Where is the love?!?!?!

• 60 results
myxzlplkts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

This coming console launch is the first time I have been able to get a brand new shinny console on launch day so, naturally, I am super excited. In this excitement I have found my self wanting to take in every drop of news or info on my new toy (that would be the Xbox One if you're interested.) In doing this I can't help but see that there is a lot of negativity going on this console launch. Most of it is aimed at Microsoft but I have seen some thrown Sony's way as well. It baffles me to no end that people feel the need to justify their purchase or non-purchase by trashing the competition. I for one want both consoles to succeed. This should be an exciting time because, for all we know, this may be the last console generation. Don't get me wrong I have seen some posts out there that are positive. I also know that this is the internet and snark and negativity permeate through the whole of it. It's still just a little aggravating to see. I know that Microsoft and Sony both have made some missteps but I highly doubt in 2 or 3 years we will even be talking about them. Lets get excited people the new generation is here and at the very least that means new games!!!!! Which to me is very exciting!

ValeYard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ValeYard

Duder, I totally agree. I'm trying desperately to get pumped, because this is also the first time I am getting a console on launch (going for Xbox One cause I can't afford both).

I think the general feeling of negativity is complicated stemming from many sources, reactionary bad 'game journalists' being one of them. The GB guys do a great job of staying calm about all this. IGN posts ridiculous fanboy bating stuff all the time.

Hopefully, when the consoles get into peoples hands, the new experiences, the better OSs will win over hearts and minds.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Meh, its a console launch bud. Unfortunately its the same every time. I guess with systems being so expensive it just adds to people needing some type of comfort that they have made the right choice in whatever one they pick. It also seems that this time round its the first time I can think of that there's a noticeable PC parity with the new console and neither one is really pushing something unique that the other doesn't have (Blu-ray with PS3, motion controls for the Wii etc) which detracts a little from the buzz. I'm with you however, I wish people would remember that this shit happens every time and just enjoy it for once, it'll settle down and reach a level between systems that keeps most happy. I'm picking up the XB1 and am looking forward to getting some Dead Rising 3 time in (I'd say one of my favorite series on current gen).

Enjoy your new console.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

I think what is exciting about it is the future potential. Right now there is shit all to play at launch with plenty of awesome games coming in early 2014 for current consoles.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am going for a ps4 and totally stoked about next gen. Launch lineups are always shakey, it's not a big deal. Great games await!

I hope to pickup a Xbone within the next 4 months too. The power of Dead Rising 3 compels me (even if it's not so great)

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There's fuck all to play on those shiny new consoles, and as a PC owner, I've had "next gen" graphics for quite a while now. So as of right now, I'm much more excited for what I'm having for dinner tonight (it's pizza), than I am for the new consoles.

I don't see why that should lessen your excitement, though. I hope you have an awesome time with your new console!

Avatar image for citizencoffeecake
citizencoffeecake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Yea it's always like this and since this is the first time you actually have preorder you're just looking at stories/opinions more. I have a PS4 preorder that I'm thinking about canceling since Watchdogs got delayed. Launches are usually a bit lackluster but there's nothing like powering up a new console for the first time. Enjoy it.

Stete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Having to deal with a small range of ridiculously overpriced cookie cutter titles for at least a year is not love, that's just pure stockholm syndrome.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#9  Edited By Brendan

I was like you when the 360 launched.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just wish people was more positive overall. Instead of shitting on everything they don't like the just the tiniest bit - they should celebrate the good things. And not celebrate them like I got this shit and, haha, you don't!

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

this may be the last console generation.

Aside from a nuclear war or giant space rock, I think video games will be around for a while.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe "the negativity" is coming from the change in culture due to readily available and constant access to web and social sites. You can now be semi-anonymous here so many will instead of posting "I think I'll wait" they are inclined to post instead "Are you a REDACTED? Of course you should REDACTED wait instead of being a REDACTED REDACTED!"

ps. I just wanted to play with the text tools.

PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PillClinton

Well, PC's gonna get even better. So I like that. Also, very much looking forward to getting an Xbox One... controller.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't get excited when the game that screams next-generation to me got pushed back to next year. Also the first shipments have completely sold out so I wouldn't be able to get a PS4 even if Watch Dogs was is releasing on launch.

Scullinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Scullinator

I took the safe route and baught a wii u a month ago when the zelda bundle came out. I was burned 360 at launch with 3 console failures, red ring of death and two more that just quit reading discs. Ill enjoy my wiiu and sit back and watch as sony and Microsoft battle it out till there are some price drops and a clear winner.

EXTomar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmm....aren't there something like 3 games out for the WiiU from now to March 2014? I'm not sure you've made a solid tactical move on this.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where is the love?!?!?!

The Black Eye Peas sold it for bland, uninspired technobeats :P

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#18  Edited By MightyDuck

For some reason, I'm not as excited about this console launch as past ones.

I still remember how exciting it was in grade school when it was constantly Genesis vs SNES and PS1 vs N64 (I was a Genesis and PS1 kid). That was probably the most exciting. Maybe it's because I'm getting older? Maybe it's because there is not much at launch that I would be interested in that I couldn't just pick up on current gen?

I figure I'll probably pick up a PS4 come next Spring. I can see myself getting the new Infamous to start things off, but right now I'm content with what I have.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm less excited for new consoles than new games specs and features are very low. And since the Xbox 360 we KNOW the first batch will have major problems. So me? I'm waiting a year to get excited. I didn't get a PS3 till a year the slim came out.

myxzlplkts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By myxzlplkts

I wouldn't say any of this lessens my excitement. It just makes me not want to read message boards about said consoles. I should have really known better I guess. I am still super stoked for the 15th and 22nd even if I am just getting the XB1.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The resurgence of the PC has a lot to do with it, not to mention it's already running circles around the new hardware from a performance standpoint right out the gate.

thatdutchguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's just not that exciting anymore.

Maybe i'm just getting too old for this shit.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By RandomHero666

Like others have said, I think PC gaming has something to do with it. In the past year, 4 of my xbox friends have switched to gaming on PC.

I want a new console, but only to play 2 or 3 games that aren't on PC.

Hopefully the steambox can merge both markets eventually.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@myxzlplkts: Sometimes analysts pull things out of their ass just to legitimize their jobs. With as much money as consoles make, I wouldn't be the slightest bit worried that this is the last generation.

Avatar image for deactivated-62f93c42ce57b
deactivated-62f93c42ce57b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

just dont care. im done with consoles. we had fun, but they just don't offer me anything worthwhile that i can't get on a pc

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love is over.

There's no justice.

Next-gen has no games.

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New console excitement is creeping up behind me. I'm done with 360 gtav was a great sendoff, been playing more on pc but ready for a new Xbox.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oddly I'm more excited for this launch than any launch in recent memory. When I think back to launches I've been around for over the course of my life I was either too young to care or simply found no reason to care until several years after they had been out. I distinctly remember how completely apathetic I was for the PS3 and 360 at launch.

Not that this is actually going to translate into me running out and buying one at launch, or that there's any games coming out in the near future I really need to have, but I feel pretty ready for this next-gen to get under way.

Fearbeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

This console generation went on too long which means people who wanted to upgrade earlier bought a PC. Most of the people lacking enthusiasm seem to be in this boat. It's hard to get excited about Battlefield 4 when you already have it on PC, but for those looking to finally upgrade console to console this should be exciting.

Plus you always have the console flame war idiots which are unavoidable. Personally I'm grabbing both on day 1 which I haven't done since the Dreamcast so I'm excited.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

720 vs 1080 and 30 vs 60 fps...people complaining about this need to get over it. If you want the best performance get a PC.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

People are bad people. Its hard to find people worth talking about videogames, much less actually gaming and being friends with them. Even if we might have the same system, its unfortunate that I assume that its hardly worth conversing with others these days on games.

And if anything, its hard to stay positive at all about games I'm actually excited about, without icing myself about any reactions about who might be excited. I've been trying a little hard to keep saying the term "next-gen" (rather than just PS4) whenever I go to other gaming lobby things, like PS Home. Its just strange I guess, and I'm sad to think that this stuff is not gonna get any better.

"Game what you wanna game, and don't listen to what anybody thinks," gets pretty trodden sometimes. Is love over? I dunno.

And talking with family is way fucking easier, at least. They're oblivious.

Nekroskop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nekroskop

I could afford both easily, but I'd rather wait. I've been burned by lackluster launches before. I implore you guys to do the same.

