Avatar image for siroptimusprime
SirOptimusPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By SirOptimusPrime

@oldguy: I work from home, and only part-time for a school work study, so even when I am working it's mostly spent tabbing between emails and whatever nonsense is up on GB that day. I imagine there's a lot of high schoolers and early college kids with not a whole helluva lot on their hands.

Dew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, we have our first piece of premium content from GBNY coming tomorrow, on the same day we are getting their first quick look.

It's going to be alright guys. Everything is gonna be just fine.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By wjb

I like how three different pieces of content have been added to the Coming Soon since this thread started.

IT MUST'VE WORKED, GUYS!

pirateogta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I'm not so much concerned with the volume of content than I am with the variety. At the moment it seems like pretty much all video content falls into either the Quick Look category or a multi-hour lifestream in the vein of UPF. I hope that now they have a couple more bodies, they can get back to doing some of the weirder stuff like GB Unplugged. This is slightly tangental, but I also kind of wish the SF office was better about bringing on guests. One of the reasons why I love the morning show so much is that it's a really good way to see different faces on the site, and it's always great when people like Drake and Muir show up on a stream. I think more of that would go a long way towards freshening up features like UPF.

I agree. I would really like to see more variety and more random, spur-of-the-moment type videos. Stuff like this:

Loading Video...

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By ViciousReiven

@oldguy said:

I do have one question... how do you people find the time to watch everything that is currently posted?

No, really, I'm serious. I've got a job, food has to happen, laundry needs doing, yardwork, cleaning, sleep, baseball (okay, maybe that's it, but, even then I watch quicklooks on one screen and have my team on the other), games must be played. Hell, I don't have kids and I still don't always get thru everything that's posted most weeks.

I think a lot of the problem is we don't, sure there's content but I don't like everything (or most things really), I don't watch half the quicklooks because I may not be interested in the game itself, or I don't like hearing the duders talk over a game that they clearly arn't going to enjoy playing because it's just depressing.

I don't have premium because the only premium feature I'm interested in that is on any sort of regular schedule is UPF, I don't care about Patrick's horror game stuff or Jar Time with Jeff, random PC game has been turned into a shell of itself as a UPF segment, and other things like Breaking Brad and Load Our Last ____ are irregular and a subscription could easily lapse before you see another one.

It doesn't help that I found the site because of the P4 ER and saw two really fucking funny guys talk over a game they enjoyed on a daily basis and became super disappointed when it wasn't a regular thing anymore.

It's kind of why I moved on to become a pretty big Game Informer fan, they have a level of enthusiasm for games that I think has been missing from GB for a long ass time, and do regular content I actually enjoy.

I'm really just hoping that now they have Dan and Jason that some shit will get worked out so they have enough man power to do their regular thing and new ERs.

Kingpk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106  Edited By Kingpk

This thread proves to me that they can't possibly satisfy everyone. "We want more videos!" "Ok, here's four hours of us playing old games!" "Boo I hate retro shit!" "Ok, here's a weekly show where we just play whatever comes to mind!" "Boo, that's boring!" "Well we now have a second studio across the country to have the ability to do more videos!" "Boo, that's just because that guy hated San Fransisco!"

I've been watching some old Super Replays/Replays with Dan. I think we'll be OK here. Plus, now four parts of the Powerbombcast are in the same building/company so I can look forward to Dan not on a crappy phone.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousreiven said:

I'm really just hoping that now they have Dan and Jason that some shit will get worked out so they have enough man power to do their regular thing and new ERs.

Jeff has made it known that the reason he hates Endurance Runs are because they totally fuck up the schedule when someone has to be out of the office, because it means you have to pre-record a bunch of episodes. I honestly don't think you'll ever see Jeff on an Endurance Run ever again.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I see alot of people throwing out the usual "If you don't like it, LEAVE" cliched response. The community is as much a part of the website as the staff who creates the content is. If somethings wrong people have not just the right, but the responsibility to speak out about it.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

I see alot of people throwing out the usual "If you don't like it, LEAVE" cliched response.

Yea, it's rather worrying that this has become part of the site's culture. I've been thinking a lot about it, lately, and I am slowly growing disillusioned.

