When you're playing games, do you swear more, less or the same amount as normal?

GruntSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GruntSavage
GruntSavage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2  Edited By GruntSavage

I know when I'm playing games, my vulgarity levels go through the roof. What about y'all?
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By Yummylee

More I suppose. Depending on how frustrated the game will make me.
Skytylz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Skytylz

More, but  I rarely swear anyways.  I think it makes people sound idiotic.

Dysnomia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Dysnomia

Depends if I'm alone, playing online or with friends. 

If I'm alone, If I die I kinda mumble swears under my breath. If I'm playing online I try not to swear too much and if I'm friends I swear way more than I usually do as a joke.

Taborlin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Taborlin

When I play FIFA I swear at the ref a lot...on shooters I'm fine, I remember hearing a dude say pretty much every swear word under the sun on SOCOM Confrontation whilst my little bro was in the room, I was quick on the mute though.

kingclaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kingclaw
  • swear
  • swear more
  • die
  • laugh like a retard
  • take a deep breathe
  • get serious
  • press retry
  • repeat
lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By lead_farmer

In Call of Duty when I get shot, but it's more of a surprised swear than an angry one.  I get blindsided a lot in that game.

JoshVanDanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By JoshVanDanger

I tend to curse a lot more when I'm playing online. It gets frustrating when I can't find the sniper taking me out in Battlefield 1943, or when my friends and I completely fail at Left 4 Dead.

RedneckedCrake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RedneckedCrake

I really only curse when I'm playing online and the game is really frustrating me.

WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By WickedCobra03

Really, no difference.  I usually sit quietly when I am playing games and just will blurt a random word quietly every half hour or so.

yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By yakityyakblah

Yes... a lot.

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By End_Boss

A game has to do a lot to get my curse-juice a flowin' these days. Usually when I get to my breaking point, I just sigh explosively and turn off the 360.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By KaosAngel

...I am sad to admit it but in my 2v2 Placement Games for Starcraft 2 ladder, I end up swearing off and telling my teammate to do stuff to himself.

I feel really bad, but then I see that I'm placed in Copper 2v2 League due to stupid fucking teammate and find it justified.

Fucking noobs at Starcraft need to get off the fucking game and go back to something they know how to play (like Halo).  It's their fucking fault I'm stuck at the lowest tier for 2v2 when in 1v1 I'm in god damn Gold League.  

This one fucking idiot doesn't know how to do 6 pool or 13 standard...he spent most the fucking match looking at the stupid fucking tech-tree, holy shit how much of a god damn idiot do you have to be to do that in a Placement Game?!  Make a custom game vs AI and learn to play before takign your Placement Test.

I swear to god if Blizzard doesn't identify the noobs in Placement Tests for 2v2, I will throw my mouse and break it.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Naturally depends on how things are going. I'm a fairly sore loser, especially if the opposting team is composed of sore winners.

DelroyLindo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DelroyLindo
@Skytylz said:
" More, but  I rarely swear anyways.  I think it makes people sound idiotic. "
What a ludicrous statement
Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Frustration level and success level both impact vulgarity level proportionately.

jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jmrwacko

I don't know about you guys, but when I play video games, my muscles get really big and my skin gets all green, and then I start talking in the third person.

Avatar image for deactivated-633355e1dd700
deactivated-633355e1dd700

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jmrwacko: DOOOD! Me thought me was the only one! Me no more feel so alone.
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By jmrwacko
@hematurge said:

" @jmrwacko: DOOOD! Me thought me was the only one! Me no more feel so alone. "

Jmrwacko angry! Jmrwacko smash!! Jmrwacko sleepy...
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hot_Karl

About the same, but I swear a lot anyway. It's a lot of "fuck shits" and "fuck this motherfuck" and "fucking fuck" whenever I play a game.

soccerkid82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By soccerkid82

I knocked out Modern Warfare 2 on Veteran solo last week, and I think that sparked a tale of cursing in me.  I called more soldiers SOBs than I care to remember haha.  Oh well...I got my 90 GS and all my achievements...on to Spec Ops....

Teaspoon83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Teaspoon83

When I am out and about, I choose not to throw in a swear word because I do feel like it is lacks intelligence. Of all the words in the English Dictionary, why swear to describe something or replace a noun with one? Do you really need to describe something with those chosen words? I don't think so.  

Playing games though, if it becomes frustrating, than I will throw an F-bomb. But when was the last time somebody says anything polite when angered?  So yes, I swear more when I play games. 