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Love is a lie. Only booze and good company suffice.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

NSA spying on people, DRM, really nothing really innovative, graphics don't look better and those are off the top of my head.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I blame HD video. In previous console launches, we couldn't tell if a texture looked crappier because things were still blurry. We'd take their word for it, or be impressed with EGM screenshots.

Now you have comparison videos and Youtubers saying things, and people can easily just point out why PC's are better.

I prefer laptops, though, so I'm pretty excited about finally getting something new.

Imst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People killing people dying!!

Crysack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

720 vs 1080 and 30 vs 60 fps...people complaining about this need to get over it. If you want the best performance get a PC.

They probably already have a PC.

They might be frustrated because it seems like we're about to enter another gen where consoles are incapable of outputting 1080p and PCs are stuck with the ports rather than games that actually push the limitations of their hardware. Meanwhile, even current PC hardware is almost capable of outputting 4k.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I'm extremely hyped for the PS4 controller, does that count? Going to buy one for my PC years before i get the actual console. <3

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By chrissedoff

Yeah I was looking forward to taking in all the console war silliness at the beginning of the year before the systems were announced. Now I'm already tired of it and have been for a few months.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#42  Edited By Andorski

Never understood the idea of getting hyped for new hardware. I also think it's weird when people say "Oh man, I can't wait to see the new UI." It's gonna be a bunch of menus, yay.

Games. That is what you get excited about.

chrissedoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By chrissedoff

@andorski: The console isn't the games. Games can come out and be good or be bad. Whatever happens, people can take it on faith that there will be more games in the future and some of them will be worthwhile. If the games are to be played on a system that has a fucked-up UI or busted online features then that matters a whole hell of a lot. Those things will change much more slowly than the pace of new game releases, if they change at all. Plus, the great majority of games worth playing are going to be out on every possible platform, so the UI, online functionality, are all that really matters when you think about it.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

Sorry everyone...

Loading Video...

Capum15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Capum15
@jasonr86 said:

Sorry everyone...

Don't be. Don't be.

Also, be happy in your choice of console. Never really gotten the console war mentality (PC master race, you filthy peasants, but both consoles do seem pretty awesome). I did laugh at the E3 PS4 thing just because of how hard Sony was riding that wave.

I do wanna get both eventually though; some pretty neat exclusives are bound to hit each platform.

coolarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

I guess nothing is ever good enough. Nothing satisfies anymore. Everything sucks

I am a cynical asshole

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By TheBluthCompany
Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

When you have to pick between two consoles, the other console is like that ex girlfriend who dumped you. If you find out she's exclusive with some badass mech pilot, it's a little upsetting. Figuring out that the other console runs games at a lower resolution is the same as realizing she got fat.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, its a console launch bud. Unfortunately its the same every time.

Except for last time when PS3 and 360 launched a year apart. And the time before that when PS2, Xbox, Dreamcast and Gamecube came out over a four-year span and Internet forums were in their infancy and still often called BBSes. And, well, I do remember quite the kafuffle when Nintendo decided to stick with cartridges and Sony stuck it to them by going with CDs. And of course Genesis does what Nintendon't. My best friend when I was ten bought a Master System partly because his neighbour had an NES and they were constantly in competition with each other. You know what? It is the same every time.

However, this is also the first time we're seeing the two major competitors (Sorry Nintendo!) release at almost the exact same time. That probably helps up the level of animosity in the fanboy camps.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#50 gamer_152  Moderator

I think things have gotten a bit extreme or pessimistic at times, but there have been certain aspects of these console launches that have just been a bit of a bummer, and I think we're all remembering that out of the gate, the games libraries for consoles are almost never all that amazing. There are console fanboys out there who have this psychological need to trash talk the competition, but a lot of what I've seen around places like Giant Bomb isn't so much that, but people explaining that they're making one purchase because the alternative purchase wouldn't satisfy them. A lot of this has centred around the weird politics of the Microsoft's restrictions on developers and consumers, many of which involved things that just didn't exist in previous console generations like always-online products and proprietary motion control hardware.

On top of that I think some of us are getting a little tired of the games industry going round in circles making the same things over and over, and trying to tell us they're doing these really mind-blowing innovative things when they're just not. You can call this being jaded if you want, but I think it's positive to ask for something better and call people out on their bullshit. Ultimately, it's the games that are going to excite us, and when these consoles become means to play things that really engage us, then I think you'll see a lot more positivity surrounding the consoles.