Which do you prefer Halo3 or call of duty 4?

• 100 results
fishinwithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By fishinwithguns

Call of Duty 4 seemed to get everything right in terms of what an FPS should be.  I can understand why people prefer it, and in many ways it is the better game.  But for some reason, Halo has a quality that I can't quite put my finger on...it just has something that keeps you coming back for more...I sold COD4 a few weeks ago finally, but will never sell Halo 3.  I'm talking about multiplayer though, COD4's single player is better, but still nothing spectacular.

COD4 for me was a lot like Counterstrike, they both seem to get you hooked and pissed off at the same time...sometimes you don't know if you're even having fun anymore.  I hardly ever get pissed off playing Halo, so that may be why I like it more.  AND  the fact that you can have 4 players on the same screen is a HUGE plus.  It spoils you for other games, when you want to have people in the room playing with you too...can't do that with Gears or COD4 or really anything else unless you're playing offline.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By crunchUK
Dethfish77 said:
"There is a lot of writing for such a simple question. You either put Halo 3 or CoD4.  Trying to convince people the game they like actually sucks, never works."
And you would have successfully created the most dull thread in the world
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#53  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
dr_nefarious said:
"Call of duty 4 for me. I don't think it takes much skill to play halo.

i lolled.  Why is it that people love saying stuff about halo taking no skill and what no?  Another example: 

"Personally I don't like either of them. Halo seems more like an FPS for beginners and COD4 is entirely made up of reaction speed of which I have little."
Seriously now, speaking to someone who's played neither, go into a match in both.  I can guarantee you you'll hold your own in COD4 (assuming you play other shooters) where as you'll get absolutely slaughtered in Halo.   While there's so many more things to consider, the fact that it's not a game of peek-a-boo should give it away that a more experienced have a huge advantage.   And hell, COD4 is not about reactions speed. Quake's about reaction speed.  COD 4's all about pretty much finding the other person first.  Maybe it's just me, I'm special or something, but I find that most players just run through blindly in COD looking for kills.  There's really no flow or holds.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#54  Edited By jakob187

Call of Duty 2, Quake III, and Unreal Tournament 2004

AKA - The Trifecta of FPS Perfection
kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#55  Edited By kariyanine
crunchUK said:
"Guyzea said:
"Call of Duty 4. I don't like Halo 3 at all because of the community and the toy guns."
The community is better than most other games, ESPECIALLY cod4, you've just gotta know where to look."

Well said.  My experience with CoD4 was such that I no longer play the game at all.  Yet I will still play Halo 3 and when played with the right group of people offers (me) a better experience overall.
ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

#56  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Its like choosing between Cake and Pie. They are both delicious pastries, but otherwise fairly different. In this case I choose Pie (COD4) because there are less 12 year old assholes with headsets, and I don't have to be extremely good to score well. Plus it has team announcers ("ENEMY UAV IS ONLINE!"), although I do like the halo man as well. ("Double Kill, Triple Kill!, Overkill!)

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Systech

They are two extremely fantastic multiplayer games, but I would have to go with Call of Duty 4. Very close.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#58  Edited By Discorsi

I vote for Halo.  It really satisfies my sci-fi shooter itch and is really fun to play competitively.  And in my experience, I faced way more jerks/pre-teens/scourge of society on CoD4 then on Halo 3 although it does not even compare to the horrid GeoW 1 community.  Whenever I play CoD4, I am always reminded of the battelfield series(on PC) and how kickass those games were.  The best part about them imo were the maps and their expansiveness.  CoD4 maps just do not compete size wise or quality wise.

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By carlthenimrod

Halo 3. I think it just has more depth. 4 player co-op is a blast. I went through the game once solo and 3-4 more times with friends. Once I hit level 55 in CoD 4, I was done.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#60  Edited By Fosssil
jakob187 said:
"Call of Duty 2, Quake III, and Unreal Tournament 2004

"
Agreed, 100%.

If I had to pick between Halo 3 and CoD4, I'd pick Halo 3, but I certainly wouldn't pick either of those two games over the three Jakob listed.
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By TheMustacheHero

COD4, it's a butt load easier.  and vinchenzo, who said half life, Half life and it's sequel are both terrible games.

