#1 Posted by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -

I got a PS3 a little over a month ago, and spent the month since online hunting down the 15-20+games I have missed and wanted to play since I sold my PS3 back in the day when it was nothing more then a paperweight. During this hunt some of the best deals I found were from a local trading site so I ended up with a lot of games that were in perfect condition, but had cases with all those annoying yellow stickers over them, or have lots of little scratches and dents in them. I'm very anal about the condition of my cases and stuff like that drives me nucking futs.  

So now I'm on the hunt for blank clear cases to replace them with, but I don't know where to start looking. I was wondering if anyone can recommend me a place to buy some replacement cases on the cheap. The only thing is that they have to ship to Canada, be in Canada and/or don't charge an arm and a leg for shipping. I have never had to buy cases like this before, but would a local place like a Futureshop or Walmart sell them?

#2 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -

I doubt they sell cases separately, but I do have an alternative since I am in the same situation as you when it comes to game cases. 

STEPS TO A CLEAN RESIDUE FREE GAMESTOP STICKER REMOVAL: 
1. Remove game art insert, game manual, and game disc. 
2. Use a hair dryer on the area where the sticker is stuck to for about 1 minute. 
3. Remove the sticker with your fingernail (you could use a knife, but that could damage the case plastic) at the sticker's corners. slowly and carefully 
4. If the sticker tears and part of it remains stuck, use your fingernail on that part so the sticker becomes one again as you remove it. 
5. If there is any residue left, apply WD40 or Lotion (any oil substance) to the residue. 
6. Rub the oily substance on the adhesive residue until it dissolves off. 
7. Wipe all the stuff off with a dry smooth towel, preferably microfiber so it leaves less lint.   
8. Once everything is residue/oil free, Put back the game art insert, manual, and disc.

It's not a new case, but at least those stickers are gone.

#3 Posted by Pickingwings (182 posts) -

You should try these guys  (link)
Had ordered from them a couple of times with no problems.  They say that they ship to Canada though I'm not sure how much shipping would cost you.

#5 Posted by Enigma777 (6084 posts) -

I get mine from Ebay. It's really easy to find them. However I'm having a hell of a time finding decent 360 replacement cases (damn those eco boxes!) that aren't cheap bootlegs. :(

#6 Posted by LeetBalla (698 posts) -

I saw them at Best Buy the other day, about $5 for a four pack.

#7 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Enigma777 said:
" I get mine from Ebay. It's really easy to find them. However I'm having a hell of a time finding decent 360 replacement cases (damn those eco boxes!) that aren't cheap bootlegs. :( "
That's easy enough. Just get a DVD case and spray paint it green. If you want a Platinum Hits version then spray paint it silver.
#8 Posted by Enigma777 (6084 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" @Enigma777 said:
" I get mine from Ebay. It's really easy to find them. However I'm having a hell of a time finding decent 360 replacement cases (damn those eco boxes!) that aren't cheap bootlegs. :( "
That's easy enough. Just get a DVD case and spray paint it green. If you want a Platinum Hits version then spray paint it silver. "
#9 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -
@Pickingwings said:

" You should try these guys  (link)
Had ordered from them a couple of times with no problems.  They say that they ship to Canada though I'm not sure how much shipping would cost you. "

For one glorious moment I thought that I was on my way to euro covers of Heavy Rain and ResE4. Alas, they only sell American versions. Silly people.
#10 Posted by jarryd (256 posts) -

you could even go into a local game store and ask for any leftovers from display cases or something like that

#11 Posted by Kyelb22 (299 posts) -
@crusader8463: I work in Gaming at Best Buy, and we sell them in packs of 3 for $3. And they're not the shitty Eco-boxes, either. :D 
I actually JUST bought a pack of 360 ones today. 
#12 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@defaulttag said:
" I doubt they sell cases separately, but I do have an alternative since I am in the same situation as you when it comes to game cases.  STEPS TO A CLEAN RESIDUE FREE GAMESTOP STICKER REMOVAL: 1. Remove game art insert, game manual, and game disc. 2. Use a hair dryer on the area where the sticker is stuck to for about 1 minute. 3. Remove the sticker with your fingernail (you could use a knife, but that could damage the case plastic) at the sticker's corners. slowly and carefully 4. If the sticker tears and part of it remains stuck, use your fingernail on that part so the sticker becomes one again as you remove it. 5. If there is any residue left, apply WD40 or Lotion (any oil substance) to the residue. 6. Rub the oily substance on the adhesive residue until it dissolves off. 7. Wipe all the stuff off with a dry smooth towel, preferably microfiber so it leaves less lint.   8. Once everything is residue/oil free, Put back the game art insert, manual, and disc. It's not a new case, but at least those stickers are gone. "
OR use a white rubber eraser. :3 

I thought Sony might have something like Nintendo where you can order parts and stuff straight from them. I got a white box for my Netflix disc when it was useful... 

SO, I just googled this, but these are the standard Blu-Ray boxes. I mean it's better than nothing, amirite?
#13 Posted by defaulttag (890 posts) -
@Emilio: really? is it all smooth again? haven't tried that yet.
#14 Posted by crusader8463 (14427 posts) -
@Kyelb22 said:
" @crusader8463: I work in Gaming at Best Buy, and we sell them in packs of 3 for $3. And they're not the shitty Eco-boxes, either. :D I actually JUST bought a pack of 360 ones today.  "
Thanks I will take a look next time I'm in the city. We don't have Best Buys around here though, but I believe Best Buy and Futureshop are the same company just different names. So hopefully they have something.
#15 Posted by Grumbel (910 posts) -

If you aren't in a hurry: Playstation Network Cards come in regular game cases, so in case you plan to buy a few PSN cards later on, you could just wait for that.

#16 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -
@defaulttag:  
Well, when ever it came to removing sticky resin from DVD/Game cases, I used the rubber eraser method. Somehow the adhesive gets picked up by the eraser really easy. Some adhesive is stronger than others, tho, so it I think it really depends or you might have to put in more time.