• 101 results
#1 Posted by dr_nefarious (1605 posts) -

Call of duty 4 for me. I don't think it takes much skill to play halo. Call of duty is more about the fps experience.

#2 Posted by jNerd (2008 posts) -

I disagree, I think it takes a lot of skill to play Halo. It just has a MUCH larger demographic so you see a LARGER group of untalented gamers. CoD4 is okay, but it's really just a shooter. It isn't that special and the only reason people think it is, is because so many companies are too incompetent to make a decent FPS. So when they're all shit & you get  CoD4 you smile because it isn't terrible.... But it isn't that special either.

#3 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -

Ehhh, I would go with COD4. I think COD4 is really good, its really not JUST about other FPS games sucking (although a lot do). But yeah, COD4.

#4 Posted by Captain_Fookup (1519 posts) -

The only thing both of them require is average brain capacity and motor skills, Rapelay on the other hand does require skill.

#5 Posted by REDRUN (1410 posts) -

COD4 hands down, less high sqeeling pre-teen whining and rambling during matches.

#6 Posted by dr_nefarious (1605 posts) -
jNerd said:
"I disagree, I think it takes a lot of skill to play Halo. It just has a MUCH larger demographic so you see a LARGER group of untalented gamers. CoD4 is okay, but it's really just a shooter. It isn't that special and the only reason people think it is, is because so many companies are too incompetent to make a decent FPS. So when they're all shit & you get  CoD4 you smile because it isn't terrible.... But it isn't that special either."
So basically CoD4 is what an FPS should beREDRUN said:
"COD4 hands down, less high sqeeling pre-teen whining and rambling during matches."
haha that's true.
#7 Posted by Manachild (470 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 hands down

#8 Posted by Hampe (165 posts) -

I prefer COD4. Why? Well, I really don't like how the weapons feel in Halo 3. Many of them haven't got the weight that I want them to have.
Also, I'm not a fan of the design and the story, to be honest.

#9 Posted by turbomonkey138 (4950 posts) -

There both good .... why can't you like them both .

#10 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

Tough one, i like the scale and setting of Halo but i enjoy the fast paced fps action of Call of Duty 4 Can i choose both?

#11 Posted by ShadowKiller (894 posts) -

I think they are both great games but Halo 3 for me because me and my friends get together pretty much every night on XBL and play some customs and matachmaking. I also like how it takes a little more skill to kill someone on Halo, but in COD4 it takes 2 bullets to drop someone.

#12 Posted by ParanoidFreak (1461 posts) -

I enjoy Halo more, but Call Of Duty is still great .Neither game takes as much skill as a PC FPS (Halo and Call Of Duty have a cross-hair that is drawn to your target).

#13 Posted by Alexander (1720 posts) -

Where the HELL is the poll?

#14 Posted by Scooper (7882 posts) -

The Call of Duty Four.

#15 Posted by ZombieJesus (231 posts) -

Halo 3 slightly better than CoD 4 in my opinion

#16 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

Halo 3 by far. It has such better replay value, co-op, Forge, Theater, so many maps, constantly updated MatchMaking and in my opinion is just a much better game.

#17 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Halo 3, both excellent games though.

#18 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -

halo 3. Not that many people on here agree but the multiplayer is just better in pretty much every way

#19 Posted by suneku (2997 posts) -

Call of Duty 4. I like military shooters more then sci fi shooters.

#20 Posted by NickM (1067 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"Call of duty 4 for me. I don't think it takes much skill to play halo. Call of duty is more about the fps experience."
I prefer Call of Duty as well, but it takes way more skill to play Halo.
#21 Posted by Dethfish (3590 posts) -

I've never played Halo 3 and I love CoD4.

I also tend to not like sci-fi shooters.

#22 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

CoD4 feels way too repetitive after a year and a half of playing it.  I can still put in Halo 3, grab three more controllers, and have an absolute blast playing MP online OR offline with friends.  Also, CoD4's online community has deteriorated into a bunch of elitist doucherockets in the past couple of months; Halo 3's community stinks just as bad but all I ever do is mute everyone with a mic in the pre-game lobby anyways. 

#23 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

This past weekend I played 4-player split screen COD4 and Halo 3 with family and friends.  We played several rounds of each on various maps.  I prefer COD4 to Halo 3 when it comes to multiplayer.  I don't like everyone bouncing around like they do in Halo 3, and I don't like shields and all that other crap.  I'm not that good at FPS games, even though I enjoy them.  So, if I am lucky enough to hit an opponent, I want it to count.  Having said that, I preferred the Halo 3 single-player and co-op more than COD4's single player.   I like the Halo universe and dropping in to knock off some chatty aliens is a lot of fun for me.  It's very campy.  COD4's story is more realistic and depressing.  I'm not knocking it in the least.  I'm just saying I preferred Halo's ridiculous alien-zombie story over COD4's somber and bleak story.