Lestater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Lestater
I'm not saying one is better than the either, but I personally had more fun playing Halo 3, but that could have just been the online splitscreen.
TheJollyRajah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63  Edited By TheJollyRajah

At it's core, COD4 has better gameplay than Halo 3. But Halo 3 makes up for that with all of the custom options available, and it's a meatier game.

If I had to choose, I'd say COD4, simply because the core gameplay mechanics are the most important factor of any game for me.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By crunchUK
ArbitraryWater said:
"Its like choosing between Cake and Pie. They are both delicious pastries, but otherwise fairly different. In this case I choose Pie (COD4) because there are less 12 year old assholes with headsets, and I don't have to be extremely good to score well. Plus it has team announcers ("ENEMY UAV IS ONLINE!"), although I do like the halo man as well. ("Double Kill, Triple Kill!, Overkill!)"
Seriously... there are WAAAY more of those in call of duty 4.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Hitchenson
SmugDarkLoser said:
"dr_nefarious said:

i lolled.  Why is it that people love saying stuff about halo taking no skill and what no?  Another example: 

"Personally I don't like either of them. Halo seems more like an FPS for beginners and COD4 is entirely made up of reaction speed of which I have little."
Seriously now, speaking to someone who's played neither, go into a match in both.  I can guarantee you you'll hold your own in COD4 (assuming you play other shooters) where as you'll get absolutely slaughtered in Halo.   While there's so many more things to consider, the fact that it's not a game of peek-a-boo should give it away that a more experienced have a huge advantage.   And hell, COD4 is not about reactions speed. Quake's about reaction speed.  COD 4's all about pretty much finding the other person first.  Maybe it's just me, I'm special or something, but I find that most players just run through blindly in COD looking for kills.  There's really no flow or holds. "
Yep, I agree with you 100%
It seems people think Halo hating is cool on the internet. Fair enough, if you don't like it for a legitimate reason. But don't be all "BUT THE COMMUNITY IS A BUNCH OF 5 YEAR OLDS WHO JUMP AROUND A LOT!" because the CoD community is just as bad.
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By c1337us

Dont like the Halo series too much so will have to go with CoD4 here.

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#67  Edited By RandomHero666

My one problem with cod4 is that no one ever fucking talks, you maybe get one annoying person talking to themselves every 3 matches.
Halo 3 is much harder, but also alot more fun, you gotta think about what weapon to use in a situation and not just camp with a sniper.
Both great games but i choose Vegas 2.

SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
RandomHero666 said:
"My one problem with cod4 is that no one ever fucking talks, you maybe get one annoying person talking to themselves every 3 matches.Halo 3 is much harder, but also alot more fun, you gotta think about what weapon to use in a situation and not just camp with a sniper.Both great games but i choose Vegas 2."

Yea, Vegas 2 is pretty damn awesome.  Like halo quite a bit more, but Vegas 2 is next.
COD4 felt good for the first month or so, but there's not much depth to it all.  It's, as I said earlier, just a game of running around and shooting, even the objective matches.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By crunchUK
SmugDarkLoser said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"My one problem with cod4 is that no one ever fucking talks, you maybe get one annoying person talking to themselves every 3 matches.Halo 3 is much harder, but also alot more fun, you gotta think about what weapon to use in a situation and not just camp with a sniper.Both great games but i choose Vegas 2."
Yea, Vegas 2 is pretty damn awesome.  Like halo quite a bit more, but Vegas 2 is next.COD4 felt good for the first month or so, but there's not much depth to it all.  It's, as I said earlier, just a game of running around and shooting, even the objective matches. "
I enjoyed GRAW better than vegas. Things took a while to get going and there was no spawn system to speak of (although the same is true with vegas). And 90% of the maps were broken or just plain sucked, but WHEN it worked it was epic.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#70  Edited By iamjohn

Team Fortress 2 is the correct answer.

