• 63 results
Kokoro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Kokoro

I like to watch video reviews that people post on YouTube.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#52  Edited By BulletproofMonk
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Sasran: 

So it's me, Hailinel, you, and about two other people. Given the 83 score on Metacritic, I'm guessing it's a case of a loud minority. (I couldn't find an actual Wikipedia article for that, so apologies if that inevitably sounds racist.) "
Count me in. FFXIII is a lot of fun.
time allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By time allen
@Video_Game_King said:
"
  1. I've found that I can rarely trust a review. The hell, gaming community? Final Fantasy XII gets a pass, but the next game is destroying all you love about the damn franchise?
"
fucking agree so much.  

anyway. i tend to not read that many reviews, at least not until i've played it myself first.
Avatar image for delicious_brains
Delicious_Brains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Delicious_Brains

I only really read around for reviews if I'm not totally sure about buying the game, the rest of the time I'll just know. Have stuck to OXM UK's reviews recently. I used to read Kotaku's but their new structure isn't any good compared to what it was, and sometimes I'll read IGN's to see how off the mark the score is.

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@Video_Game_King said:
" @Sasran:   Really? Given Brad's three-star score, his disapproval of it in the Day 4 Bombcast, and the fact that everybody I've heard from fucking hates the game, I just assumed that people didn't really like the game that much. However, that does not excuse the gaming community from loving FF12, the Ouroboros of Final Fantasy's. "
I don't really like FF, but 9 and 12 were both pretty great games.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By penguindust

I don't read too many written reviews these days and those I do come from a variety of sources including the community blogs of this site.  When I do look for professionally written review I tend to go GB, 1UP (just Jeremy Parish RPG stuff), Joystiq, Kotaku and Shacknews.   However, I'd say I get 90% of my critical opinion from podcasts (Bombcast, Weekend Confirmed, CAGcast, Bitmob, G4's Feedback, etc...) and GB's Quick Looks.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#57  Edited By Hizang

I read a review just to let me know a bit about it, but I dont take what they say to fact
Gaff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#58  Edited By Gaff

Considering that about 90% of mine consists of gaming journalists: Twitter. Then again, 3/4 of the time I don't need a review. New entries in a franchise, internet buzz, podcasters' opinions, tweets, etc. 

Also: I can't believe I'm saying this, but that cross-Atlantic delay in launch dates? Awesome in that regards.

fleppie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#59  Edited By fleppie

I tend to go to IGN because their opinions can be so wildly different. That way i can see the differences and make up my own mind. if it was one aspect that GB loved while IGN hated i can quickly decide for myself whether or not that aspect will bother me or not. I also like cideo content, so I do visit GT as well.

Kjellm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Kjellm87

Oh wait, I used to listen to GT reviews, but it was spoil-tastic

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 5

#61  Edited By Yanngc33

I go to gamesradar

TheSmashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#62  Edited By TheSmashing

eurogamer.pt

Addfwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By Addfwyn

I don't actually come to GB for the reviews, as I rarely agree with their reviews.  1UP has some reviewers I do actually like, and Playstation Nation also has some pretty solid reviews (for playstation games obviously). 

That said, generally speaking I'm not big on reviews.  I prefer Giant Bomb Quick Looks specifically for that reason, I get to actually see the game being played and draw my own conclusions from that.  Sometimes I'll watch a quick look that the crew is super into, and I can tell it just isn't for me (Red Dead).  Other times, I'll be super into a game from the quick look that the team is kinda lukewarm on (GT5).