obsidian, so someone else has already made a Fallout game.

Personally, I think The Witcher guys could probably do some really exciting stuff with the IP.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iburningstar: @humanity:

Guys, guys. Hold up. We don't need to make this into a discussion of the relative merits of Fallout or Bethesda. The question is answered.

"When is Fallout 4 coming out?" = "We have no idea. Sure seems like it'll come out eventually."

Thread done.

tribescribe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iburningstar: Bugs and glitches are unavoidable when making such a huge RPG where every player action and choice can affect what happens in other distant places. If it was a linear FPS of course it would be bug free, but it isn't. And about the world being ugly as hell, what do you expect a post-apocalyptic wasteland to look like? It's supposed to give you a feel of devastation, which it did excellently. As for depth, what exactly did you find missing in the game?

IBurningStar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tribescribe:

Bug and glitches, unavoidable? Nope. Witcher 2 and other large games have proved this wrong.

When I say Bethesda games are ugly, I don't mean just Fallout. I'm also talking about how they appear from a technical stand point. There are larger games like Just Cause 2 that prove that just because you have big map, doesn't mean it is cool to make it look that poor.

I'm also not saying that their worlds lack any depth. But to say that they are the deepest and richest is to me an absolutely absurd claim. Finally, @truthtellah is right, your question was answered, the thread is over.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By zenmastah

@iburningstar:

To be fair, Witcher 2 is linear as fuck compared to Bethesda games.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

Personally, I'm much more excited for the sequel to Fallout 4 made by Obsidian with much-improved quests and characters that aren't terribly boring.

aspaceinvader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Late 2014 or 2015 probably.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

15/15/15

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

All this thread served to do was remind me how I got banned from their official forums for having "chav" in my name. Man, that was when I was really into Brink as well. Thanks Bethesda, for saving me from that pile of shit.

Otleaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Otleaz

@iburningstar: Bugs and glitches are unavoidable when making such a huge RPG where every player action and choice can affect what happens in other distant places. If it was a linear FPS of course it would be bug free, but it isn't. And about the world being ugly as hell, what do you expect a post-apocalyptic wasteland to look like? It's supposed to give you a feel of devastation, which it did excellently. As for depth, what exactly did you find missing in the game?

If you think the bethesda games are good because "every player action and choice can affect what happens in other distant places" then your head would probably explode if you played fallout one and two. They take a dump on any current Bethesda release, and that is probably why fallout 3 got so much hate. Everything about the current Bethesda releases can be described with one word, 'gimmicky'. The combat, the puzzles, the crafting, the character progression, traits, the world, and the character interaction. It is amazing how so many things can be described with that one word.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Well they have to change the whole setting to Japan for this one so they can call it Fourout, so don't expect it any time soon.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Humanity

@jimbo said:

Well they have to change the whole setting to Japan for this one so they can call it Fourout, so don't expect it any time soon.

In Japan instead of miles underground the vaults were built miles above ground on huge platforms and instead of an irradiated wasteland you traverse through beautifully lush biomes suspended ABOVE irradiated wastelands. Also everyone carries chainsaw-katanas and loves anime.

EvilNiGHTS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Tomorrow. Hope you pre-ordered.

LackingSaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

November 23rd. My uncle works at Bethesda and he told me, and also there will be a Mewthree in it.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fall of 2014 I would presume, early 2015 at the very latest.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@humanity: Please elaborate? How is the AI robotic? And what do you find bad with the writing? I thought it was absolutely brilliant with all the dark humor they used, and the dialogue was Shakespearian compared with other video games. And where is the clever writing in the originals? Vault running out of water, go get water; bad mutants want to hurt us, go kill them. And what exactly is fun about combat in isometric view and turn based fighting that slows the game down to a crawl? I understand it brings you some nostalgia, but if any objective person who never played either game sat down and played them now he would clearly see Fallout 3 as being vastly superior in every aspect.

No. The original games have clearly aged and some aspects of them can be difficult for modern gamers to look past, but anyone who is *objectively* looking at them both fairly should be able to look past those flaws and see how the core gameplay, structure and writing was far better in those games.

Not that I hate Fallout 3 or anything, but it wasn't as good as the originals or even New Vegas and there are certainly much deeper, more immersive and better written games out there.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes. Kinda like most people on the internet can be described with one word. Idiot.

Bethesda games are fantastic, and the guys complaining about the new direction of Fallout has the right to do so, but there's just no way around the fact that Fallout 3 is a fantastic game, and the same goes for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Soon™

Otleaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_ said:

Yes. Kinda like most people on the internet can be described with one word. Idiot.

Bethesda games are fantastic, and the guys complaining about the new direction of Fallout has the right to do so, but there's just no way around the fact that Fallout 3 is a fantastic game, and the same goes for Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim.

It isn't a new direction, it is pretty much the same direction with less depth and a more modern combat system.

Avatar image for alwaysbebombing
alwaysbebombing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@otleaz said:

@legion_ said:

It isn't a new direction, it is pretty much the same direction with less depth and a more modern combat system.

I wouldn't call it modern as I associate the term modern with innovative and engaging rather than simplistic mashing out of one attack with a keen eye on the stamina bar.

Like I said, that style is appealing to a wider audience because it is largely simplistic in design and if you like that sort of game, as obviously tons of people do since Fallout 3 is a very popular game, then good on you but it's not some epitome of RPG evolution. But I'm rooting for Bethesda - hopefully their next Fallout game will have the same size and scope of previous titles but they'll finally populate their sprawling landmass with interesting characters, great dialog, less fetch quests and an overarching plot that you can really care about. I don't think I've ever shrugged more with complete indifference after completing an RPG's main quest than after completing Skyrim.

crcruz3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@otleaz said:

@tribescribe said:

If you think the bethesda games are good because "every player action and choice can affect what happens in other distant places" then your head would probably explode if you played fallout one and two. They take a dump on any current Bethesda release, and that is probably why fallout 3 got so much hate. Everything about the current Bethesda releases can be described with one word, 'gimmicky'. The combat, the puzzles, the crafting, the character progression, traits, the world, and the character interaction. It is amazing how so many things can be described with that one word.

You are so mean. I love all Fallout games: 1, 2, Tactics, 3 and New Vegas. I know that Fallout 3 is ugly and glitchy, however exploring the world is pure joy for me.

Avatar image for deathstriker666
deathstriker666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By deathstriker666

New Vegas was garbage, I can't understand how anyone enjoys it over F3. Where to start? Hmm, lets see. Oh yes, I hate the new VO for the robots, I hate how stupid the Neo-Romans act and look, I hate how all the NCR troops wear long clothes in the middle of the desert, I hate how small the World is, I hate how boring and one-dimensional characters are, I hate the shitty country music, I hate how out-of-place the imported assets from Fallout 3 look, I hate how uninterested half the VO talent sounds, and a bunch of other little things that completely break immersion and pull me out of the game.

Loved Alpha Protocol though.