#1 Posted by MackGyver (517 posts) -

I watched the QL for NFS Most Wanted 2012 and it got me thinking about how I miss the story in the original Most Wanted and how awesome Underground 2 was. I wonder why they removed the story part from this new game to make it more Burnout. Also, WHERE THE HELL IS UNDERGROUND 3??????????

#2 Posted by Bell_End (1208 posts) -

not sure dude.

#3 Posted by ShinjiEx (624 posts) -

Guys who made Burnout made the latest Need for Speed game...

#4 Posted by Sackmanjones (4652 posts) -

Underground bro

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (14562 posts) -

Yeah fuck them for removing the story. Racing games have had such a high benchmark for stories that its downright insulting that they didn't give us something.

#6 Posted by MackGyver (517 posts) -

Exactly, I feel like racing games are going the way of FPS games. Make similar games in the genre per year, make it fast and action-packed, don't even bother with the story because kids these days want ACTION.

#7 Edited by PeteyCoco (96 posts) -

Remember how sick of the underground racing scene everyone was and how great it was that they were rebooting Need For Speed with Hot Pursuit, a game that returned the series to its arcade roots? No?

#8 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@MackGyver said:

I watched the QL for NFS Most Wanted 2012 and it got me thinking about how I miss the story in the original Most Wanted and how awesome Underground 2 was. I wonder why they removed the story part from this new game to make it more Burnout. Also, WHERE THE HELL IS UNDERGROUND 3??????????

I fricking loved Underground 2, dunno what happened to the NFS games getting rid of crazy car customization, used to love pimping my rides even chucking sweet subwoofers in the back for no reason.

#9 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@MackGyver said:

I fricking loved Underground 2, dunno what happened to the NFS games getting rid of crazy car customization, used to love pimping my rides even chucking sweet subwoofers in the back for no reason.

SOOOO MANY SUBWOOFERS!! FOR NO REASON! The customization from that game with the gameplay of OG Most Wanted is what I wanted from the new Most Wanted. It sucks that it isn't that.

#10 Posted by Tofford (526 posts) -

underground was all about the soundtrack. It had everything from Snoop, Rise Against and The Doors

#11 Posted by Daiphyer (1308 posts) -

Underground 2 is pretty much my favorite racing game. The customization, the city, the cars, just everything.

And I have to admit. I kind of don't like what they've done to Most Wanted. Keep your Burnout out of my Need for Speed. I just wanted Most Wanted, dammit.

#12 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Manhattan_Project said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@MackGyver said:

SOOOO MANY SUBWOOFERS!! FOR NO REASON! The customization from that game with the gameplay of OG Most Wanted is what I wanted from the new Most Wanted. It sucks that it isn't that.

Yep all that mixed in with the free roam activitys of Burnout Paradise and a locked 60fps would of been my ideal game, kind of what I was expecting so disapointed they went with textures and lighting over 60FPS.

#13 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

Coming from Underground, I thought Underground 2 was kinda disappointing. Maybe that's just because I hate free roam in racing games. But yeah, Underground 3 could be pretty cool. So much pointless customisation...

#14 Posted by JacDG (2114 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Manhattan_Project said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@MackGyver said:

Yep all that mixed in with the free roam activitys of Burnout Paradise and a locked 60fps would of been my ideal game, kind of what I was expecting so disapointed they went with textures and lighting over 60FPS.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles was almost that for me, really enjoyed that game.

#15 Edited by Manhattan_Project (2119 posts) -

@JacDG said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Manhattan_Project said:

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@MackGyver said:

Midnight Club: Los Angeles was almost that for me, really enjoyed that game.

I liked Midnight Club: LA but the actual racing was sub par compared to NFS.

#16 Posted by MackGyver (517 posts) -

I wonder if EA has forgotten or chose to ignore the Underground series in favor of "what brings in the cash". I'm going to reinstall Underground 2.

#17 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

I think Underground 1 was the best Underground.