Where can I get the whiskey media xbmc app?

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By yoshimitz707

In the new member hubit says there's an app for it. Is it still in submission or do I have to add a specific source or something to download it?

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By toowalrus

...I've given more to Giantbomb than the Premium members over the past year- I call bullshit! It's OK- I don't know what an XBMC is anyway.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By snide

@yoshimitz707 said:

In the new member hubit says there's an app for it. Is it still in submission or do I have to add a specific source or something to download it?

As mentioned on that site, a lot of our apps are still in the submission phase. Should have them operational in the next week or so.

yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By yoshimitz707

@snide said:

@yoshimitz707 said:

As mentioned on that site, a lot of our apps are still in the submission phase. Should have them operational in the next week or so.

Any way you could give me a .zip to install by myself? :)

keala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By keala

I've been using the app made by Sullys for the past 6 months, but it stopped working today (username/password invalid). Would love to see an official app!

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By obinice

I've been using the Giant Bomb XBMC Video plugin made by Dan Dar3 (v1.3.0) for a long time, it's the primary way I use Giant Bomb (I rarely visit the site except for the TNTs). I check it every day and watch all the videos, it's super convenient and a highlight of my day :D  (I know I'm boring eh :P)

But today the plugin seems to have just stopped working....is this because site changes have broken the plugin? Was it intentional? if a fully functional XBMC plugin (one that included login and members only content options) was produced, I would be even more likely to become a paying member. 

I'd be a member already, but for there being no one-month Paypal subscription option :( But, that's getting off topic lol.

P.S If anybody knows of a working non-members XBMC plugin, could you link me up? It's really slow and annoying to have to plug a mouse and keyboard into the media center and access GB through a browser :(
chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By chilibean_3

The old ones are probably busted because the official app just went live. Like, half an hour ago.

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By obinice

Oh awesome! The official app isn't in the XBMC repository though, where can I find it? :)
yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By yoshimitz707

@chilibean_3 said:

The old ones are probably busted because the official app just went live. Like, half an hour ago.

I don't see it in the add-ons section. You got a link to a .zip I can download?

chilibean_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By chilibean_3

@yoshimitz707: I mainly got the info from Dave's twitter.

enemykite Dave Snider
Another one down. XBMC @giantbomb app is live. Nice work @sdornan

I don't know much about XBMC, just where to get to a page that says "Type this link code into your XBMC device. [code]"

monkeyroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By monkeyroach

where is the app itself?

obinice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By obinice
@chilibean_3 said:

@yoshimitz707: I mainly got the info from Dave's twitter.

enemykite Dave Snider
Another one down. XBMC @giantbomb app is live. Nice work @sdornan

I don't know much about XBMC, just where to get to a page that says "Type this link code into your XBMC device. [code]"

Hmm that page worries me, it makes it look like the XBMC plugin will be subscriber only. That would suck :(
Avatar image for aperture_science
Aperture_Science

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Aperture_Science

@Obinice the XBMC plugin work is for everyone, the code generated is used to authorise access to the subscriber only videos and as far as I can tell re-wirtes all the video links to be HD quality (where available)

Works really well, but doesn't have the snazzy Lincoln Force GUI the other apps do, it's just lists of videos for now.