#1 Posted by roddy72 (86 posts) -

Im pretty sure Brad was the one playing it and I thought he was also going to review it, but where is the review???

#2 Posted by CaptainObvious (2992 posts) -

It's rotting in hell.

#3 Posted by SpaceDandie (256 posts) -

This thread? Again?

#4 Posted by Karmum (11516 posts) -

It's not coming. At all. Never. They got the game during a period of other games (including UFC 2010) and did not get around to reviewing it. I think at this point however, you can either tell whether or not if RDR was a good or bad game.

#5 Posted by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -

They didn't get a review copy until after the game was out. If they were to review it, it would be posted quite a while after the game was released and thus its usefulness would be limited. It would have also delayed other reviews, making them less timely & therefore less useful too. So they decided not to review it.

Moderator
#6 Edited by roddy72 (86 posts) -

@Karmum: Yeah, it came during a time when a lot of other games were coming out, but one of the biggest ones was Read Dead Redemption... you can't ignore it, and they did a 'Quick look' as well meaning Brad was playing it. I know the game is good, but I just want to know GB's opinion of it... that is why I come to this site, to read the GiantBomb perspective.

#7 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

Haha that game is old as fuck now why would you want a review of it now.

#8 Posted by Finstern (639 posts) -
@roddy72: They've talked quite a bit about the game on their podcasts, enough to gain in insight to what they think of it.
#9 Posted by Clembo (341 posts) -

No point.  GB do review games and even do some nice Quick Looks, but I think they pick the one's that matter, ie. the one's you aren't quite sure of.
 
RDR is a certain buy if you like GTA, Clint Eastwood and characters who don't disclose their name.

#10 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -
@MattyFTM: true, but at this period of drought, it would be nice to see a written review of this and FF13. Even if it has lost its usefulness, it would be interesting.
#11 Edited by Meteora (5787 posts) -

The lack of a Giantbomb review has made me unwilling to purchase this game. =P

#12 Posted by Binman88 (3684 posts) -
@Finstern said:
" @roddy72: They've talked quite a bit about the game on their podcasts, enough to gain in insight to what they think of it. "
Hint: They think it's pretty rad.
#13 Posted by MetalGearSunny (6986 posts) -
@Meteora said:
" The lack of a Giantbomb review has made me unwilling to purchase this game. "
It's good. Buy it. 
 
Seriously, Vinny, Ryan and Brad all praised it on the Bombcast, so what's the point in a late review?
#14 Edited by MattyFTM (14328 posts) -
@roddy72: Listen to the bombcasts around the time the game came out. They talk plenty about their opinion on it. You don't necessarily need a review to get the GB crew's opinions on it.
 
In fact, you get a far better view of the "Giant Bomb Perspective" from the bombcast than you will from any review, because reviews are from the individual reviewer, and it's their individual opinion, not the entire crew's. On the bombcast you hear the opinion of the whole crew. You get the true "Giant Bomb Perspective".
Moderator
#15 Posted by iAmJohn (6107 posts) -
@swamplord666 said:
" @MattyFTM: true, but at this period of drought, it would be nice to see a written review of this and FF13. Even if it has lost its usefulness, it would be interesting. "
Funny, I distinctly remember them reviewing FF13.
#16 Posted by roddy72 (86 posts) -

@MattyFTM: I do listen to the Giant Bombast every week and I don't remember the episode in which they full on discussed it... but I will take your word and agree with you. It's just that, I like having the combination of the final review combined with a discussion through the podcast...makes it feel more complete I guess. But yet again, I guess you can't have everything, right? Especially after E3. 

#17 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -
@Metal_Gear_Sunny: I don't listen to the bombcast. I can't get myself into listening for some reason. 
 
@iAmJohn: They did, except Brad did the review like a month after release so some people did sort of forget about that review.
#18 Posted by Mrskidders (1330 posts) -

Just buy it.

#19 Posted by roddy72 (86 posts) -

@Mrskidders: I did. 

#20 Posted by Animasta (14637 posts) -
@roddy72 said:
" @Mrskidders: I did.  "
then why are you asking for a review?
#21 Posted by JJWeatherman (14557 posts) -
@Meteora said:
"@iAmJohn: They did, except Brad did the review like a month after release so some people did sort of forget about that review. "
Yep and then everyone complained about it being late. If they were to review RDR at this point, they would get a lot of that same hate. You can't win with people on the internet.
#22 Posted by GunstarRed (4997 posts) -

so why do you need a review?
#23 Posted by natetodamax (19169 posts) -

Well this thread is useless now, isn't it?

#24 Posted by ajamafalous (11813 posts) -
@roddy72 said:
" @MattyFTM: I do listen to the Giant Bombast every week and I don't remember the episode in which they full on discussed it... but I will take your word and agree with you. "
They discussed it on no less than three Bombcasts.
#25 Posted by Kurtdyoung (1297 posts) -

If you really want a "review" just listen to the three or four Bombcasts where just about everyone talks about it's pro's and con's. I don't get this need for video reviews or just written reviews, if you follow the site you know everything that is in a review but they even start to write it. Also you get other peoples perspectives, and not just the one writing the review. That is all.

#26 Posted by confideration (394 posts) -

I kinda felt like the quick look where they were drooling all over the game was the review. I much prefer that format actually.

#27 Posted by pweidman (2285 posts) -

Yeah it's funny to me(the lack of a formal RDR review), but you gotta appreciate the freedom of choice these guys have.  It's what makes the site, and all the stuff so much fun to check out really.  Zero pretense cuz they don't need any.
#28 Posted by ninjakiller (3405 posts) -

Lets see they said they loved playing it on multiple podcasts, and you still need their validation of an official review to buy it?

#29 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -
@MattyFTM said:
" @roddy72: Listen to the bombcasts around the time the game came out. They talk plenty about their opinion on it. You don't necessarily need a review to get the GB crew's opinions on it.  In fact, you get a far better view of the "Giant Bomb Perspective" from the bombcast than you will from any review, because reviews are from the individual reviewer, and it's their individual opinion, not the entire crew's. On the bombcast you hear the opinion of the whole crew. You get the true "Giant Bomb Perspective". "
I agree. Plus EVERYONE loved the game. You do not need a GB review. So people stop asking. The game is amazing. And if you are basing your buying it on just ONE review..then maybe you need a bit of help. 
#30 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

Does anyone know if there's a Quick Look? If there is then tell this guy to go watch that.

#31 Posted by Jazz (2090 posts) -

oh god..here we go again

#32 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

i heard if we make five more threads they will put the review up.

#33 Posted by SmaQ (80 posts) -

I got the feeling that Jeff wasnt a big fan.

#34 Posted by swamplord666 (1757 posts) -
@iAmJohn said:
" @swamplord666 said:
" @MattyFTM: true, but at this period of drought, it would be nice to see a written review of this and FF13. Even if it has lost its usefulness, it would be interesting. "
Funny, I distinctly remember them reviewing FF13. "
... Yes they did. I am a moron