Avatar image for equitasinvictus
EquitasInvictus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I've been thinking a lot about it, lately, and I am slowly growing disillusioned.

No...

Moon people aren't allowed to get disillusioned, it's just not right!

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clonedzero said:

@billymagnum said:

another one of these threads. patience people.

Its a troubling sign when threads about lack of content is a recurring theme on the forums. That's a bad thing, a very bad thing. Telling people to be patient is not helping either.

then what exactly does help? how have you helped?

@billymagnum said:

another one of these threads. patience people.

Its a troubling sign when threads about lack of content is a recurring theme on the forums. That's a bad thing, a very bad thing. Telling people to be patient is not helping either.

no thats just you assuming what im thinking. nice try though. you are quick to anger i guess.

who dismissed anyone? it was a simple observation and you, like seemingly everyone these days on the internet, took it instantly negatively so you could fire back for no reason. sorry i didnt feel like writing a paragraph so i wouldnt set off your defense mechanism.

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wjb: if you want to interact with the GB crew through a forum you have to go to the giant bomb thread on neogaf :/

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wjb: if you want to interact with the GB crew through a forum you have to go to the giant bomb thread on neogaf :/

Ha. Yeah....

I'm okay with them not appearing on the forums. They have their reasons, I'm sure, but there needs to be something like a Tumblr-style Q&A/Site Updates section on the site for everyone to go to for public interaction with the staff. Finding shit out on Tumblr, Twitter, or Jeff's premium videos is a terrible way of informing members. Really terrible.

ViciousReiven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ViciousReiven

@viciousreiven said:

Jeff has made it known that the reason he hates Endurance Runs are because they totally fuck up the schedule when someone has to be out of the office, because it means you have to pre-record a bunch of episodes. I honestly don't think you'll ever see Jeff on an Endurance Run ever again.

That's totally a bullshit excuse, there are many ways to fix scheduling problems.

The way I see it Jeff just doesn't enjoy it anymore, which is fine since we have other people who do.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@bigboss1911 said:

I see alot of people throwing out the usual "If you don't like it, LEAVE" cliched response.

Yea, it's rather worrying that this has become part of the site's culture. I've been thinking a lot about it, lately, and I am slowly growing disillusioned.

Again, as I already explained, I said that "cliched response" as an honest suggestion to someone not speaking out about a problem, not asking for creative solutions, but someone throwing out a blanket ignorant complaint whilst preemptively silencing any opposing views.

I too long for the days of Random PC Game and all of that great unique stuff that has severely dwindled this past year. I think this community should have threads that help us come up with cool, feasible content ideas that the GB staff may indeed get something from. But the way the OP set the tone here is the antithesis of productive.

I'd never say, "If you don't like it, leave.", it's crucial to be able to voice concerns and have them heard. But constructively airing a grievance and asking for solutions is a far cry from how this thread started off.

buffaloseven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#116  Edited By buffaloseven

@rorie: We need more puppy streams rorie.

I want a stream that's just a split screen of Rorie playing Tokyo Jungle with a slideshow of all his doggie pictures on the other side.

TruthTellah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks like the content is coming tomorrow. Go figure.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By wjb

@president_barackbar said:
@viciousreiven said:

That's totally a bullshit excuse, there are many ways to fix scheduling problems.

The way I see it Jeff just doesn't enjoy it anymore, which is fine since we have other people who do.

I suppose it depends on the game, but it took 7 months for the Persona 4 ER (February to September). If they were to do another EP, recording during the week of GDC is probably off. So is PAX and PAX East. E3 is definitely out. There's holidays, vacations, and sick/personal days to consider, too. That's not even counting when one or more people go out of town to look at upcoming titles in LA or Vegas or Seattle for up to a week.

Maybe they can rearrange schedules, sure, but can they even dedicate spending 3-4 hours of a workday at the CBSi offices to play one game? They probably could have had more freedom in Sausalito when they wasn't meetings every other hour.

