#1 Edited by Sweep (8869 posts) -

I see a lot of people ticking that little "Allow this post to be an answerable question" box when creating new threads, regardless of what their thread is about. Some of you may be wondering; When should I make a thread an answerable question?

#2 Edited by Sweep (8869 posts) -

The whole point of that box is that the thread-creator can pick the most helpful reply. If you aren't posing a question in your thread then you don't need to tick the box.

Obviously.

This ain't the sea serpent anymore, folks. For future reference; If you make a thread a question but pose no question in the thread then that thread may be subject either to editing or removal.

X

#4 Edited by Bollard (5598 posts) -

Just curious, can you remove the "question" tag from a thread? Or is that unchangeable? Oh and here's something I hadn't thought about, are thread titles editable now?

#5 Posted by Sweep (8869 posts) -

Just curious, can you remove the "question" tag from a thread? Or is that unchangeable? Oh and here's something I hadn't thought about, are thread titles editable now?

Yes and yes. But if we suspect people are deliberately just sticking Question tags on their threads for the hell of it then we'll just delete them

#6 Posted by Rowr (5710 posts) -

How do i dispute the best answer?

Clearly my suggestion of roasting a turkey dog on a turtles back in the African desert is a better answer.

#7 Edited by Sweep (8869 posts) -

@rowr: Yeah but that's your answer for everything.

#8 Edited by Rowr (5710 posts) -

@sweep

said:

@rowr: Yeah but that's your answer for everything.

Not true, i occasionally suggest dropping live squid from small airplanes over cities to spread panic over global warming.

Take that Obama!

#9 Posted by Bollard (5598 posts) -

@sweep: That's awesome! Do we also have the power to edit titles, or is that a mod thing?

#10 Edited by Sweep (8869 posts) -