End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By End_Boss
@KaosAngel: Do you have any idea as to how terribly sad you sound?
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By KaosAngel

You know what else pisses me off?

Some fucking noob idiot builds a wall of suppy depoy and gets attacked by Muta.  i send my Marines to help him, but he has his fucking barrier up and I tell him to fucking lower it.  The dude types "How do I lower it?", oh my god.

I held Shift and Enter Non-Stop:

[All] MY FUCKING TEAMMATE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO LOWER HIS FUCKING SUPPY DEPOY!
"   "  FUCK THIS SHIT!  IDIOT IS A FUCKING NOOB AND SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GIVEN A BETA KEY!
"   "  FUCK THIS BULLSHIT AND THIS STUPID DICK, WHY THE FUCK DO I GET PAIR OFF WITH NOOBS?! 
[Team Mate All]  Chill down dude, I just preordered the game today from GameStop and got a code.
[Other Team All]  LOLOLOLOLOLOL, wow Kaos I would kill him right now if I were you.
[Me All] gg
[Team Mate All]  What's gg?

I swear to God, if I ever see a noob on SC2 again...and he's on my team, I will do whatever it takes to make his life a lving hell.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Way more

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HandsomeDead

No difference till mutliplayer when I turn into Deadwood.

KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By KaosAngel
@End_Boss said:
" @KaosAngel: Do you have any idea as to how terribly sad you sound? "
Dude, what league are you in the 2v2 Ladder?

It's bullshit, even on the Battle.net forums, all users are complaining about being paird off with noobs.   Blizzard NEEDS to make people go through a tutorial or make them pass a test before they can do the placement tests.  I am NOT going to deal with this crap when retail hits this summer.  If I'm not Gold League in retail for 2v2, I will flip shit.
rawrz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By rawrz

If playing alone more, if friends are in the same room then not as much because then its just jokes and a good time so dying doesnt bother me, and when online more since well people tend to like to talk a lot of crap for the stupidest things

JDUB_XL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#30  Edited By JDUB_XL

I swear a whole lot. I'm not proud of it, I find it uncontrollable. 

My friends often find it comical when I am on XBL and making up new combinations of swear words that they have never heard before. 

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By CornontheCobbe

Depends on the game, and the mood i'm in. Generally i don't like swearing much whilst playing.

Ubiquitous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Ubiquitous

Online games can produce profanity from me fairly regularly.

pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By pweidman

Yep the swearing is pretty much rediculous while gaming compared to normal everyday occasional cursing.  Single player mainly.  While on a mic online I tone it down out of courtesy, but when alone it gets embarrassing.   Did I really say all that?.... I find myself thinking or saying aloud,lol.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#34  Edited By JJOR64

It depends if I'm winning or losing.

yakityyakblah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By yakityyakblah
@KaosAngel said:
" You know what else pisses me off?  Some fucking noob idiot builds a wall of suppy depoy and gets attacked by Muta.  i send my Marines to help him, but he has his fucking barrier up and I tell him to fucking lower it.  The dude types "How do I lower it?", oh my god.  I held Shift and Enter Non-Stop:  [All] MY FUCKING TEAMMATE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO LOWER HIS FUCKING SUPPY DEPOY! "   "  FUCK THIS SHIT!  IDIOT IS A FUCKING NOOB AND SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GIVEN A BETA KEY! "   "  FUCK THIS BULLSHIT AND THIS STUPID DICK, WHY THE FUCK DO I GET PAIR OFF WITH NOOBS?!  [Team Mate All]  Chill down dude, I just preordered the game today from GameStop and got a code. [Other Team All]  LOLOLOLOLOLOL, wow Kaos I would kill him right now if I were you. [Me All] gg [Team Mate All]  What's gg?  I swear to God, if I ever see a noob on SC2 again...and he's on my team, I will do whatever it takes to make his life a lving hell. "
God forbid someone doesn't have Starcraft strategy imprinted on their brain from birth. I'm sure that your first match you were a tournament level pro. Newbies can be a pain in the ass when they are on your team, but everyone needs to suck before they get good and being a jerk about it just means everyone is having a shitty time. Next time try telling the newbie how to play.
Lawrens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Lawrens

No difference, unless I'm angry then I'd swear a lot more, which means the game suck, and I regret spending 60 dollars, but not because I'm playing games.

thatfrood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#37  Edited By thatfrood

I have a pretty good filter and rarely start liberally sprinkling expletives all over my sentences, but I certainly do think about swearing a lot more for some games.
Mostly platformers. Goddamn fucking platformers.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#38  Edited By JJWeatherman

Definitely more. It's pretty much the only time I do.

