• 98 results
#2 Edited by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

I wasn't bummed out by Mass Effect 3. A lot of that game was great. So probably that game.

#3 Posted by SleepyDoughnut (1194 posts) -

I remember excitedly buying SSX last year, only to learn later not only is there no split screen multiplayer, there's not even head to head online multiplayer. It was all asynchronous. That was really disappointing. Obviously Mass Effect 3 was disappointing. My roommate bought NCAA Football 13 last year, which was surprisingly glitchy and just not that good, really.

I've been wary ever since, and it seems that wariness has been justified with Dead Space 3 and The Sims most recently. Most of EA's games these days feel soulless, and it really doesn't make me feel good. So I ask you, what was the last EA game you played where you were like "Yeah, all right!"? I hear the NHL and FIFA franchises are good, but I've even heard people complain about those as well.

I don't know, EA has become a punching bag of late, but I feel it's pretty justified.

Edit: I kind of want to delete this topic. Right after I posted it I regretted it since I felt like it wouldn't really go anywhere, but I don't know how to delete a thread, so I accidentally deleted my main post, and I reposted it and now it's second and I look silly.

#4 Edited by laserbolts (5310 posts) -

Before I knew about online passes I went to play one of the NHL games my roomate owned. I want to say NHL 11. Anyways I was pretty bummed out when it asked me to pay 10 bucks or whatever it was to play online. Still hate online passes fuck that shit.

#5 Posted by RE_Player1 (7545 posts) -

Looking at my shelf I'd say Dead Space 2. Any game I own of EA after that release was either "ok" or "what a disappointment".

#6 Edited by tourgen (4427 posts) -

Their MMA game and of course Mass Effect 2 are excellent games. Since then, meh.

#7 Posted by Poyples (9 posts) -

Every FIFA so far has been an improvement on the last, been bummed out by plenty of EA games but they still deliver superb FIFA games I guess.

#8 Edited by JasonR86 (9587 posts) -

Weird. It looks like I'm the OP now. I'm not, by the way. The dude below my first post is.

#9 Posted by espm400 (106 posts) -

Pretty much every NHL game, although I really wish they'd bring them back to the PC. Hell, it's the only reason I haven't sold my XBox.

#10 Posted by Hawkerace (273 posts) -

Freedom Fighters.

#11 Edited by Thandurin (18 posts) -

Battlefield: Bad Company 2. I felt that Battlefield 3 was a step back for the series.

#12 Posted by hwy_61 (920 posts) -

Need For Speed Most Wanted. I really liked that game. It was a ton of fun.

#13 Posted by Soapy86 (2619 posts) -

I guess Mass Effect 2.

#14 Edited by Slag (3919 posts) -

Dragon Age: Origins

#15 Edited by moffattron9000 (351 posts) -

It may not count, but Shadows of the Damned was fucking awesome.

#16 Posted by SathingtonWaltz (2053 posts) -

Battlefield Bad Company, Mass Effect

#17 Posted by triple07 (1196 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. Or Battlefield 3 can't remember which I bought last. Honestly I have yet to be really dissapointed by a EA game to the extent other people seem to be.

#18 Edited by MariachiMacabre (7039 posts) -

I really loved Dead Space 2. I think that was the last time I really enjoyed any of their games. They had a really strong couple of years when they were trying to repair their reputation and produce more unique games. Then they stopped doing that.

#19 Edited by Pr1mus (3780 posts) -

Mass Effect 2

I wasn't bummed by Dead Space 2 or Battlefield 3 but i wasn't super excited about them either. Mass Effect 2 is awesome.

#20 Posted by Redbullet685 (6021 posts) -

I think SSX sounds right. I actually really enjoyed that game.

#21 Edited by mellotronrules (1171 posts) -

mass effect 3 was solid for me- but that's also the last time i bought a new EA game.

#22 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

I was disappointed at Mass Effect 3, but not bummed out.

#23 Edited by Vextroid (1354 posts) -

Most of their stuff really. The only time I have been bummed about an EA product is the new SimCity. While I have not bought it myself, alot of the things I have heard about it are bumming me out. Mainly the limited size of the cities.

#24 Posted by Ben_H (3296 posts) -

Bad Company 2. That came out 3 years ago. About 2.5 years ago they started acting like complete dirtbags and I decided I would not buy another one of their games. I broke that rule once for BF3 but it was a huge disappointment so I went back to not buying EA. Was prepared to break it for SimCity but I didn't and won't now.

#25 Posted by Nodima (1058 posts) -

I hadn't played a football game since the 08 editions because this generation of video football has been horrifically bad compared to how good things had gotten on the PS2, but I bought the NCAA and Madden games on a whim this past fall due to all the hype surrounding the new physics engine. Ironically, I was really disgusted by Madden (no draft classes, no legitimate Franchise mode, janky animations, etc.) but I ended up playing the hell out of the NCAA game.

