#1 Edited by RonnyLee19881 (56 posts) -

It's all I care about internet wise at the moment Lol

#2 Edited by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

Giant Bomb has an obvious editorial bias against Nintendo.

#3 Posted by vikingdeath1 (1005 posts) -

they probably will not do one, it's a game that came out almost a decade ago and its big videogame release season. they are probably busy with games that people don't already know are great.

the HD version is pretty great though.

#4 Edited by Animasta (14719 posts) -

Alex's been playing it, try tweeting at him?

#5 Posted by slyspider (1366 posts) -

The guys cover what they want to cover. I don't know if any of them care about this game.

#6 Posted by RenegadeDoppelganger (418 posts) -

Alex said basically all that need's to be said about that game in this weeks Bombin': It's Wind Waker, it's pretty and that game still holds up.

#7 Posted by MEATBALL (3475 posts) -

To be fair, the game hasn't even seen physical release yet. I'm sure we'll get a quick look either this weekend or next week. It also wouldn't surprise me if Nintendo have some sort of embargo on long-form footage until October 4th (though I'm unsure on how that stuff works with the game available to purchase digitally already).

Wouldn't be surprised to see a review from Alex soon enough.

#8 Posted by Nodima (1292 posts) -

I'd really like them to do it if only to hear them talking about the world when Wind Waker was first announced and released (always an interesting time to reflect on, as Alex and Scoops pointed out, given the direction of the series afterward). Also, I don't and likely never will own a Wii U so my chances of seeing this game unless the Bombcrew does something with it are effectively nil.

#9 Posted by TheHT (11781 posts) -
#10 Posted by Bocam (3822 posts) -

It's No Content Wednesdays: Three Guys in an Office, the follow up to the canceled hit show No Content Mondays: They're still getting used to the Office.

Brad may do one after that Kingdom Hearts HD QL

#11 Edited by AngriGhandi (792 posts) -

I really hope they do one, when they are allowed to / remember the game exists / find where they put the Wii U.

I'm really interested to see how the Zelda game I keep wanting to call the best Zelda game-- even based purely on what it represents for the series-- holds up when brought forward to a modern look and placed against modern grumpiness.

I mean, at the time it came out I only thought it was exciting and beautiful and cool and surprisingly possessed of the best story of any Zelda game. But nowadays, it's turned into even more than that, because it's now the last Zelda game with any kind of integrity.

(Before they started pandering to all those "edgy dark brooding tough extreem Legolas-looking Link in a game like Ocarina of Time over and over again forever" jerks who didn't realize what they were asking for and ruined everything.)

So yeah, I think a lot of people are super-curious to see that game-- and I think the staff will probably take that into account. I would hope.

#12 Edited by NoelVeiga (1115 posts) -

@theht said:

Here you go.

Except it's prettier.

Why does he keep saying THE Ocarina of Time? What the hell? Is that the official name? I'm sure it isn't the official name.

Also, how much better have these guys gotten on camera, huh?

#13 Posted by Darji (5293 posts) -

It will be probably shown if its out on retail. So far its only some pre order download bonus or?

#14 Posted by MasturbatingestBear (1197 posts) -

@theht said:

Here you go.

Except it's prettier.

Why does he keep saying THE Ocarina of Time? What the hell? Is that the official name? I'm sure it isn't the official name.

Over the past summer I was looking for old GS videos and found a post from 2002 on some random forum talking about how the Gamespot guys were starting to do video. People were shocked to see Greg and Jeff's faces and didn't like them on camera at all. It's hilarious in hindsight seeing as GiantBomb is all about video content now.

#15 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2404 posts) -

A quick look could happen when the game has it's physical release.

#16 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@bocam said:

But doesn't he have that Killer is Dead review to wrap up first?

#17 Posted by Hunter5024 (5963 posts) -

The beginning of that game is really boring, I don't know if a Quick Look would be very good.

#18 Posted by Nightriff (5335 posts) -

It isn't necessary

#19 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12110 posts) -

The beginning of that game is really boring, I don't know if a Quick Look would be very good.

Oh, just imagine them trying to get through that early game stealth sequence on camera.

#20 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@bocam said:

But doesn't he have that Killer is Dead review to wrap up first?

Not before he finishes his Final Fantasy IV DS review.

#21 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@hunter5024 said:

Oh, just imagine them trying to get through that early game stealth sequence on camera.

Oh, oh? Are you gonna sneak.....no, he's gonna spot you.
AAAGGHHH! That fucking spotlight man, it just came out of nowhere.
What'd I tell ya, Brad?
Sure looks like a barrel of fun. AWAOH!

#22 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12110 posts) -
#23 Posted by csl316 (9437 posts) -

@theht said:

Here you go.

Except it's prettier.

According to the GB wiki, there is no The (except for The Legend of etc.) And thus, Jeff's mistakes from 10 years ago come back to lead to his eventual downfall.

