• 79 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -

/Ping Jade Raymond

Jade Raymond

Her wiki page says "Splinter Cell: Blacklist" but she doesn't talk in public about games anymore because of too much unwanted attention?

#2 Edited by DeF (4775 posts) -

Because she is the head of Ubi Toronto and not a producer who does promo anymore. But I would be lying if I said her interviews weren't a big part in getting me pumped for the first Assassin's Creed.

#3 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -

@DeF: Okay, thanks DeF.

#4 Posted by CaLe (3897 posts) -

Where is Kurt Russell? That's what I want to know.

#5 Posted by Funkydupe (3305 posts) -
#6 Posted by Brodehouse (9515 posts) -

Where is J Allard.

Only the naked city knows.

#7 Posted by frenchdork (90 posts) -

From what I heard, they gave her that job because they couldn't stand her anymore in Montreal. Apparently she's a grade A bitch to be around.

#8 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Probably at work most of the time and then at home.  
You know, stuff that humans do all of the time (if they have a job, that is. Waste of time going to work if you don't have a job)

Online
#10 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

I don't know who that is, but I hope that someone has found her.

#11 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -

We can't be trusted with Jade Raymond anymore. This is why we can't have nice things.

#12 Posted by ShaggE (6289 posts) -

I ask myself that every day.

#13 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Who is she and why is she so goodlooking?

#14 Posted by BonOrbitz (2137 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Where is Kurt Russell? That's what I want to know.

I wish the answer was "on the set of Big Trouble in Little China 2".

#15 Posted by N7 (3572 posts) -

Who killed Laura Palmer?

#16 Edited by Spoonman671 (4523 posts) -
@AhmadMetallic said:

Who is she and why is she so goodlooking?

She was the producer on the original Assassin's Creed game.
 
EDIT:  Oh, and science has yet to find an explanation for why she is so smoking hot.
#17 Posted by DeF (4775 posts) -

@N7 said:

Who killed Laura Palmer?

David Lynch himself!

@Spoonman671 said:

@AhmadMetallic said:
Who is she and why is she so goodlooking?
She was the producer on the original Assassin's Creed game.

I think the second part of the question is the more important one to answer :)

#18 Posted by Spoonman671 (4523 posts) -
@DeF: Fixed it.
#19 Posted by Istealdreams (148 posts) -

The hypocrisy of gamers never ceases to amaze. " How dare they sexualize women!!!" "DUDE SHE IS SO HOT!"

#20 Posted by Jayzilla (2554 posts) -

Rosebud.

Online
#21 Posted by pyromagnestir (4194 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Who is she and why is she so goodlooking?

Rephrase this a bit and you've got my second favorite pick up line. My favorite, of course, is bursting into tears.

#22 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@pyromagnestir said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Who is she and why is she so goodlooking?

Rephrase this a bit and you've got my second favorite pick up line. My favorite, of course, is bursting into tears.

Does it work?
#23 Edited by pyromagnestir (4194 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic: You'd be surprised.

#24 Posted by Irvandus (2774 posts) -

She's hanging out with Carmen Sandiago.

#25 Posted by GaspoweR (2741 posts) -

@AhmadMetallic said:

Who is she and why is she so goodlooking?

You never followed the first AC coverage? She was pretty much part of its promos as a producer along with Patrice Desilets, the original director before he left Ubi and went to THQ.

#26 Edited by rjayb89 (7716 posts) -

Whoever made that comic of her made her sad. (comic is nsfw)

#27 Posted by Salarn (463 posts) -

@Funkydupe: She's is currently on maternity leave, but was working hard at the studio up until the last possible moment. Her most recent interview can be found here.

Heck of a great studio head.

#28 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@GaspoweR said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

Who is she and why is she so goodlooking?

You never followed the first AC coverage? She was pretty much part of its promos as a producer along with Patrice Desilets, the original director before he left Ubi and went to THQ.

Oh right, she's the woman who showed the Acre castle mission before AC1 came out. Man, that hype was insanely good <3
#29 Posted by AngelN7 (2970 posts) -

I dunno... working at Ubisoft?

#30 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -
@Salarn said:

@Funkydupe: She's is currently on maternity leave...

wat
#31 Posted by ExplodeMode (852 posts) -

Hiding because you're looking for her.

#32 Edited by believer258 (11557 posts) -

@Istealdreams said:

The hypocrisy of gamers never ceases to amaze. " How dare they sexualize women!!!" "DUDE SHE IS SO HOT!"

I really, really don't want to turn this into *that* discussion, but there's a difference between announcing that you find someone attractive and proclaiming being attractive as their most important attribute. The issue lies in the latter; the former is something that both men and women do very, very often.

#33 Posted by Salarn (463 posts) -

@Jimbo said:

@Salarn said:

@Funkydupe: She's is currently on maternity leave...

wat

Was that sentence confusing?

#34 Edited by TheSouthernDandy (3759 posts) -

Kinda glad she's not doing the press stuff for games. Then I don't have to read the comments that are basically "She's only talking cuz she's hot she doesn't know nuthin bout makin games derp!"

Gross.

@believer258 said:

@Istealdreams said:

The hypocrisy of gamers never ceases to amaze. " How dare they sexualize women!!!" "DUDE SHE IS SO HOT!"

