does it even exist

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By fr0br0

The team working on it was canned by Lucas Arts I believe. There is a chance that somebody else might pick it up, but when leaving, they posted some concept art of what they planned it to look like.

Giantsquirrel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Giantsquirrel

Dead.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

It was being worked on by Free Radical (now Crytek UK) and then they lost the rights to make it. I wouldn't say it's dead, it's more in some kind of weird limbo/coma.

AndrewGaspar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By AndrewGaspar

I hope somebody is able to buy up all the assets or something... that video was amazing.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

With a bit of luck, LucasArts will assign it to another developer (or re-assign it to Free Radical now that they're owned by crytek) and we'll see it released eventually.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

I would think the revenue potential of this game is too great for Lucas to pass up.  I wonder if they are planning on releasing this around the time the new Star Wars live action TV series is set to debut, supposedly sometime in 2010?

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By mikemcn

Isnt it being worked on by Rebellion Developments, the guys who made the psp battlefront

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Karmum

Still in development, without a developer, I suppose. Speculation leads to Pandemic Studios developing it (i.e. devs of the first two), but they are shooting that down. Free Radical Design (now Crytek UK), apparently lost the rights to develop it back in October. I doubt this is going down without a fight, per say, because the potential success from this game could be quite large.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10  Edited By RHCPfan24

Well, considering Free Radical has been picked up again, there is a chance it may see the light of day. However, i believe they were stripped of the rights to the license so unless Pandemic picks it up on their own accord, I have doubts that it will be released. It's a shame because I would love to see it.

lucas_kelly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By lucas_kelly

There was a leaked video of it which looked amazing, its shame the development team has gone bust because it looked very promising. Hopefully Crytek will pick it up.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Linkyshinks
lucas_kelly said:
"There was a leaked video of it which looked amazing, its shame the development team has gone bust because it looked very promising. Hopefully Crytek will pick it up. "

It looked awesome. I really hope it gets picked up again. Crytek, if they own the rights, will be able to make a stunning game using that previous work as a foundation.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By pause422

I said that video that was released, all the tech it used shown there was scrapped. if it gets picked up again it will look far different than shown there most likely. I'm kinda thinking its done though, and if it does ever come out, there's no telling if its even gonna come close to being a BF that anyone enjoys or should look forward to.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Linkyshinks

Crytek will make a far better game anyway.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pause422

When exactly was it said that Crytek now owned the rights? I never heard that yet, so I'm just curious.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By penguindust
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVKasNTrzWs

And there are some "leaked" renders of characters running around the net as well.  Considering the change in direction that the console Battlefield has made, I think there is room for this Battlefront 3 to succeed.
pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pause422

That's all scrapped old stuff now though.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Linkyshinks
pause422 said:
"When exactly was it said that Crytek now owned the rights? I never heard that yet, so I'm just curious."

Never, but is a safe assumption. From what I can make out, in buying Free Radical, they also attained rights to all their currently running projects, including TimeSplitters and SW:B3.

With something as huge as Star Wars, Crytek would had to have come to a deal with Lucas Arts and got the go ahead. I cannot see LucasArts saying no and turning down a developer of the high standard of Crytek, can you, especially now they have Cry Engine 3 for consoles.

It's listed as Cryek on the page:

http://www.giantbomb.com/star-wars-battlefront-iii/61-24949/

kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19  Edited By kashif1

damn i was hoping for news n this during e3

Avatar image for shadowsaber_806
ShadowSaber_806

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShadowSaber_806

I like the renegade squadren for the psp, and look forward to Elite Squadren, but I would much rather have a new console battlefront.