#24 Posted by pause422 (6153 posts) -

cod4, even though I haven't played it in a long time.

#25 Posted by Guyzea (814 posts) -

Call of Duty 4. I don't like Halo 3 at all because of the community and the toy guns.

#26 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -

Sorry I am just a Halo fan till the end

#27 Edited by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Guyzea said:
"Call of Duty 4. I don't like Halo 3 at all because of the community and the toy guns."
The community is better than most other games, ESPECIALLY cod4, you've just gotta know where to look.
#28 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

Oh god, not another "which do you prefer" thread.

By the way, I prefer Half-Life. Because it's a better game than either of those two will ever be.

#29 Posted by TooWalrus (12973 posts) -

They're both pretty good, but I like Call of Duty much better. Why? Because almost every Halo game I play is a race to get the sword. I like choosing my weapons.

...that damn sword.

#30 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -
Vinchenzo said:
"Oh god, not another "which do you prefer" thread.By the way, I prefer Half-Life. Because it's a better game than either of those two will ever be."
Sad sad little man, he is so young and naive(*Psss*The answer is halo) 
#31 Posted by Cirdain (2957 posts) -

CoD4 and the should have been a poll.

#32 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -

Personally I don't like either of them. Halo seems more like an FPS for beginners and COD4 is entirely made up of reaction speed of which I have little.

#33 Posted by Emandudeguyperson (2502 posts) -

Even though this isn't one of the options, I prefer... HENTAI! XD

#34 Edited by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
TooWalrus said:
"They're both pretty good, but I like Call of Duty much better. Why? Because almost every Halo game I play is a race to get the sword. I like choosing my weapons. ...that damn sword."
lol wut

The sword really does not get much usage, unless it's blackout

and

Snipzor said:
"Personally I don't like either of them. Halo seems more like an FPS for beginners and COD4 is entirely made up of reaction speed of which I have little."
Really, it's not. Obviously you have never played halo at high levels
#35 Posted by natetodamax (19136 posts) -

The better game by far is Call Of Duty 4. Halo 3's ranking system is absolute shit and most of the maps sucks noodles.

#36 Posted by Pibo47 (3166 posts) -

Halo 3 on any day of the week.

#37 Edited by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -
natetodamax said:
"The better game by far is Call Of Duty 4. Halo 3's ranking system is absolute shit and most of the maps sucks noodles."
Because the CoD4 ranking system isn't shit? Come on dude, give me a break. It's not even a ranking system. It's a sign that shows how long you've played for. A ranking system should take in some account of skill, and the CoD4 system really does not.
#38 Posted by Calidreth (126 posts) -

Call of Duty 4 is far superior, primarily because of the multi-player.  It just feels more solid and war-like than Halo 3.  I don't mention single player because it's irrelevant.  That would be like playing a role-playing game for the multi-player aspect.

#39 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
natetodamax said:
"The better game by far is Call Of Duty 4. Halo 3's ranking system is absolute shit and most of the maps sucks noodles."
you got the names the wrong way round:

natetodamax said:
"The better game by far is halo 3. Call of duty 4's ranking system is absolute shit and most of the maps sucks noodles."
Is far more in line with reality. In call of duty 4, you can rank up by loosing - what a way to "rank" players, eh? and the maps are cut-outs from campaign with no thought whatsoever put into them.

Granted you do need to get good at halo 3 to enjoy it properly, even with matchmaking softening the blow for you.
#40 Posted by dr_nefarious (1605 posts) -
ShadowKiller said:
"I think they are both great games but Halo 3 for me because me and my friends get together pretty much every night on XBL and play some customs and matachmaking. I also like how it takes a little more skill to kill someone on Halo, but in COD4 it takes 2 bullets to drop someone."
What gun are you using? Head shots yes.

Alexander said:
"Where the HELL is the poll?"
Ah damn, should've added that. I wish there was some way I could edit my post so to include polls. Pay attention giant bomb!
#41 Edited by Maxszy (2064 posts) -
dr_nefarious said:
"Call of duty 4 for me. I don't think it takes much skill to play halo. Call of duty is more about the fps experience."
I think your argument is ridiculous. But I think any designation "skill" to play this or "skill" to play that is just plain stupid. Just enjoy the damn game for what it is.