And GB peaked at the beginning. Nothing will ever be as good as the P4 ER. Ryan and Patrick fed the masses by playing Chrono Trigger and that didn't go well at all to a lot of people. Sure, it shouldn't mean they should stop considering it, but what game out there is as bonkers to commentate on as Persona or even Deadly Premonition?

iceman228433

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By iceman228433

They keep saying any day now but who knows. Also with out Vinny I can't stand these quick looks they are just so boring now.

TheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By TheBlue

@kingpk said:

This thread proves to me that they can't possibly satisfy everyone. "We want more videos!" "Ok, here's four hours of us playing old games!" "Boo I hate retro shit!" "Ok, here's a weekly show where we just play whatever comes to mind!" "Boo, that's boring!" "Well we now have a second studio across the country to have the ability to do more videos!" "Boo, that's just because that guy hated San Fransisco!

Well, the thing with that is everything you described has that traditional lack of structure. I think what people are really clamoring for is consistency and regular shows. Sure we have UPF every week, but most of the time the show consists of Drew playing a simulator, Jeff playing a fighting or racing game, and Brad pulling up something he just downloaded off of Steam just for the show. That gets a bit stale after a while.

Sure, a random stream of retro games is nice or perhaps not everyone's cup of tea, but we're treated to these maybe once or twice a month without really knowing when they are going to be? That's why more regular features like Load our Last Souls or Breaking Brad are more popular, but even then, how often did they take a week off or sometimes more? As a subscriber it's sometimes a little frustrating not knowing how much you'll actually be using that premium membership, if at all, in a span of any given month.

That being said, the days of the "We're severely understaffed" woes are starting to be behind us and we were promised that content would be more plentiful after some new hires. I for one am optimistic that they'll keep good on that.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldguy said:

I do have one question... how do you people find the time to watch everything that is currently posted?

No, really, I'm serious. I've got a job, food has to happen, laundry needs doing, yardwork, cleaning, sleep, baseball (okay, maybe that's it, but, even then I watch quicklooks on one screen and have my team on the other), games must be played. Hell, I don't have kids and I still don't always get thru everything that's posted most weeks.

You assume everything thats posted is good content. I'm a subscriber and i honestly can't tell you the last time i watched an entire UPF. I dont bother to watch them live cus thats a massive waste of MY time. I'll skip about when the archive is posted to find anything remotely interesting, so ill generally watch maybe 20 minutes of any UPF since most of it isn't worth watching anyways.

Most quicklooks, well if its a game im not interested in then i'm not that interested in watching it. Then again sometimes it looks like it might be a funny quicklook so i might give it a shot then. Again, often times if it doesnt seem worth my time i wont watch the thing.

My complaint is quality, not quantity. Mostly my complaint is with unprofessional fridays. It sucks. Sure it might have the occasional moment of hilarity and brilliance, but mostly its a boring slog of garbage. I should not have to sit through 2 and a half hours of boring to get 20 minutes (and thats being generous) of amusement. Thats not an insult to the staff, UPF is just not a good format for a show anymore. It comes off as "shrug i dunno i guess ill play this stupid thing on UPF this week, whatever"

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love Giant Bomb West livestreams to start just a little bit earlier, and just a little bit more on time (I know it's the cool [and really funny and totes rando lol] Giant Bomb thing to start late and finish up late, but goddamn I think it's been slowly killing me over the years).

Also.

TNT.

#content

Coming up on Giant Bomb...

• Unfinished: Action Henk 07/08/2014 VIDEO ON JUL 09, 2014 02:00 PM

• Vinny Bought Bot Colony. Now What? (Premium) LIVE SHOW ON JUL 09, 2014 05:00 PM

• Quick Look: Astebreed VIDEO ON JUL 09, 2014 05:00 PM

• Quick Look: Monsters Ate My Birthday Cake VIDEO ON JUL 10, 2014 05:00 PM

• Jars - 07/10/2014 VIDEO ON JUL 10, 2014 08:00 PM

MetalBaofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

they seem to think that people are happy with a single live stream a week.

Personally, I kinda am fine with that. I pay 5 bucks a month and get a 2-3 hour long stream every week. Of course, I like the other stuff when it pops up(VinnyVania most recently). I understand other people might not feel the same as I do, and I definitely wouldn't turn down the idea of more content. I've just never been bothered by the feeling of there being a lack of content.

KaneRobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 9

#124  Edited By KaneRobot

@thelegendofmart said:

Don't make me laugh, Giantbomb East was created because Vinny was moving whether he stayed at GB or not, it is unclear what kind of content they are going to put out.

It's actually not unclear at all, if you have any familiarity with Vinny/Alex/this website.

Christ people are impatient. As said earlier, it's obvious steps are being taken to create a higher volume of content. shit is not gonna happen overnight.

Vuud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would really like to see TNT return (or some similar free regular stream). That's what made me a regular visitor of the site and eventually a subscriber (the only website I have subscribed to with real money btw).

But relax, Dan hasn't even been here a week yet I'm sure he's got ideas. Ideally they should have hired like 4 people instead of 2 but they go with what they can afford and Giant Bomb is still a small website.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

@wjb said:

@viciousreiven said:

@viciousreiven said:

I suppose it depends on the game, but it took 7 months for the Persona 4 ER (February to September). If they were to do another EP, recording during the week of GDC is probably off. So is PAX and PAX East. E3 is definitely out. There's holidays, vacations, and sick/personal days to consider, too. That's not even counting when one or more people go out of town to look at upcoming titles in LA or Vegas or Seattle for up to a week.

Maybe they can rearrange schedules, sure, but can they even dedicate spending 3-4 hours of a workday at the CBSi offices to play one game? They probably could have had more freedom in Sausalito when they wasn't meetings every other hour.

And GB peaked at the beginning. Nothing will ever be as good as the P4 ER. Ryan and Patrick fed the masses by playing Chrono Trigger and that didn't go well at all to a lot of people. Sure, it shouldn't mean they should stop considering it, but what game out there is as bonkers to commentate on as Persona or even Deadly Premonition?

Is there a rule about Endurance Runs needing to be super long or obscure? At the end of the day they are just a "Let's Play" by a different name. I wouldn't mind seeing them commentate over something like Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy that wouldn't take a crazy amount of time to complete.

cyberfunk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By cyberfunk
Loading Video...

Krevee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#128  Edited By Krevee

I wish they did some more Giant Bomb Unplugged! Though Vinny would definitely be missed on those videos, but I really enjoyed them.

Also I agree with the sentiment of more "Rorie's Puppy Chat".

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#129  Edited By hollitz

@bigboss1911 said:

I do seem to recall both Jeff and Patrick saying something along the lines of "if you don't like it, leave." Jeff on a podcast and Patrick on a Q & A vid. In both instances it struck me as needlessly defensive.

Criticism is a weird thing, because you obviously can't listen to all of it. Sometimes, people just have junk critiques. But if you don't listen to any of it--and this is in any artistic endeavor--you get stagnant.

spyder335

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By spyder335

@thelegendofmart: honestly a bit more content would be awesome, but I feel I get my moneys worth $50 for usually over 5 hrs of content a week

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My complaint is quality, not quantity. Mostly my complaint is with unprofessional fridays. It sucks. Sure it might have the occasional moment of hilarity and brilliance, but mostly its a boring slog of garbage. I should not have to sit through 2 and a half hours of boring to get 20 minutes (and thats being generous) of amusement. Thats not an insult to the staff, UPF is just not a good format for a show anymore. It comes off as "shrug i dunno i guess ill play this stupid thing on UPF this week, whatever"

but thats the whole point of the segment. end of the week/unprofessional/off the cuff. whatever is right and thats how its always been.

im still a big fan of it and though yes it can be uneventful at some points, i dont watch it expecting 2 and a half hours of solid entertainment. i never have because it was never supposed to be.

