#1 Posted by Rxanadu (509 posts) -

I'm trying to make a flowchart for the basic design of recent fighting games, since I can't stop thinking about it.  Anyway, I wanted to get a flowchart going on Word, but the text boxes kept messing up for some reason.  I tried using SlickPlan.com, but it was pretty bad for what I'm trying to do.   

Any helpful suggestions will do.  Also, keep the topic on topic.

#2 Posted by Khann (2891 posts) -

You could try something like XMind. 

Not entirely sure mind-mapping is what you're after, but it should give you the tools to create a flow-chart.

#3 Posted by nobel (57 posts) -

I've been using www.gliffy.com for university work since it has pretty good UML tools. Might do flowcharts well. Give it a shot. 

It's a web platform but its really responsive, and even stuff like keyboard shortcuts work perfectly. You have to sign up for a 30 day trial, but all the features are pretty much available. You can save stuff online, or export your work to various formats. 

#4 Posted by takua108 (1479 posts) -
#5 Posted by Rxanadu (509 posts) -
@nobel: I just started using it, and it's pretty good.  Thanks again.
#6 Posted by Lind_L_Taylor (3966 posts) -

I use Freemind & Visio.  Here's a schematic I did for a what-if scenario to add a Hauppage to my A/V system for Visio (never did it though): 

#7 Edited by elraymonds (1 posts) -

1. first define all the processes, actions, storage and conditions of the game

2. Then arrange them as step by step in a sequence to the end (out come of the game)

3. Then draw the flowchart from a flowchart software like Creately

Use boxes for processes, Arrows for the flows and Decision blocks you have Yes/No nodes