• 53 results
#1 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

I was at a garage sale today and bought a mint condition copy of parappa the rapper for 3 bucks. Now I desperately want to go buy a 100 ps1 game box lot from ebay. Man the 90s were so damn good.

#2 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

My girlfriend bought Kula World from PSN to Vita. I tried it out and remembered playing it so much when I was younger.

#4 Posted by falserelic (5461 posts) -

Watching this documentary about steroids. I remember seeing this vid years ago, but nowadays since I know alot more about fitness. This vid is just funny to me. Especially since the star of the program looks like he took synthol not steroids.

#5 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#6 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

@jz: PS1 game where you uhm..do puzzles as ball. Explaining it or showing youtube footage doesn't really do it any good, it can look bit boring but it was awesome back in the day, still is.

#7 Posted by Verendus (348 posts) -

@jz: PS1 game where you uhm..do puzzles as ball. Explaining it or showing youtube footage doesn't really do it any good, it can look bit boring but it was awesome back in the day, still is.

#8 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#9 Posted by jimmyfenix (3858 posts) -

Stumbling on this after watching some rayman legends gameplay videos. HOLY SHIT ITS GOOD.

#10 Edited by BigJeffrey (5071 posts) -

Have not had a nostalgia attack, although did have a BIG mac attack.

#11 Posted by warpr (88 posts) -

@verendus said:

My girlfriend bought Kula World from PSN to Vita. I tried it out and remembered playing it so much when I was younger.

Wow, Kula World is great. I remember buying a dual shock for that game just for the vibration, I'm not sure if it even supported the analog sticks.

#12 Posted by falserelic (5461 posts) -

But was it clean?

#13 Posted by GreggD (4507 posts) -

You just reminded me of the opening to this song, thus resulting in a NOSTALGIA ATTACK!

#14 Posted by Nodima (1241 posts) -

I was at an antique shop that also sells used games, and unlike the actual used game retailer in town they actually have a version of each system hooked up to a small CRT in this really cramped space. They had NES, PS1, PS2 and a couple others, but the N64 had Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. running on it (not to be confused with the SNES' Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball!) and I stood there playing the home run derby for a solid 10 minutes with Griffey.

That game was amazing to me at the time - it was the height of my caring about a sport I no longer have any interest in, the height of my fandom for the only baseball player I've ever called my favorite, the first baseball game I'd played with licensed ballplayers other than Griffey and all sorts of other things. But what I was really enjoying was the batting system. It was so simple but still makes so much sense today. I had to very strongly resist the urge to pick up the game and system right there; luckily, I knew if I can't even get through a full game of The Show without getting a little bored there's no way a nostalgia bomb could fuel me through a season of Griffey.

#15 Posted by Nodima (1241 posts) -

I was at an antique shop that also sells used games, and unlike the actual used game retailer in town they actually have a version of each system hooked up to a small CRT in this really cramped space. They had NES, PS1, PS2 and a couple others, but the N64 had Major League Baseball Featuring Ken Griffey Jr. running on it (not to be confused with the SNES' Ken Griffey Jr. Presents Major League Baseball!) and I stood there playing the home run derby for a solid 10 minutes with Griffey.

That game was amazing to me at the time - it was the height of my caring about a sport I no longer have any interest in, the height of my fandom for the only baseball player I've ever called my favorite, the first baseball game I'd played with licensed ballplayers other than Griffey and all sorts of other things. But what I was really enjoying was the batting system. It was so simple but still makes so much sense today. I had to very strongly resist the urge to pick up the game and system right there; luckily, I knew if I can't even get through a full game of The Show without getting a little bored there's no way a nostalgia bomb could fuel me through a season of Griffey.

#16 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#17 Posted by Aetheldod (3626 posts) -

When I remember my dead father and how cool and awesome human being he was , like every week and miss being around him and all

:(

#18 Edited by Yummylee (22038 posts) -
#19 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#20 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#21 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#22 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#23 Edited by Irvandus (2881 posts) -

Not sure if this counts because it's only something from 8 years ago but I recently found my copy of Dragon Quest 8. That is one hell of a video game right there. Also reminds me that Jrpg translations used to be a lot less cringe worthy at that time but maybe I'm just looking through some rose tinted glasses. Should probably say some people still do a find job though.