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#39  Edited By Gabriel

Man oh man, went back and tried to play Killzone 2 online, Broke my controller and beat my head with it until I felt dizzy. I don't think I will be going back.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#40  Edited By citizenkane

A lot more.

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Cramsy

Heaps more.

JerkFace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By JerkFace

I drop more 'mother fuckers' when gaming than I do any other actual words.  All it takes is like two deaths from a guy with a noob tube!

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Jadeskye

Man you should have seen me playing MW2 earlier, i must have dropped over 20 C bombs.

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Meltac

More ... Way more.

Cyphalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Cyphalon
@Teaspoon83 said:
" When I am out and about, I choose not to throw in a swear word because I do feel like it is lacks intelligence. Of all the words in the English Dictionary, why swear to describe something or replace a noun with one? Do you really need to describe something with those chosen words? I don't think so.   Playing games though, if it becomes frustrating, than I will throw an F-bomb. But when was the last time somebody says anything polite when angered?  So yes, I swear more when I play games.  "
lol you so smart
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By KaosAngel
@yakityyakblah said:
" @KaosAngel said:
" You know what else pisses me off?  Some fucking noob idiot builds a wall of suppy depoy and gets attacked by Muta.  i send my Marines to help him, but he has his fucking barrier up and I tell him to fucking lower it.  The dude types "How do I lower it?", oh my god.  I held Shift and Enter Non-Stop:  [All] MY FUCKING TEAMMATE DOESNT KNOW HOW TO LOWER HIS FUCKING SUPPY DEPOY! "   "  FUCK THIS SHIT!  IDIOT IS A FUCKING NOOB AND SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GIVEN A BETA KEY! "   "  FUCK THIS BULLSHIT AND THIS STUPID DICK, WHY THE FUCK DO I GET PAIR OFF WITH NOOBS?!  [Team Mate All]  Chill down dude, I just preordered the game today from GameStop and got a code. [Other Team All]  LOLOLOLOLOLOL, wow Kaos I would kill him right now if I were you. [Me All] gg [Team Mate All]  What's gg?  I swear to God, if I ever see a noob on SC2 again...and he's on my team, I will do whatever it takes to make his life a lving hell. "
God forbid someone doesn't have Starcraft strategy imprinted on their brain from birth. I'm sure that your first match you were a tournament level pro. Newbies can be a pain in the ass when they are on your team, but everyone needs to suck before they get good and being a jerk about it just means everyone is having a shitty time. Next time try telling the newbie how to play. "
The problem is the fact that these are Placement Tests, which means MY Placement goes down if the teammate sucks balls.  Battle.net forums were up in arms about this and still are.  Why the hell should us who are in Gold League for 1v1 be forced to play with noobs in Copper?  One person screws up and you're completely fucked.

It'll take almost a full week of 2v2 to rank from Copper to Gold, it's bullcrap. 
kidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By kidman

Definitely more, but not over the top, especially since i prefer to prolong them instead of adding another one (it's FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK instead of FUCK FUCK FUCK). I usually stay calm and so on, but i hate when a game is unfair, then i yell more things like 'Why of fucking course, yeah, shoot me some more, why not, eh?' which i know sounds dumb, but oh well.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By MikkaQ
@KaosAngel:  If you were really gold material you'd beat the two other teams yourself.  

Boom. 

And yeah I cuss tons when playing games I guess. But I tend to get creative, and I love making compound swears of out an offensive word and an innocent word. Things like "Cock-chips" or "Shit-swindler" or "Dick-doodler".  

Cockety-chop fuck-linker. 
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By KaosAngel
@XII_Sniper said:
" @KaosAngel:  If you were really gold material you'd beat the two other teams yourself.    Boom.   And yeah I cuss tons when playing games I guess. But I tend to get creative, and I love making compound swears of out an offensive word and an innocent word. Things like "Cock-chips" or "Shit-swindler" or "Dick-doodler".    Cockety-chop fuck-linker.  "
Oh yeah, two Gold League Players vs 1, perfectly even.  The point of the matter is that noobs shouldn't rush into the online....it pisses everyone off.  What if you were in game of Halo and some guy who never played a FPS before starts playing and feeding the other team kills, you'd be fucking pissed too.
MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MikkaQ
@KaosAngel:  No I wouldn't I'd just kill twice as fast, like I said.  

I know a few people who can take on multiple 10 year starcraft vets no problem. They're korean though, so I guess that's their genetic advantage at play, but it's doable.