#1 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

This mod is perfect for the bombcrew.! Make it happen giantbomb! What are you guys waiting for this mod made Arma2 the most populair game on steam.

#2 Posted by GERALTITUDE (3310 posts) -

Word to that.

#3 Edited by CL60 (16906 posts) -
#4 Posted by c0l0nelp0c0rn1 (1807 posts) -
#5 Posted by bassman2112 (837 posts) -
#6 Posted by 49th (2755 posts) -

1:30:42

I'm in the video!!

#7 Posted by Patman99 (1581 posts) -

I feel like they should revisit it. The original video was mired by the instability of the mod. As I understand it, the mod is much more stable and thus would make a more enjoyable/satisfying quick look. Also, I think it would make for an interesting TNT but that is just me...

#8 Posted by Edin899 (627 posts) -

LoL when did this happen? Do it again giantbomb!

#9 Posted by Lukeweizer (2679 posts) -
#10 Posted by Village_Guy (2574 posts) -

I second (well, third) the notion that they should do another dive into DayZ - I kinda thought that was going to happen, since they named it something different than just a Quick Look.

#11 Posted by Otzlowe (337 posts) -

I don't understand the fascination with this mod. I played it for a few weeks and realized that there's not much to do but interact with people and everyone shoots on sight, making that somewhat of an unlikely thing.

That, and every time I died, without fail, was due to a bug, hackers or server instability and that got annoying kinda fast. I wanted to like it, but ehhhh. :(

#12 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

That look wasn't very quick, I want my money back!

#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10999 posts) -

I think the "problem" is that they didn't label it a Quick Look, which (probably) makes it slightly harder to find, especially since it doesn't have its own page. But I'm sure they had reasons for not labeling it a Quick Look (like it kicking them out, and them playing other games).

#14 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@Otzlowe said:

I don't understand the fascination with this mod. I played it for a few weeks and realized that there's not much to do but interact with people and everyone shoots on sight, making that somewhat of an unlikely thing.

That, and every time I died, without fail, was due to a bug, hackers or server instability and that got annoying kinda fast. I wanted to like it, but ehhhh. :(

I pretty much feel the same way. It has a lot of potential, and it's still in alpha, but the "end game" is basically a buggy FFA deathmatch. It's fun when everything works and most the people on the servers aren't complete dicks, but that's pretty rare. Not writing it off yet, but as of now I've pretty much seen all it has to offer.

Once you actually get kitted up well, there's nothing to do really but defend yourself against (or grief) people that will invariably try to kill you since you're running around with a sniper rifle and a wookie suit. Even the player that has the best intentions most of the time will most likely just try to gank you the first chance they get.

Again, not writing it off yet, though.

#15 Posted by Otzlowe (337 posts) -

@Grimhild said:

@Otzlowe said:

I pretty much feel the same way. It has a lot of potential, and it's still in alpha, but the "end game" is basically a buggy FFA deathmatch. It's fun when everything works and most the people on the servers aren't complete dicks, but that's pretty rare. Not writing it off yet, but as of now I've pretty much seen all it has to offer.

Once you actually get kitted up well, there's nothing to do really but defend yourself against (or grief) people that will invariably try to kill you since you're running around with a sniper rifle and a wookie suit. Even the player that has the best intentions most of the time will most likely just try to gank you the first chance they get.

Again, not writing it off yet, though.

I think I've written it off, but not due to a lack of potential. I mostly just decided that, of all the comparable time-sink games I have ever played, less fun happened in those spans of time. That, and I'm a carebear and don't shoot other players. For me, that makes the end game, "Eat food and don't die," so I figured I'd be better off just playing regular ArmaA II.

#16 Edited by hwy_61 (922 posts) -

I also vote for this QL to happen. Many LOLs to be had.

EDIT: Dum-Dumb moment, totally missed the post answering this post.

#17 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@Otzlowe:

Totally valid statement.

It's not so much the PvP aspect of it I have an issue with, and one part of me really likes it since it adds excitement to it, it's just that it feels kind of pointless right now other than to just be a douche. Like I mentioned in another post, if they introduced a rebuilding mechanic where several or a dozen players had to work together to rebuild and fortify a town that would sustain their food and water, or at least have a walled area that was safe from zombies that they could use as a base camp, I would be much more interested in it again. At least then people would have a more tangible reason for the coop/PvP playstyle dichotomy.

#18 Posted by WilliamHenry (1203 posts) -

@hwy_61 said:

I also vote for this QL to happen. Many LOLs to be had.

Did you not read the thread?

#19 Posted by hwy_61 (922 posts) -

@WilliamHenry: DOH!!! Thanks for that, I skimmed through the first couple of replies!

#20 Posted by Otzlowe (337 posts) -

@Grimhild: Oh man, I could totally get behind that. That would be great! Being able to put your resources toward something bigger-picture like that would actually be a lot of fun. (Probably also nearly impossible), but I would play the shit out of that.

#21 Posted by Grimhild (723 posts) -

@Otzlowe:

Yeah, it was actually kind of weird to me when I first logged in with some friends and I asked what the long term goal was, and everyone just kind of gave me the "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..." answer. What to humans usually do after a catastrophe? Regroup and rebuild. Seemed like a given to me lol

/shrug

#22 Posted by AjayRaz (12427 posts) -

this is a very good idea they should do it