I really, really don't want to turn this into *that* discussion, but there's a difference between announcing that you find someone attractive and proclaiming being attractive as their most important attribute. The issue lies in the latter; the former is something that both men and women do very, very often.

Thank you.

#35 Posted by Jimbo (9767 posts) -
@Salarn said:

@Jimbo said:

@Salarn said:

@Funkydupe: She's is currently on maternity leave...

wat

Was that sentence confusing?

No, just soul-destroying :(
#36 Posted by Istealdreams (148 posts) -

yup, that is why more than half of the posts about her in this topic wondering about "where she is", are about how hot she is instead.

#37 Posted by TheSlothKing (328 posts) -

Where is Mr. Caffeine?

#38 Posted by warxsnake (2634 posts) -

She is the studio head of Ubi Toronto, i.e. not a producer anymore but much more important and much less advertised. 
 
Much like most people don't know who Yannis Mallat is, studio head of Ubi Montreal. 

#39 Posted by Largo6661 (331 posts) -

@CaLe: You and me both brother!

#40 Edited by jakob187 (21640 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Where is Kurt Russell? That's what I want to know.

He's working with friend of the site Gary Whitta. = D

As for Jade Raymond, they moved her to being the head of another setup, as they found that people were too busy focusing on the fact that she was an attractive woman rather than the games she was making.

#41 Posted by ajamafalous (11802 posts) -
@rjayb89 said:

Whoever made that comic of her made her sad. (comic is nsfw)

Just looked it up; Christ.
#42 Posted by EndlessObsidian (473 posts) -

She is busy dating me. :P

#43 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@ajamafalous said:
@rjayb89 said:

Whoever made that comic of her made her sad. (comic is nsfw)

Just looked it up; Christ.
I just saw it too and yeah; Christ... 
 
Can't say I'm surprised though seeing as who the most vocal people on the internet usually are. 
Online
#44 Posted by Zleunamme (647 posts) -

Maybe she doesn't like being known as one of the very few women in the gaming industry who happens to pretty. The false rumors of her posing for Maxium. The controversy of the disgusting web comic that someone made of her being passed around the internet. Jade Raymond has been keeping a low profile since then. It all goes back to an issue which some people on the forums don't seem to like, to feminism in gaming. The negative portrayal of women in video games. The by-product of not enough women in the gaming industry or the press.

Some people are going to say that it is a double standard. That Ubisoft was using her good looks to promote Assassins Creed and blah, blah blah. It's not okay to treat a person with disrespect and perverse vitriol that she got.

#45 Posted by wjb (1620 posts) -

Are we actually curious as to what she's working on these days, or are we just tired of masturbating to the same photos of her from five years ago? Be honest!

#46 Posted by Sharpless (457 posts) -

@frenchdork said:

From what I heard, they gave her that job because they couldn't stand her anymore in Montreal. Apparently she's a grade A bitch to be around.

Can we please just draw attention to this and how terrible it is? Yes, let's start slandering a woman in the video game industry without any sources cited to back up our claims. Oh, and let's call her a bitch, too. This is the sexist equivalent of, "My friend's dad totally works at Nintendo, and he said..."

Gamers seriously just need to leave Jade Raymond alone. I have little doubt that gamers' crass response to her, well, existence is what drove her out of the spotlight. She is an extremely attractive woman. Okay? Okay. The world is full of extremely attractive women. Stop simultaneously worshiping them and treating them as though they're subhuman, just because they work in the video game industry. For all relevant intents and purposes, they are literally -- literally -- no different from their male counterparts, body parts aside.

#47 Posted by Wikitoups (767 posts) -

Dat smile

Also holy shit that pic of Kirk Russell looks badass.

#48 Edited by Dagbiker (6938 posts) -

@Sharpless said:

@frenchdork said:

From what I heard, they gave her that job because they couldn't stand her anymore in Montreal. Apparently she's a grade A bitch to be around.

Can we please just draw attention to this and how terrible it is? Yes, let's start slandering a woman in the video game industry without any sources cited to back up our claims. Oh, and let's call her a bitch, too. This is the sexist equivalent of, "My friend's dad totally works at Nintendo, and he said..."

Gamers seriously just need to leave Jade Raymond alone. I have little doubt that gamers' crass response to her, well, existence is what drove her out of the spotlight. She is an extremely attractive woman. Okay? Okay. The world is full of extremely attractive women. Stop simultaneously worshiping them and treating them as though they're subhuman, just because they work in the video game industry. For all relevant intents and purposes, they are literally -- literally -- no different from their male counterparts, body parts aside.

Yah, except no one complains when some one says their dad works at Nintendo. ( i do agree that some of the comments in this thread are a little on the sexist side, and if we hadent just had a whole week of growing pains then i dont think they would bother me as much. )

#49 Posted by BestUsernameEver (4825 posts) -

@Brodehouse said:

Where is J Allard. Only the naked city knows.

Apparently when the courier tablet was cancelled by Microsoft, allard was fired left the company to pursue action sports unemployment.

#50 Edited by DonutFever (3547 posts) -

In the deserts of New Mexico, cooking meth to pay off her debts before she inevitably dies of lung cancer.