That being said though I also enjoy COD4 for me. Mainly because Halo 3 is pretty much the same thing as Halo. It plays the same, its the same basic concepts etc. Especially the multiplayer. It wasn't new, different and improved like COD4 was when it came out.
#42 Edited by LiveOrDie1212 (926 posts) -

COD4.

Halo 3 is for kids.

#43 Posted by Gmanall (1683 posts) -
Maxszy said:
"dr_nefarious said:
I think your argument is ridiculous.Though I also enjoy COD4 for me. Mainly because Halo 3 is pretty much the same thing as Halo. It plays the same, its the same basic concepts etc. Especially the multiplayer. It wasn't new, different and improved like COD4 was when it came out."
But should Cod4 be better then Halo just because COD upgraded to halos stranded instead of going leaps and bounds over Halos standerds
#44 Posted by Expletive (1057 posts) -

halo 3

#45 Edited by dr_nefarious (1605 posts) -
Maxszy said:
"dr_nefarious said:
I think your argument is ridiculous.Though I also enjoy COD4 for me. Mainly because Halo 3 is pretty much the same thing as Halo. It plays the same, its the same basic concepts etc. Especially the multiplayer. It wasn't new, different and improved like COD4 was when it came out."
Think about it. When I'm playing halo I don't even have to shoot at a person that much, all I do is walk up to them and beat them down and I get kill sprees. The worst halo player can get plenty of kills from one weapon..That damn sword! Everytime I get ready to start a game it seems almost every person in the lobby sounds like an eight year old. Little kids play Halo 3 and big boys play CoD4! You better recognize son! :P
#46 Posted by Osaladin (2503 posts) -

CoD4 no contest.

#47 Posted by Maxszy (2064 posts) -
Gmanall said:
"Maxszy said:
"dr_nefarious said:
But should Cod4 be better then Halo just because COD upgraded to halos stranded instead of going leaps and bounds over Halos standerds "
dr_nefarious said:
"Maxszy said:
"dr_nefarious said:
Think about it. When I'm playing halo I don't even have to shoot at a person that much, all I do is walk up to them and beat them down and I get kill sprees. The worst halo player can get plenty of kills from one weapon..That damn sword! Everytime I get ready to start a game it seems almost every person in the lobby sounds like an eight year old. Little kids play Halo 3 and big boys play CoD4! You better recognize son! :P "

To reply to both of you, I didn't really mean to imply that Halo 3 is worse that COD4 or vice versa. They're both well built games. To me, I prefer COD4 because I thought it was something fresh (not so much this second though...with W@W and you can only play COD4 so long....) but not exactly because its "a better game".

My concern is the ridiculousness of saying "this game takes more skill to play than this game." Who cares? Is that even possible? Are we really attempting to measure our video game "skills"? That's just ridiculous and just play the game for what it is. Enjoy it how it is. You may like one more than the other...but saying one takes so much more "skill" is just stupid.
#48 Posted by crunchUK (5963 posts) -
Maxszy said:
"Gmanall said:
"Maxszy said:
"dr_nefarious said:
But should Cod4 be better then Halo just because COD upgraded to halos stranded instead of going leaps and bounds over Halos standerds "
dr_nefarious said:
"Maxszy said:
"dr_nefarious said:
Think about it. When I'm playing halo I don't even have to shoot at a person that much, all I do is walk up to them and beat them down and I get kill sprees. The worst halo player can get plenty of kills from one weapon..That damn sword! Everytime I get ready to start a game it seems almost every person in the lobby sounds like an eight year old. Little kids play Halo 3 and big boys play CoD4! You better recognize son! :P "
To reply to both of you, I didn't really mean to imply that Halo 3 is worse that COD4 or vice versa. They're both well built games. To me, I prefer COD4 because I thought it was something fresh (not so much this second though...with W@W and you can only play COD4 so long....) but not exactly because its "a better game".My concern is the ridiculousness of saying "this game takes more skill to play than this game." Who cares? Is that even possible? Are we really attempting to measure our video game "skills"? That's just ridiculous and just play the game for what it is. Enjoy it how it is. You may like one more than the other...but saying one takes so much more "skill" is just stupid."
A game taking more skill is good because it means that people who enjoy a competitive match have a better time, and there is generally more depth and thus longevity to it.
#49 Posted by Dethfish (3590 posts) -

There is a lot of writing for such a simple question. You either put Halo 3 or CoD4.  Trying to convince people the game they like actually sucks, never works.

#50 Posted by Karmum (11509 posts) -

Well, this is an easy option for me, Call of Duty 4. Not hard considering I never liked Halo 3.