#1 Edited by outlaw4020 (38 posts) -

Alan wake is was rumored to show at the 2008 TGS, now that the rumor has been debunked by microsoft, when the hell are we going to get a new glimpse at this game.  Apparently they are still working on it, it hasn't been cancled.  They said its kind a whole new style of game.  Im sure it will be awesome when it comes out.  Huge max payne and remedy fan.

#2 Posted by Bilawal (109 posts) -

Well it will be coming out in 21XX

Dunno official date but expect it around there. That game is as gone as Huxley and Indiana Jones, don't expect it to be released ever.

#3 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -

i heard that it will be shown at the tokyo game show, though I'm not to sure about it

#4 Posted by outlaw4020 (38 posts) -
Pikachu said:
"i heard that it will be shown at the tokyo game show, though I'm not to sure about it
"
yeah microsoft officially squashed that rumor, they said they werent showing it.
#5 Posted by MrBurns (10 posts) -

If we don't hear something in the next 6 months, I will erase it from my brain.

#6 Edited by Locke (330 posts) -

From the Remedy Forums:

"The Microsoft Vista promotion referring to TGS took place in 2007, and is old news - we've had the winner over for taking the pictures already.

Sorry for the confusion and possible disappointment, but this was not an annoucement that Wake would be shown at TGS 2008. Remedy's team is just getting back from a bit of holiday and we haven't had time to chat with Microsoft on upcoming shows/showings yet."
#7 Posted by MrBurns (10 posts) -

#8 Posted by MrBurns (10 posts) -

#9 Posted by TanKLoveR (333 posts) -

Right after Duke Nuken forever release so .... never.

#10 Posted by Trilvester (31 posts) -

This game better come out, it looked awesome in the tech demo they showed of it.

#11 Posted by M1 (45 posts) -

Hoping that it's soon, it's the only reason I'm making the jump to next gen consoles.

#12 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -
MrBurns said:
"If we don't hear something in the next 6 months, I will erase it from my brain."
You have to remember that Remedy has been around for a long time, since 1995. Since then they've only come out with three games. Two of them being Max Payne and it's sequel.
#13 Posted by outlaw4020 (38 posts) -
Locke said:
"MrBurns said:
"If we don't hear something in the next 6 months, I will erase it from my brain."
You have to remember that Remedy has been around for a long time, since 1995. Since then they've only come out with three games. Two of them being Max Payne and it's sequel."
wow i didn't realize they had been around since 95.  max payne came out in 2001 right?  their is no way they were working on that game for 6 years.
#14 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -
outlaw4020 said:
"Locke said:
"MrBurns said:
You have to remember that Remedy has been around for a long time, since 1995. Since then they've only come out with three games. Two of them being Max Payne and it's sequel."
wow i didn't realize they had been around since 95.  max payne came out in 2001 right?  their is no way they were working on that game for 6 years.
"
Max Payne 2 came out in 2003 so I'm assuming they started work on Alan Wake shortly after.
#15 Posted by Shadz (198 posts) -

Psh, Alan Wake isn't a game; it's a myth.

#16 Posted by RVonE (4601 posts) -
Shadz said:
"Psh, Alan Wake isn't a game; it's a myth.
"

exactly!
#17 Posted by IroncladMerc (37 posts) -

Alan Wake was probably just a time filler for one of their E3 presentations a couple years back. They probably just had a couple of programmers mock up a fake game because they had to fill the time in the presentation.

#18 Posted by VibratingDonkey (849 posts) -

E3 09, perhaps GDC 09, then released in November 09.

#19 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -
IroncladMerc said:
"Alan Wake was probably just a time filler for one of their E3 presentations a couple years back. They probably just had a couple of programmers mock up a fake game because they had to fill the time in the presentation.
"
So what do you think remedy is really working on?
#20 Posted by tmontana1004 (376 posts) -

lol at people who thought this game was vaporware. I like how Remedy is keeping the details limited about this game. When you hype a game, you only set yourself up for disappointment.

#21 Posted by Ma7moud (805 posts) -

Hopefully TGS or Leipzig.

#22 Posted by roofy (1005 posts) -

i dont think they will be showing it this year. i have a feeling that its gonna be a launch title for the next xbox

#23 Posted by MasterSplinter (636 posts) -

Alane Wake will be the next Too Human. Don't expect to see it again until 2014.

#24 Edited by outlaw4020 (38 posts) -

I think there is a good possability that we might see it at leipzig as TGS doesn't really cater to much of the PC audience.