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By meteora

I just prefer Call of Duty 4. The only time I ever get into playing Halo 3 are those custom matches made by Forge.

lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By lamegame621

I suck ballz at Halo3, so COD4 it is.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By jakob187
TheMustacheHero said:
"COD4, it's a butt load easier.  and vinchenzo, who said half life, Half life and it's sequel are both terrible games."
I'm sorry...but statements like this should cause people to be banned outright from the planet Earth.
Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Absurd
jakob187 said:
"Call of Duty 2, Quake III, and Unreal Tournament 2004

"
That's Silly, Counter Strike is all I need.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By dr_nefarious
SmugDarkLoser said:
"dr_nefarious said:

Seriously now, speaking to someone who's played neither, go into a match in both.  I can guarantee you you'll hold your own in COD4 (assuming you play other shooters) where as you'll get absolutely slaughtered in Halo.   While there's so many more things to consider, the fact that it's not a game of peek-a-boo should give it away that a more experienced have a huge advantage.   And hell, COD4 is not about reactions speed. Quake's about reaction speed.  COD 4's all about pretty much finding the other person first.  Maybe it's just me, I'm special or something, but I find that most players just run through blindly in COD looking for kills.  There's really no flow or holds. "
Sorry but as much as you may not want to admit it. Halo 3 is more about people wandering around aimlessly looking for kills. CoD4 actually involves people taking sniper shots at you. I believe Halo 3 is more about who beats who down first.
EvolutionX0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By EvolutionX0

call of duty 4, Fun,Awesome And Way better than halo 3

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By dr_nefarious
crunchUK said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"RandomHero666 said:
Yea, Vegas 2 is pretty damn awesome.  Like halo quite a bit more, but Vegas 2 is next.COD4 felt good for the first month or so, but there's not much depth to it all.  It's, as I said earlier, just a game of running around and shooting, even the objective matches. "
I enjoyed GRAW better than vegas. Things took a while to get going and there was no spawn system to speak of (although the same is true with vegas). And 90% of the maps were broken or just plain sucked, but WHEN it worked it was epic."

iAmJohn said:
"Team Fortress 2 is the correct answer."
All of you, stay on the damn subject..please.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Plasma
Gmanall said:
"Vinchenzo said:
"Oh god, not another "which do you prefer" thread.By the way, I prefer Half-Life. Because it's a better game than either of those two will ever be."
Sad sad little man, he is so young and naive(*Psss*The answer is halo)  "

Dude, dont patrionise people when you obviously the 'young and naive" one, anyway:

Call of Duty has the awesome feeling realism
Halo has epic scale and sci-fi

COD wins, but only because I like a realistic experience of something i'll never do.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By crunchUK
dr_nefarious said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"dr_nefarious said:

Sorry but as much as you may not want to admit it. Halo 3 is more about people wandering around aimlessly looking for kills. CoD4 actually involves people taking sniper shots at you. I believe Halo 3 is more about who beats who down first."
Yeah... coming form the sargeant with a 0.60 k/d ratio. I suggest you play 30+ squad battle one day with me. Then try again and claim that halo 3 is all about people wandering around aimlessly and beatdowns. By god there is so much ignorance in that post. I find it funny that those who criticize halo 3 for not requiring skill or strategy or whatever haven't even played a single competitive game of halo 3.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By jkz

COD4 for PC. Halo's aim is much too floaty, as is player control. HS = 40 btw for anyone who wants to say "LOL YOU SO BAYD YOU R NEVAR PLAY HALO 4 REALZ"

But Half Life does indeed beat both of them, and I simply laugh at those who say HL 1/2 were bad games.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By dr_nefarious
crunchUK said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"dr_nefarious said:

Sorry but as much as you may not want to admit it. Halo 3 is more about people wandering around aimlessly looking for kills. CoD4 actually involves people taking sniper shots at you. I believe Halo 3 is more about who beats who down first."
Yeah... coming form the sargeant with a 0.60 k/d ratio. I suggest you play 30+ squad battle one day with me. Then try again and claim that halo 3 is all about people wandering around aimlessly and beatdowns. By god there is so much ignorance in that post. I find it funny that those who criticize halo 3 for not requiring skill or strategy or whatever haven't even played a single competitive game of halo 3."
Trust me those were competitive games that I played. You're surprisingly good though.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By crunchUK
dr_nefarious said:
"crunchUK said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"dr_nefarious said:

Yeah... coming form the sargeant with a 0.60 k/d ratio. I suggest you play 30+ squad battle one day with me. Then try again and claim that halo 3 is all about people wandering around aimlessly and beatdowns. By god there is so much ignorance in that post. I find it funny that those who criticize halo 3 for not requiring skill or strategy or whatever haven't even played a single competitive game of halo 3."
Trust me those were competitive games that I played. You're surprisingly good though."
Yeah... no. You seem to forget that the ranking system put you against n00bs the whole time. Go tell the peeps on the bungie.net forums that halo is "all bout people wandering aorund aimlessly and beatdowns". I don't know whether you'll get laughed at or flamed but pretty much every single faction of halo 3, Be it big teamers, MLG, pseudoMLG, "fun" players, FFa pros or w.e.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By jkz
crunchUK said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"crunchUK said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"SmugDarkLoser said:
"dr_nefarious said:

Trust me those were competitive games that I played. You're surprisingly good though."
Yeah... no. You seem to forget that the ranking system put you against n00bs the whole time. Go tell the peeps on the bungie.net forums that halo is "all bout people wandering aorund aimlessly and beatdowns". I don't know whether you'll get laughed at or flamed but pretty much every single faction of halo 3, Be it big teamers, MLG, pseudoMLG, "fun" players, FFa pros or w.e. "
Did you just suggest he take his criticisms about a game to the game's forum, which is frequented almost solely by people who play the game regularly? Color me confused
gimmysumcowbel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By gimmysumcowbel

they are both really good
ima say halo 3 caus when some crazy shit happens u can watch it over and over 

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By crunchUK
jukezypoo said:
"crunchUK said:
Yeah... no. You seem to forget that the ranking system put you against n00bs the whole time. Go tell the peeps on the bungie.net forums that halo is "all bout people wandering aorund aimlessly and beatdowns". I don't know whether you'll get laughed at or flamed but pretty much every single faction of halo 3, Be it big teamers, MLG, pseudoMLG, "fun" players, FFa pros or w.e. "
Did you just suggest he take his criticisms about a game to the game's forum, which is frequented almost solely by people who play the game regularly? Color me confused"
Yes. precisely because it is full of people who play the game frequently and at competitive levels
Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Krypton

Cod4 all the way!
Halo 3 is meh...

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9398c1300c7
deactivated-5f9398c1300c7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halo3, defiantly. CoD4's ranking system is very limited and the perks and weapons are very imbalanced and useless. M16 and Stopping Power/Juggernaut is the only useful combo. Everything else is useless.

Halo3's only customization is its armor perms and and symbols. Everything else is just tactics and craziness.

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By jkz
crunchUK said:
"jukezypoo said:
"crunchUK said:
Did you just suggest he take his criticisms about a game to the game's forum, which is frequented almost solely by people who play the game regularly? Color me confused"
Yes. precisely because it is full of people who play the game frequently and at competitive levels"
But wouldn't even the most well-informed of criticisms of the most terrible game ever created be instantly dismissed by the fans who still attend to the game?

A board populated solely by a game's fans can not be expected to contain players with varied opinions of said game. A board populated by a diverse mix of people with different tastes in games, however, may.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By crunchUK
jukezypoo said:
"crunchUK said:
"jukezypoo said:
"crunchUK said:
Yes. precisely because it is full of people who play the game frequently and at competitive levels"
But wouldn't even the most well-informed of criticisms of the most terrible game ever created be instantly dismissed by the fans who still attend to the game?A board populated solely by a game's fans can not be expected to contain players with varied opinions of said game. A board populated by a diverse mix of people with different tastes in games, however, may."
And there are no varied opinions because they all play it at a competitive level.
SmugDarkLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By SmugDarkLoser
jukezypoo said:
"crunchUK said:
"jukezypoo said:
"crunchUK said:
But wouldn't even the most well-informed of criticisms of the most terrible game ever created be instantly dismissed by the fans who still attend to the game?A board populated solely by a game's fans can not be expected to contain players with varied opinions of said game. A board populated by a diverse mix of people with different tastes in games, however, may."