#24 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#25 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -
#26 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

Well, out of NOWHERE i had the Exo-squad theme song stuck in my head for like a week. The problem was, i didn't remember what it was from. Took me forever, but then when i realized it was like OH SHIT! EXO-SQUAD WAS AWESOME!.

The Exo-Squad theme for reference.

#27 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3190 posts) -

Bought the legendary SmackDown 2. Took me back.

#28 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

When I bought the Batman: The Animated Series DVDs earlier this year. It was the BEST.

#29 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5795 posts) -

Playing through Pokemon Heartgold early last year. Having played the shit out of the original, it was a wonderful experience playing through an updated version.

#30 Edited by Zekhariah (697 posts) -

3 days to finish Super Mario World when it released on the wii U virtual console (for me, that is a record comparable to the 2013 Tomb Raider, both were a break from 2 years of not really falling into any titles that far).

#31 Posted by lostinthewired (24 posts) -
#32 Posted by Tarsier (1069 posts) -

im having a continous waves of nostalgia attack on a count of we just started playing minecraft again.

#33 Posted by Panelhopper (192 posts) -

I had a flashback of playing the demo of the first Syphon Filter game the other day....that taser gun was oddly effective.....

#34 Posted by Turambar (6808 posts) -

Final Fantasy Theatrythm.

#35 Posted by Metric_Outlaw (1172 posts) -

I talked to some friends about Squeeze-Its and Surge the other day.

#36 Posted by ArtisanBreads (3882 posts) -

#37 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

Did that attack come before or after eating the Big Mac?

#38 Edited by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

I am not affected by the monster known as nostalgia.

#39 Posted by 34f3ecwdc3 (162 posts) -

Two days ago when I was reading about Omega calibres and it reminded me of my childhood. I was seeing Omega's skyscraper with the huge logo on top and I always had something for Omega and their watches.

#40 Posted by GIyn (202 posts) -

#41 Posted by LackingSaint (1830 posts) -

Had friends over and while we were chatting they dared me to complete the entirety of Jak and Daxter in one sitting, since I know that game like the back of my hand. It's crazy, that game just feels so perfect to me.

#42 Posted by TobbRobb (4730 posts) -

@lackingsaint: It's not a feeling, it's the truth.

Also I wish I had a working tv so I could play that right now. :C

#43 Edited by ShaggE (6543 posts) -

Yesterday, while listening to a 90s playlist on Spotify. I'm painfully susceptible to nostalgia, despite understanding that most of it is rose-colored lies.

#44 Posted by Schmollian (265 posts) -

Watched this movie for the first time in about eight years a couple weeks ago. SO GOOD!

#45 Edited by Carryboy (714 posts) -

About 3 months ago cost me about £1500.

#46 Posted by GnaTSoL (823 posts) -

Can't remember my last nostalgia attack but I know I'll have one while playing DOA5 Ultimate on tuesday.

They're gonna finally have proper DOA music in 5 and by proper I mean music from Dead or Alive 2, 3, and 4. The moment I hear 'Shooted' while playing Hayabusa, I will implode in bliss...... Then reanimate and never play ultimate ever again because of what a rehash it is. And I hope to god that's how it goes so I never dump a single dollar into their crappy dlc.

#47 Posted by JZ (2125 posts) -

@gnatsol: it's 5 but with a bunch of DLC

It's not doa 6

#48 Posted by Little_Socrates (5683 posts) -
#49 Posted by SpaceRunaway (870 posts) -

When they played Time Commando on Unprofessional Fridays a while back. I had completely forgotten how much I used to play that game; in fact, I had forgotten of that game's existence altogether. Having all that rush back felt literally like an attack.

#50 Posted by GnaTSoL (823 posts) -

@jz: They've done 'Ultimate edition' better before. No excuse, but I will wait til tuesday to see what I truly think.

Regardless, it should have all been a digital upgrade or better yet, should have been in the vanilla 5 since all the upgrades were stuff you expected in 5.