#1 Posted by TehBonerer (38 posts) -

So I'm sure all of us are still on our TDK highs, hell ive seen it 3 times since the thursday midnight showing... and i have to wonder, where is that spiderman 2 like game but with batman? imagine how awesome it would be to be able to control batman, running the rooftops, gliding through gotham, using the tumbler, batpod, going through the films stories, fighting crime, all as the dark knight himself, and for fun even throwing in some bruce wayne pimpin missions lol, wouldnt this be awesome?

caption
#2 Posted by GarrardS (17 posts) -

Have you been listening to the N4G podcast?

#3 Posted by TehBonerer (38 posts) -

cant say i have...

#4 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -

Batman Begins game was actually really fun, but incredibly linear and short.... No replay value at all.

A batman game with open world like features would be AMAZING. Imagine jumping from a skyscraper and gliding over the streets to see every screaming and pointing at you. :D

#5 Posted by Ice_Cold_Rayman (216 posts) -

A good Batman game would be awesome. There is such a big story arc, and so many villains. Thing is, I don't think any developer would want to do it right.

#6 Posted by sdodd02 (722 posts) -

I played spiderman 2 a lot, haha, I would love a batman game kinda like that.

#7 Posted by RedSox8933 (2428 posts) -

that would be pretty cool, maybe you could drive the batmobile, burnout style.

#8 Posted by TehBonerer (38 posts) -

lol hanging upside down from street lights would be funny

#9 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -
TehBonerer said:
"So I'm sure all of us are still on our TDK highs, hell ive seen it 3 times since the thursday midnight showing... and i have to wonder, where is that spiderman 2 like game but with batman? imagine how awesome it would be to be able to control batman, running the rooftops, gliding through gotham, using the tumbler, batpod, going through the films stories, fighting crime, all as the dark knight himself, and for fun even throwing in some bruce wayne pimpin missions lol, wouldnt this be awesome?
caption
"
I too have wanted a game like this. And The Joker as a secret playable character. Im not going to lie. Batman Begins was one of the best movie game sI ever played.
#10 Posted by Phillipo2932 (13 posts) -

Did any of you watch the Dark Knight special on G4, Gary Oldman said there making a game about it and they are trying to perfect a gliding mechanic with Batman. Now as to the validity of the statement I cannot say but thats what Gary Oldman said. He could possibly have been talking about Lego Batman.

#11 Posted by RVonE (4601 posts) -

Do you really want another free roam game?

#12 Posted by TehBonerer (38 posts) -
RVonE said:
"

"
simply put, yes
#13 Posted by Osmiles (196 posts) -

Free roaming batman game is located securely in my dreams, just like the Shenmue sequel.

#14 Posted by Why_So_Serious (803 posts) -
Osmiles said:
"Free roaming batman game is located securely in my dreams, just like the Shenmue sequel.
"
I don't think its a long shot at all. If Spider-man can do it than why can't  Batman!
#15 Posted by Ironhide (146 posts) -

I'm pretty sure that game is called DC Universe Online, there's that other one Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe and there's also Lego Batman. If you need any more Batman than that, go play City of Heroes and create a Batman-a-like! If you need anymore than that then I'm pretty sure you need more than a game, go design a working road worthy Batpod.

#16 Posted by Sentry (4197 posts) -
RVonE said:
"

"

I'm sorry, has there been a free roam game with batman in it? Big difference! :D
#17 Posted by Demmetje (199 posts) -

If only you guys knew ;)

#18 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

@Demmetje said:

If only you guys knew ;)

pointless bump dude.

#19 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

Arkham City is basically a free-roaming batman game

#20 Posted by ABritishNerd (318 posts) -

@JJGIANT said:

This thread is almost four years old.

#21 Posted by FreakAche (2948 posts) -

Giant Bomb time capsule!

#22 Posted by BBQBram (2198 posts) -

Woah, woah, woah. We've got to get back to the future!

#23 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

@JJGIANT said:

Yes. It is.

#24 Edited by Deathmachine117 (377 posts) -

There was that Batman and Robin PSone game. That was free roam and you could play as Batman,Robin and BatGirl.

Pity it was dreadful like anything to do with that movie.

Edit: My god this thread is older than me.

#25 Posted by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -
@Demmetje: You are a powerful necromancer.
#26 Posted by believer258 (11554 posts) -

@JJGIANT said:

Guys, please look at the date on this one.

#27 Posted by fox01313 (5061 posts) -

Try DC Universe or for pure copyright infringement fun, Champions Online.

#28 Posted by BeachThunder (11630 posts) -

HEY GUYS, IMAGINE HOW CRAZY IT WOULD BE IF DUKE NUKEM FOREVER ACTUALLY GETS RELEASED!!

#29 Posted by ShaggE (6285 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

HEY GUYS, IMAGINE HOW CRAZY IT WOULD BE IF DUKE NUKEM FOREVER ACTUALLY GETS RELEASED!!

ALWAYS BET ON DUKE!!!! LOLOLOLOOLOOO

#30 Posted by Unchained (1080 posts) -

Ummmm...let's try another one.

Where the fuck is a game that is set in an alternate early 20th century that takes place in a city in the sky? Isn't it about time something like that was made?!

#31 Edited by wjb (1615 posts) -

A free-roaming Batman like GTA would be cool. Batman would just be this sociopath hijacking cars he doesn't need...

"But you have a Batmobile and Batwing on standby!"

"GTFO! I need this Gremlin to stop the Joker."

#32 Posted by JasonR86 (9577 posts) -

So when is Fez coming out anyway huh? It has been like forever!!!

#33 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13629 posts) -

So a batman game kinda like the openness of the first Spider man games? (Set after the movies) 

#34 Posted by Ares42 (2546 posts) -

As far as necro-posting goes, this is a good one =)