Oh my, you have no idea.  The halo 3 community  is one of the most picky groups of gamers out there.  You've got people even complaining about having unneccessary geometrical structures, etc.
iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#91  Edited By iamjohn
dr_nefarious said:
"All of you, stay on the damn subject..please."
My answer is better than the subject.  Therefore, my answer is the new subject.
jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By jkz
SmugDarkLoser said:
"jukezypoo said:
"crunchUK said:
"jukezypoo said:
"crunchUK said:
Oh my, you have no idea.  The halo 3 community  is one of the most picky groups of gamers out there.  You've got people even complaining about having unneccessary geometrical structures, etc."
Maybe I don't, I was just playing the devil's advocate (or maybe god's?)

I really don't care for either game overmuch, I think more fondly of games like half life, so I was just looking at the argument as an outsider.
N3onThr33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By N3onThr33

Call of Duty 4. Just seems more fun to me.

Fosssil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#94  Edited By Fosssil
jukezypoo said:
"But wouldn't even the most well-informed of criticisms of the most terrible game ever created be instantly dismissed by the fans who still attend to the game?A board populated solely by a game's fans can not be expected to contain players with varied opinions of said game. A board populated by a diverse mix of people with different tastes in games, however, may."
It may not make immediate sense, but I think Crunch does have a solid point. A really dedicated Halo fan (who has invested hundreds of hours into the game) is going to have the most knowledge and understanding of the game, and be better equipped to point out the game's various strengths and flaws. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with Halo 3. While I greatly enjoy the game on some occasions, I've played enough of it to realize each and every flaw in the game, which can lead to some very frustrating moments when the game doesn't work the way it should.
sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By sodiumCyclops

Halo 3 for no real reason. I like cod4 heaps but the can only play with Australians as the lag in the U.S gets too much most of the time. Halo 3 never lags for me so it's a gimmie :)

IVIorpheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By IVIorpheus

I have to go with Halo 3. Much easier to get into if you've stopped playing for a while.

REDRUN
said:

"COD4 hands down, less high sqeeling pre-teen whining and rambling during matches."

Simple fix, turn off the mic or mute them....
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By dr_nefarious
iAmJohn said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"All of you, stay on the damn subject..please."
My answer is better than the subject.  Therefore, my answer is the new subject.
"
I could eat your subject and crap up an entirely new one that is much better. Hah, I win.

crunchUK said:
"jukezypoo said:
"crunchUK said:
Oh yeah deal with fanboys, great idea. Halo 3 could be absolute shit and you could give every reason in the book as to why it sucks but as long as you have fanboys you'll get no where quick.
guiseppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#98  Edited By guiseppe

I don't care for Halo, and I find CoD 4 vastly superior in every way. So.. CoD 4.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#99  Edited By mracoon

COD 4, I've just never enjoyed Halo games.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By crunchUK
Fosssil said:
"jukezypoo said:
"But wouldn't even the most well-informed of criticisms of the most terrible game ever created be instantly dismissed by the fans who still attend to the game?A board populated solely by a game's fans can not be expected to contain players with varied opinions of said game. A board populated by a diverse mix of people with different tastes in games, however, may."
It may not make immediate sense, but I think Crunch does have a solid point. A really dedicated Halo fan (who has invested hundreds of hours into the game) is going to have the most knowledge and understanding of the game, and be better equipped to point out the game's various strengths and flaws. Personally, I have a love/hate relationship with Halo 3. While I greatly enjoy the game on some occasions, I've played enough of it to realize each and every flaw in the game, which can lead to some very frustrating moments when the game doesn't work the way it should. "
play squad battle

Now THAT is flawless.......

That is, apart form the waiting times for a game at high levels :P. But yeah thanks for explaining my point better...