And guys on camera... those old Brad videos support your claims. And holy shit, the days of 15 minute video reviews!

#24 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@noelveiga said:

@theht said:

Here you go.

Except it's prettier.

Over the past summer I was looking for old GS videos and found a post from 2002 on some random forum talking about how the Gamespot guys were starting to do video. People were shocked to see Greg and Jeff's faces and didn't like them on camera at all. It's hilarious in hindsight seeing as GiantBomb is all about video content now.

To be fair, everyone involved was a lot more awkward on camera in the early days.

@video_game_king: That seems accurate.

Yep. Maybe they could include a count-down clock. Time to Brad blaming the game for his own glaring mistakes. :P

#25 Edited by Hunter5024 (5963 posts) -

@hailinel said:

Yep. Maybe they could include a count-down clock. Time to Brad blaming the game for his own glaring mistakes. :P

That stealth sequence is kind of annoying though, even without cameras rolling.

#26 Edited by TruthTellah (9472 posts) -

@video_game_king: Well now I feel like I've already seen the Quick Look. Spoiler Alert, jeezzz...

#27 Edited by MEATBALL (3475 posts) -
@bocam said:

It's No Content Wednesdays: Three Guys in an Office, the follow up to the canceled hit show No Content Mondays: They're still getting used to the Office.

It's my personal hope that we haven't gotten a Kingdom Hearts HD QL because it's being saved for a certain feature that may require much endurance - either that or a subscriber features, but mostly the former.

#28 Posted by crithon (3441 posts) -

Patrick and Alex said they played it and loved it.

#29 Posted by McLargepants (394 posts) -

Alex said it holds up and looks great, and Nintendo made it very inconvenient for them to do Wii U quick looks with their account management and saves that are tied to the device. Although based on Twitter, Brad just got a Wii U, so who knows?

#30 Posted by Morningstar (2239 posts) -

@hailinel said:
@arbitrarywater said:

Wouldn't be much of a count-down though ^^

#31 Posted by MEATBALL (3475 posts) -

The Forbidden Fortress actually seems to have been tweaked a little bit so that you have a little more leeway with the guards. (y)

#32 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

Alex said it holds up and looks great, and Nintendo made it very inconvenient for them to do Wii U quick looks with their account management and saves that are tied to the device. Although based on Twitter, Brad just got a Wii U, so who knows?

It's not inconvenient. They just can't use their home accounts. Surely they must have at least one Wii U in the office.

#33 Edited by YoThatLimp (1938 posts) -

Dudes don't review video games anymore.

#34 Posted by McLargepants (394 posts) -

@hailinel: They surely do, but do you want to see a Quick Look of the opening 45 minutes of the game? That's what it would be if they do one on the office machine.

#35 Edited by AMyggen (3635 posts) -

@hailinel: Of course it's inconvenient if you want to use a save from home. The beginning of Wind Waker is the worst part of the game (which can be said for a lot of Nintendo games, really), so I sure don't hope they begin from the very start.

#36 Posted by Sammo21 (3543 posts) -

@ronnylee19881: Honestly, there will probably not be anytime and its not going to be enough of a traffic generator. Alex would probably be the one to do it and he's busy with other titles at the moment. Also, if you liked Wind Waker you'll like Wind Waker HD. That's basically it.

#37 Posted by Sammo21 (3543 posts) -

@amyggen: That's not true. The worst part of Wind Waker was always the triforce hunt. Nintendo always makes their 3D Zelda games 10-15 hours too long and the triforce hunt was another example of this. This is always why they truncated that portion of the game in the HD re-release.

#38 Posted by Zekhariah (695 posts) -

@ronnylee19881: Windwaker is probably a poor fit for the site's content schedule. I'd have trouble suggesting coverage of any of the Wii U related content running a website; doesn't really fit the covered categories or verge into a weird enough direction to be novel.

#39 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

@ronnylee19881: Windwaker is probably a poor fit for the site's content schedule. I'd have trouble suggesting coverage of any of the Wii U related content running a website; doesn't really fit the covered categories or verge into a weird enough direction to be novel.

They did a Quick Look of Ocarina of Time 3D. A Wind Waker HD Quick Look would not be outside their norm.

#40 Posted by Zekhariah (695 posts) -

I would argue that the 3DS is in a bit of a different category than Wii U. Doing WW is still possible, but my guess would be an appearance on a more general show if it comes up.

#41 Posted by Hailinel (25205 posts) -

I would argue that the 3DS is in a bit of a different category than Wii U. Doing WW is still possible, but my guess would be an appearance on a more general show if it comes up.

Zelda is Zelda, and the Wii U is still a platform with games that people can and do buy.

#42 Posted by Mikular (163 posts) -

So Brad mentoned a Quick Look incoming in the latest Bombcast. So, confirmed, I guess.