Christ people are impatient. As said earlier, it's obvious steps are being taken to create a higher volume of content. shit is not gonna happen overnight.

agreed. so much has happened and so much is currently happening. some people claim they understand that but all i hear is these anxious and entitled sounding rants. if people are truly truly upset about what they are getting right now for their money, i suggest trying to get a refund or talking to customer service or anything rather than having this kind of thread pop up over and over because it does not do any good. it just turns into a "i want more endurance runs" or "they should do this" and "i dont like this" and "i dont like that" blah blah blah. i will not affect when or what GB produces. much like a hangover, time is the only solution and that really pisses some people off.

i have faith in my GB crew and I will continue to support their efforts without a doubt. i wish i didnt feel like this community was getting so damn negative lately.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@rorie said:

"If you don't like it, don't pay for it" are not helpful comments in a thread like this. We value the feedback that people give us, so please don't try to dismiss people when they offer it.

This week has a bunch of content coming up and hopefully we'll be able to share more Premium features sometime soon. Things ebb and flow, but I have a feeling the flow is going to be starting up relatively soon.

Thanks for update Rorie. I try not to get involved in threads like this, but I do feel like the regularity with which they pop up nowadays might mean they should be taken a bit more seriously. Hopefully with Dan and Jason things can improve (and maybe when Vinny and Alex finally get equipment).

Avatar image for thelegendofmart
TheLegendOfMart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People seem to be mixing up free and subscriber content. I am not complaining about the lack of Quicklooks, there is a right amount of them considering I only watch the ones I am interested in, besides you can't quicklook something that isn't available.

I am talking about premium streams, when the summer drought is here and there aren't many Quicklooks about why isn't there more subscriber content.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@viciousreiven said:

I honestly believe that's a terrible excuse. What schedule? I mean, they obviously have one, but they're not pumping out content, which is the sole purpose of this site. Instead of having a schedule that doesn't serve the audience, how about changing that?

cloudnineboya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Is there a rule about Endurance Runs needing to be super long or obscure? At the end of the day they are just a "Let's Play" by a different name. I wouldn't mind seeing them commentate over something like Heavy Rain or Indigo Prophecy that wouldn't take a crazy amount of time to complete.

I suppose not, but I was merely making an example as to why people shouldn't be so dismissive about something they don't entirely know. It's okay to be frustrated, because I've been frustrated sometimes too, but some of the criticism here isn't criticism, it's just complaining while assuming the worst about the staff.

But I do believe ERs have to be long to some extent, right? Finishing a game that's under 10 hours isn't exactly an enduring experience. I'm clearly being pedantic, but I assume that was the original point?

That being said, I would love another ER/Let's Play, maybe with Dan/Jeff, Alex/Vinny, or shit, Patrick/Dave Lang, if it's possible, but it's got to be the right game. Dan's wonderment with the Hello Kitty game last Friday gives me hope. I'm glad he's here, and I can't wait to see what he does.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm poking my head back in here just to mention that there has been an incredible amount of content this week.

Fuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanerobot said:

agreed. so much has happened and so much is currently happening. some people claim they understand that but all i hear is these anxious and entitled sounding rants. if people are truly truly upset about what they are getting right now for their money, i suggest trying to get a refund or talking to customer service or anything rather than having this kind of thread pop up over and over because it does not do any good. it just turns into a "i want more endurance runs" or "they should do this" and "i dont like this" and "i dont like that" blah blah blah. i will not affect when or what GB produces. much like a hangover, time is the only solution and that really pisses some people off.

i have faith in my GB crew and I will continue to support their efforts without a doubt. i wish i didnt feel like this community was getting so damn negative lately.

I love what GiantBomb West, Central and East produce; I'm a happy yearly subscriber and, for the foreseeable future, I will be. However, this response irks me a little. I totally agree that threads on subject matters like this can devolve into mindless "GIMME MORE FUCKING FUNNIES!", however that can (and does) happen with any discussion; the key is separating the real criticism from the bullshit. Immediately telling someone to go to Customer Service, retract their subscription and fuck off into the sunset until they do things you like is not the best option at all. When your paid subscribers are truly concerned with the possible stagnation of the quality and/or the quantity, it's not negativity when they voice that concern - they're paying customers, they have a right to a voice (no matter how idiotic or eloquent). I agree that time is the best option, but only when you have money; when you don't have money, you don't have time.

rorie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

@fuzz said:

@billymagnum said:
@kanerobot said:

I love what GiantBomb West, Central and East produce; I'm a happy yearly subscriber and, for the foreseeable future, I will be. However, this response irks me a little. I totally agree that threads on subject matters like this can devolve into mindless "GIMME MORE FUCKING FUNNIES!", however that can (and does) happen with any discussion; the key is separating the real criticism from the bullshit. Immediately telling someone to go to Customer Service, retract their subscription and fuck off into the sunset until they do things you like is not the best option at all. When your paid subscribers are truly concerned with the possible stagnation of the quality and/or the quantity, it's not negativity when they voice that concern - they're paying customers, they have a right to a voice (no matter how idiotic or eloquent). I agree that time is the best option, but only when you have money; when you don't have money, you don't have time.

