#1 Posted by Irishranger (249 posts) -

Just wondering what everyone's go to sites or channels are for the most/best E3 coverage these days. I used to DVR G4 all day so I could watch the press conferences as soon as I got home from work, but, well, we all know what happened there.

No offense to the Giant Bomb guys, but it usually takes them a little while to get their videos of the press conferences up what with editing their show floor videos as well.

IGN didn't do a half bad job for me last year, but I was just wondering if there is somewhere better that I'm missing.

Thanks in advance!

#2 Posted by BIGJEFFREY (5039 posts) -

Gamespot?

#3 Posted by fisk0 (4112 posts) -

I didn't watch what Eurogamer did last year, but I think they usually have pretty good coverage.

#4 Posted by Stonyman65 (2704 posts) -

Gamespot usually live-streams everything as it is happening so I would watch that stream. I usually just tune in for the press conferences that I want to see, and then wait for the E3 bombasts and videos later to cover everything else. I think that covers pretty much everything you would need to know.

#5 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -

Gamespot's coverage has been the best in recent years due to sheer amount of content. They typically have three separate livestreams going, two of which are stage shows, the third is some guy wandering the show floor.

#6 Posted by Monkeyman04 (1133 posts) -

I'm sure GB will have to chat up with the GameSpot live stream running on it. At least that's what I remember what happened last year.

#7 Posted by ottoman673 (515 posts) -

Last year, we put up 2 of the Gamespot streams and the chat over here on GB, as well as links to show schedules. That was the best way to go about it, and then of course catch the pressers live/archived somewhere. Also, nightly GB shows. So there's all that.

#8 Posted by FLStyle (4696 posts) -

I too used GameSpot last year and was quite pleased!

#9 Edited by FinalDasa (1729 posts) -

Beyond the press conferences, there is little coverage I really want to consume.

Hearing reports about games played are always interesting and I usually get that and general industry impressions from the GB E3 broadcasts.

Everything else seems to require actually being there. It's hard to gauge what a game plays like and feels like without actually being there.

Moderator Online
#10 Edited by RonGalaxy (3168 posts) -

You already know, brother

#11 Edited by ADAMWD (591 posts) -

For the MS and Sony conferences, watching them via the console is probably a good idea.

Other than that, the Gamespot streams seem pretty comprehensive every year with good quality.

#12 Posted by Ares42 (2663 posts) -

Gamespot booth stream is by far the best coverage. You'll get the same press conferences no matter where you go, but the gamespot booth has live gameplay demos of pretty much every notable game at the convention.

#13 Edited by Mendelson9 (402 posts) -

I watched Geoff Keighley show on Spike. He does a good job. Gamespot has a great livestream thats hosted on the show floor. Covers pretty much everything you need. Hopefully we get more Giant Bomb vs. The Electronic Three floor videos this year (E3 Mystery???).

Also NeoGAF for the dumb .GIFs (and .WebM)

EDIT: The press conferences raw feed should be streaming on Xbox and Playstation consoles too, probably will be the best video quality from my experiences.

#14 Posted by Sterling (2292 posts) -

They only thing good about E3 is the late casts the duders put on. Always good times. Always.

#15 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I usually bounce between gamespot and gametrailers. Then tune into giantbomb for the late night casts.

#16 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5496 posts) -

It's usually a mix a Gametrailers and the E3 bombcasts/whatever else Gb does for the expo.

#17 Posted by MetalBaofu (1383 posts) -

All I do is watch the main conferences, and listen to the GB podcasts. Anything I miss I will hear about eventually somewhere.

#18 Posted by spraynardtatum (2950 posts) -

This site, my friend. Last year they did two Gamespot streams at one time with a chat for basically the entire day. I was able to switch between coverage on the fly and also get additional links from the assholes in chat if anything newsworthy broke elsewhere. I'm telling you to go to giantbomb for your E3 coverage because it is formatted the best and provides the options necessary to offer the best E3 viewing experience possible. Even if the chat is filled with fucking assholes.

#19 Edited by RonGalaxy (3168 posts) -

@spraynardtatum said:

This site, my friend. Last year they did two Gamespot streams at one time with a chat for basically the entire day. I was able to switch between coverage on the fly and also get additional links from the assholes in chat if anything newsworthy broke elsewhere. I'm telling you to go to giantbomb for your E3 coverage because it is formatted the best and provides the options necessary to offer the best E3 viewing experience possible. Even if the chat is filled with fucking assholes.

chat isn't really filled with assholes, the chat format just isn't suited for proper conversation; more like saying dumb shit when you see dumb shit and yelling when something crazy happens. It's akin to trying to converse with someone in the crowd at a concert. Everyone is yelling and acting like an idiot in unison with what's happening on stage.

#20 Edited by spraynardtatum (2950 posts) -
#21 Posted by isomeri (1275 posts) -

Either GameSpot or GameTrailers usually have the most reliable live streams of the press conferences. For content during the show itself I usually stick with the GameSpot live shows, mainly out of nostalgia.

#22 Posted by ShaggE (6453 posts) -

GameSpot for the streams, Giantbomb.com (AOL Keyword: "Business") for the coverage and mockery.

#23 Posted by Gamer_152 (14078 posts) -

A lot of stuff from E3 gets discussed on Giant Bomb, but this place still isn't really a dedicated news site. You're not going to get up-to-the-minute coverage on what comes out of that show here, there are plenty of other sites doing that. Gametrailers do have their stream for the event, but really I can't recommend anywhere better than Gamespot for following E3. They do livestreams of the panels, they have a stream which basically runs all day where devs show off their games, they have cameras cruising the show floor, and they're constantly putting out articles. Those guys do a really good job.

#24 Edited by ThatOneDudeNick (582 posts) -

I watch the press conferences on Spike. The video quality from my cable provider is much better than anything I could hope to stream. Other than that, I check IGN. They simply have the resources to have more people on the floor pushing content to the site. I'll come to GB to have discussions about everything, but IGN has proved reliable in the past for this kind of thing if you want as a ton of information as soon as possible. I may check out Gamespot this year. Keep my ad views in the CBSi family if possible.

#25 Edited by TheHT (11253 posts) -

Gametrailers, Gamespot, Giant Bomb.

#26 Posted by Capum15 (4900 posts) -

Last year, we put up 2 of the Gamespot streams and the chat over here on GB, as well as links to show schedules. That was the best way to go about it, and then of course catch the pressers live/archived somewhere. Also, nightly GB shows. So there's all that.

Yep, I usually enjoy the GB chat (except those times when it's terrible), so that was a pretty cool thing.

Before that I would just go over to Gamespot itself and watch the streams, then back to here for the nightly recaps / guests.

#27 Posted by Castiel (2616 posts) -

I´ll probably watch the conferences on gamespot and then watch the archived version of the Sony press conference later since it's one way to late where I live.

#28 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -

IMO just watch the conferences and then listen to the GB guys to hear about stuff on the show floor.

#29 Edited by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

I always go to gametrailers.com,they have never let me down with their coverage of E3,then i go to GiantBomb for the podcast.

But the first thing i do is listen to Jeff's drive to LA of course, i hope he's doing one of those again.

#30 Posted by scarycrayons (286 posts) -

On a somewhat-related tangent, does anyone here happen to know if there's somewhere you can view archives of the E3 coverage from GameSpot from previous years?

I thought it would be kind of neat to watch the show floor booth streams from past E3s to see what people were excited about in years past, but I can't find a place on GameSpot to watch them.

#31 Edited by pinner458 (778 posts) -

I had IGN and Giant Bomb open in my browser for all of last year pretty much, did the job fine.