#1  Edited By MeetThePyro

1DER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By 1DER

If you're getting it on PC, then you could get both for $24. Just Cause 2 is $3.74 right now.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By MeetThePyro

@1DER: Nah PS3

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#4  Edited By fox01313

Still tons of length in Just Cause2, I'd vote for that.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Rainbowkisses

I played 7 hours of Just Cause 2 and then never touched it again. I felt the game had too much empty space, the environments were uninteresting, and the checkpoints were frustrating. I know most people had a very different experience but I see the game as just something to mess around with for a weekend.

Darksiders, on the other hand, I enjoyed a bit more. While I don't think the game is great, it makes for a solid action adventure game and does a decent job blending the various gameplay mechanics.

Catarrhal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Catarrhal

I think Just Cause 2 is still free for PlayStation Plus members. Knowing that, I couldn't justify paying $20 for it.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Phatmac

Darksiders

lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By lead_farmer

Either way you get a winner, but I would have to choose Just Cause 2. You can't grapple onto a jet in Darksiders.

bacongames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By bacongames

Between Just Cause 2 and Darksiders, I would say Just Cause 2 was closer to 5 stars for me and Darksiders definitely a 4. Just Cause 2 is a damn fun game and the things you can do just make you awe-struck sometimes.

SexyToad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SexyToad

If on PC defiantly get both, since Just Cause 2 is on sale for $3.74. That's a god dahm good deal! If on console get Just Cause 2, that game is awesome.

triumvir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By triumvir

Just Cause 2 is bombastic and crazy, but it's basically just a big sandbox with not a whole lot to do aside from doing outrageous stunts and blowing shit up. Granted, Just Cause 2 does those things spectacularly well, but you have to be totally on board with sandbox games --- the story and mission variety will not keep you interested if you're not. Personally, I lost interest 5-6 hours in. I've been hammering away at it off and on, and still haven't beaten it, six months after the fact. It makes a great first impression though.

Consider a PS+ account, if you want to check it out (like Catarrhal, I think it's free on there). You'll get that and a bunch of other games for free and some discounts etc.

There's something about Darksiders that grabbed me, though, and it didn't let go. I marathoned the campaign to 100% and then immediately started an NG+. If you asked me specifically what's so great about it, I couldn't give you a singular answer: it's one of those games that is greater than the sum of its lovingly stolen parts. Also, the sequel is out, so if you want more after playing you can just dive right into Darksiders II.

That's the one you want to pick up, unless you dislike awesome. Why do you hate awesome so much? Seriously.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

Both choices are fantastic.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By handlas

tough call but I'd say Darksiders. Just Cause 2 is immense fun but I don't think it has the overall polish that Darksiders has.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By MeetThePyro

@Triumvir said:

Just Cause 2 is bombastic and crazy, but it's basically just a big sandbox with not a whole lot to do aside from doing outrageous stunts and blowing shit up. Granted, Just Cause 2 does those things spectacularly well, but you have to be totally on board with sandbox games --- the story and mission variety will not keep you interested if you're not. Personally, I lost interest 5-6 hours in. I've been hammering away at it off and on, and still haven't beaten it, six months after the fact. It makes a great first impression though.

Consider a PS+ account, if you want to check it out (like Catarrhal, I think it's free on there). You'll get that and a bunch of other games for free and some discounts etc.

There's something about Darksiders that grabbed me, though, and it didn't let go. I marathoned the campaign to 100% and then immediately started an NG+. If you asked me specifically what's so great about it, I couldn't give you a singular answer: it's one of those games that is greater than the sum of its lovingly stolen parts. Also, the sequel is out, so if you want more after playing you can just dive right into Darksiders II.

That's the one you want to pick up, unless you dislike awesome. Why do you hate awesome so much? Seriously.

Based on my preference for story this post has convinced me to get Darksiders.

MeetThePyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MeetThePyro

Unless someone else convinces me otherwise

potatomash3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By potatomash3r

I couldn't finish JC2, I played about 10 hours of the game which was me just fucking around in the world. It was fun, but I've never felt any reason to go back to it. To me it was just this sandboxy game that was incredibly silly. As someone who can speak Malay and hence will understand a limited amount of Indonesian I found that the names of the places in JC2 was just fucking hilarious and very very literal.

Darksiders 1 however, had story, characters and gameplay. Its a better experience, however short it was (20 hours at least). If you do play, Darksiders1 you should start on apocalyptic right away. The normal in that game is the easy mode and apocalyptic is the normal - its a shame that there isn't a real hard difficulty in darksiders 1 and the ending of that game was so damned good!