#26 Posted by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

I really loved Dragon Age 2, and thought Mass Effect 3 was good (even if I the gameplay toward the end was a boring slog, and I couldn't be bothered to watch the ending cutscene stuff by that point). In my experience, they have released a lot of very good but deeply flawed games.

They are usually still very much enjoyable though, even if seems like they are artificially inserting fail into games that seem like they could naturally progress decently (e.g. don't tinker with DA1 combat so much, just drop the decision making aspect at the end of ME3 and try to flesh out something more substantiated).

#27 Edited by StarvingGamer (7919 posts) -

SimCity

No really, a lot of the stuff surrounding the game bums me out a bit but I'm perfectly happy with the game itself. Actually I can't remember the last time I was disappointed with an EA game.

EDIT: WTF, just noticed that the OP was deleted.

EDIT2: Oh, I just actually read the third post entirely, I get it now.

#28 Edited by big_jon (5708 posts) -

Dead Space 3, Battlefield 3, and to a lesser extent, Mass Effect 3.

#29 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

Battlefield 3?

#30 Posted by Boboblaw (269 posts) -

Fifa 13 and probably Mass Effect 3 before that.

#31 Edited by Blu3V3nom07 (4138 posts) -

Bad Company 2. Battlefield 1943. NBA Live 2005. Dead Space. Dragon Age 2. I WANTED, to like Mercenaries 2, so-o bad..

I seriously need Mercenaries 3, this next-generation.

#32 Posted by kristov_romanov (451 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

I wasn't bummed out by Mass Effect 3. A lot of that game was great. So probably that game.

I genuinely enjoyed it and all it's the DLC, the most recent "Citadel" most of all.

#33 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1100 posts) -

Probably Mass Effect 3, I liked Dead Space 3 as a game but all of the online pass co-op stuff pissed me off a bit.

#34 Posted by gogosox82 (424 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 i guess? I bought the ps3 version and got all of the dlc so that was a pretty good deal. Since then I've been kind of meh on buying EA games.

#35 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2205 posts) -

As far as what they recently published I would say Kingdoms of Amalur and Mass Effect 3 which funnily happen to date back to the beginning of last year.

#36 Edited by Humanity (8724 posts) -

I don't think Dead Space 3 necessarily bummed me out. It just didn't wow me as much as DS2 did - still game was perfectly fine for the most part and did it's job of ending a major story.

#37 Edited by LordXavierBritish (6320 posts) -

Dragon Age Origins.

#38 Posted by WarlordPayne (694 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. The single player was a little disappointing, but the multiplayer more than made up for it.

#39 Posted by Winternet (8002 posts) -

Probably Dead Space 2?

#40 Posted by Svenzon (711 posts) -

Mass Effect 3, as far as I can remember. SSX and Dead Space 3 are the only big letdowns I can remember right now. Otherwise the EA games I've bought during the last couple of years have been fine.

#41 Posted by Quarters (1624 posts) -

As recent as Dead Space 3. I don't really have a problem with EA.

#42 Edited by jdh5153 (1034 posts) -

Never been bummed out over an EA game. I mostly play the sports games which are always top notch. I also love Mass Effect and Dragon Age (and I think both series get better as they go on, DA II and ME3 are my favorites by far).

I don't see how you could get bummed out about Battlefield 3. It's a stellar game and I'm a hardcore Call of Duty fan.

#43 Edited by OfficeGamer (1087 posts) -

Dead Space 2 was the last game published by EA that I thought was great and didn't have the EA dick up its creative aspect, limiting it.

#44 Posted by Azteck (7450 posts) -

Mirror's Edge probably.

#45 Edited by John1912 (1813 posts) -

I wasnt bummed by an EA game prob going back to the 90s. They have ruined too many great companies for me to not be bummed by anything they do. It can be a great game, Im still fucking bummed its from EA. Id rather not support them in their next take over of a great company that they will eventually turn into complete shit.

#46 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (450 posts) -

I just now started playing the orginal Dead space, and finished it, Im on Dead Space 2 and having a good time...I hope it carries into 3 but I got a feeling my love and praise will turn into moans and whimpers.

#47 Edited by Meltac (1999 posts) -

@poyples said:

Every FIFA so far has been an improvement on the last, been bummed out by plenty of EA games but they still deliver superb FIFA games I guess.

Yup, pretty much what I came in to say myself.

#48 Posted by Village_Guy (2484 posts) -

Battlefield 3 probably, but I didn't really have any huge expectations to that so it wasn't too hard for me not to be disappointed by that.

#49 Posted by GunnerJensen (31 posts) -

Dead Space 3

A very solid game in it's own right, it just doesn't match up to DS2's excellence.

#50 Edited by NoobSauceG7 (1230 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 was the BIGGEST BUMMER! But last time would probably be Dead Space 3, although not as much for me.