Those kind of responses irk me as well. As I said above, we really do value criticism like this. "If you don't like it, don't pay for it" is the kind of response to that criticism that I personally don't like to see, not just because some people undoubtedly will cancel their subscriptions if they feel like they're not being taken seriously, but also because those kind of responses seem dismissive, which is something the mods and I have been keeping a closer eye on lately.

I appreciate everyone's passion for the site, but please don't turn that into "go get a refund then." That's not helpful for us. (And at any rate we don't offer refunds unless someone has been double-billed or renewed by mistake.)

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Jason and Dan, and now Alex and Vinny, are just getting used to the new offices. So, I wouldn't worry about it.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There is an incredible amount of content this week!

...and I'd like to add to it. Yesterday's One Piece Quick Look made me dig up this old gem I haven't heard in 24 years.

Loading Video...

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I don't know about anyone else, but I can easily identify a lousy $5 a month to one show per week. I don't know what people expect anymore. The rise of YouTube and other media sources has really spoiled people into constantly raising the bar for what they spend.

That's not to say that I wish Giantbomb pushed out more content, but I also can't find myself standing atop a soapbox, ushering out demands that people aren't adequately providing me with enough content each and every day.

datarez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I love the site, subscribe, will keep subscribing and do want to see more content. I notice there is a lack of focused content and how to find that content when it's there. I put this in the survey a little while back, but when there are features like the Souls runs or the DMC run they should be easily watchable as a show. Right now it's really difficult, if not impossible, to go back and watch them in order from of the list of all videos without a browser add-on. (Which I'd rather the site do, since I don't run Chrome as my primary browser.)

Also, on the UPFs they feature a lot of games. I wish the games were tagged in the show notes to the wiki. The wiki has been a bit forgotten. If I stumble across a game in the wiki it'd be cool watch video on it. I've seen the staff reference wikipedia when looking up a game so much more than their own wiki.

QLs are entertaining, but almost the filler for me to the good dumb stuff the site is best at. The produced video content the site (when they do it) is super good. I hope GB can get to do more of that. @dannyodwyer and Andy are raising the bar with what they're doing on that front over at Gamespot and I hope GB can do that too.

Props to @patrickklepek for keeping original text and video content flowing on GB.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Corevi
@datarez said:

Also, on the UPFs they feature a lot of games. I wish the games were tagged in the show notes to the wiki. The wiki has been a bit forgotten. If I stumble across a game in the wiki it'd be cool watch video on it. I've seen the staff reference wikipedia when looking up a game so much more than their own wiki.]

I wish this was the case but currently a video can only be attached to one wiki page and it would require an overhaul on how that stuff works to change that.

Avatar image for president_barackbar
President_Barackbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@baillie said:

@viciousreiven said:

I honestly believe that's a terrible excuse. What schedule? I mean, they obviously have one, but they're not pumping out content, which is the sole purpose of this site. Instead of having a schedule that doesn't serve the audience, how about changing that?

No, you misunderstand. Jeff was saying being out of office messes up the Endurance Run schedule because an ER is supposed to be one episode every day. So if one of the members has to be out of the office, they have to pre-record for the days they are going to be gone.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@athadam said:

@jimmyfenix said:

If you are not happy do not subscribe simple.

If you do not think you are getting enough content with the price you are paying don't resubscribe.

Or he can voice his concern so that the community can discuss these issues and suggest new forms of content?

Thank god someone said it. So sick of these 'either bow down or leave the party' people. We should be able to discuss the issue. Different opinions matter, even especially if you don't agree with them.

Avatar image for tavistavistavis
tavistavistavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By tavistavistavis

I love gb because I like the personalities so of course as a subscriber I would love more premium content. I do fall asleep every night with upf on, so that alone is worth my money, but I wouldnt mind another show or two a week. I really do miss TNT, I wish that could make a comeback, it was always so fun.

Puppy chat would work too.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@fuzz said:

@billymagnum said:
@kanerobot said:

Those kind of responses irk me as well. As I said above, we really do value criticism like this. "If you don't like it, don't pay for it" is the kind of response to that criticism that I personally don't like to see, not just because some people undoubtedly will cancel their subscriptions if they feel like they're not being taken seriously, but also because those kind of responses seem dismissive, which is something the mods and I have been keeping a closer eye on lately.

I appreciate everyone's passion for the site, but please don't turn that into "go get a refund then." That's not helpful for us. (And at any rate we don't offer refunds unless someone has been double-billed or renewed by mistake.)

suggesting other options for unhappy subscribers is not the same as telling them to "fuck off into the sunset" and i dont understand how someone can interpret anything ive written as such. that is quite a stretch.

i dont see these people or their concerns as negative, its how the threads turn out. thats just my opinion. it may not be good for GB if someone tells these people to get a refund, ok i get that, but i dont see how threads like these are good for GB either. it looks bad to the casual passer by. its compounded by the fact that threads are super dismissive lately. its more like a large part of us try to be as unhelpful and sarcastic as possible. everything is read as negatively as humanly possible and misconstrued. just my opinion.

and its really hard to know GB's stance on these issues until they actually respond so thanks for setting it straight Rorie. maybe sticky something for these ongoing concerns?

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@billymagnum: I don't see how these threads look bad to the random passer by. There will always be people who are unhappy about something. These threads has been happening for literally the entire lifespan of the site. Remember when people bitched and bitched about Ryan not playing any games? I do. Or all the "what do they DO all day" threads? Yeah, those have been going up since day 1 too. And of course GB don't have to respond to these threads directly, they rarely do. To sticky a "let's bitch about the site" thread would also be pretty insane. People can vent their frustrations in these threads, and that's good.

I'm happy with the output these last few weeks. Could do with another Premium show, but I'm sure that'll come. People who have looked at Danny's videos over at GS and said that GB need to up their game when it comes to production values need a bit of a reality check though. You have to take into account that GS probably have about six-seven times as many people on staff. Highly produced videos like the travelouge videos takes up an insane amount of time and will cut back on regular video content. If that's a sacrifice you're willing tp make, fine, but it's a bit of an either/or situation.

Fuzz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rorie said:

@fuzz said:

@billymagnum said:
@kanerobot said:

suggesting other options for unhappy subscribers is not the same as telling them to "fuck off into the sunset" and i dont understand how someone can interpret anything ive written as such. that is quite a stretch.

i dont see these people or their concerns as negative, its how the threads turn out. thats just my opinion. it may not be good for GB if someone tells these people to get a refund, ok i get that, but i dont see how threads like these are good for GB either. it looks bad to the casual passer by. its compounded by the fact that threads are super dismissive lately. its more like a large part of us try to be as unhelpful and sarcastic as possible. everything is read as negatively as humanly possible and misconstrued. just my opinion.

and its really hard to know GB's stance on these issues until they actually respond so thanks for setting it straight Rorie. maybe sticky something for these ongoing concerns?

There is a difference between suggesting alternatives and outright dismissal, yes. However, in this case, any sort of refund or loss of viewership would be tantamount to dismissal. "You don't enjoy our attitude or the amount of videos? Go somewhere else," that attitude is harmful to both GiantBomb and the community which remains - GiantBomb's subscription numbers have the possibility of decreasing due to dated content, and the community that remains would more than likely be sycophantic as fuck. I exaggerate for effect, but the idea remains the same; when you tell a member that because he's unhappy with the current quality or quantity of work that he should find another avenue of entertainment, it's dismissive. With Jeff's recent editorial, the exclusion of those who think differently is clearly not the route he wants GiantBomb or its community to take.