• 123 results
#1 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
#2 Posted by Brendan (7687 posts) -

I get a bit bored of the environments of Fallout, and I'm so used to guns from shooters that I find it a nice change to go swords and magic in ES.  Both excellent franchises though.

#3 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

I couldn't find another poll or post about this topic so I thought I would start one. 
If there is one feel free to delete this mods.

#4 Posted by memo (421 posts) -

I liked Fallout 3 and currently enjoying Fallout New Vegas but I have a feeling I am really going to like Skyrim when it comes out.

#5 Edited by Bollard (5255 posts) -

Wasn't there a thread on this already? And Oblivion, duh. 

EDIT: Well, I was kinda right. This thread was on the first page of the General Discussion which is rather similar, but I guess not the same entirely.

#6 Posted by BulletproofMonk (2718 posts) -

Fallout, all the way. Oblivion bored me to tears.

#7 Posted by animateria (3252 posts) -

Elder Scrolls. I don't like how depressing and disgusting Fallout can get. 

Also I like green over brown.

#8 Posted by norton123 (311 posts) -

Both franchises are great, but I suppose I'm more partial to the whole post-apocalyptic thing. 

#9 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

Hm... I like Morrowind, dislike Oblivion.  I like Fallout 3, dislike New Vegas.

#10 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -

Fallout 3, being the only Fallout I've played, just didn't do it for me.

#11 Posted by ryanedition (4 posts) -

Elder Scrolls, I tried multiple times to play some Fallout 3 but I just couldn't get into it.

#12 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

It's a tie for me.

#13 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
@zyn: I foresee you will love Skyrim and love the next Fallout.
#14 Posted by Cirdain (2996 posts) -

Elder Scrolls.....

#15 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

While in The Elder Scrolls you can find new and strange things all around from different races and such, in Fallout you already know everything about the world since its the same one we're in except nuked.

#16 Posted by Daveyo520 (6652 posts) -

Fallout

#17 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -

Fallout 1 & 2 are some of the best games I've ever played. I loved Morrowind and liked the others.

So Fallout.

#18 Posted by Master_Funk (728 posts) -

I think both are awesome, but my craving for a huge fantasy world in skyrim  is strong right now, so Im gonna say Elder scrolls

#19 Posted by FreakAche (2949 posts) -

Well Morrowind > Oblivion > Fallout 3, but they're all great games. I haven't played New Vegas yet.

#20 Posted by skrutop (3615 posts) -

I like them both equally, but differently.  I like Fallout's mythology more, but I really like the world that Bethesda created for the Elder Scrolls.

#21 Posted by Klei (1768 posts) -
To me, nothing can even touch a good Fallout setting. 

It's been too long since i've seen a proper fantasy world. Except the Witcher.
#22 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5806 posts) -

I like Morrowind the best out of both franchises

I liked Fallout Vegas better than Oblivion and Fallout 3, but Fallout 1 is better than all 3.

#23 Edited by Yoghurt (95 posts) -

Question is not clear enough. Fallout 1 & 2? Hell yeah, all the way, still playing both and will be till the Kingdom Come.  

But Fallout 3? I'll stick to the Oblivion with swords in this one, just because F3 is ugly as shit, even if it has it's great moments. How is it that F1&F2, even with their old 2D isometric engine could have terrific locales, well thought out enviroment and variety? NCR doesn't look anything like the Den, Junkyard is so much different than Boneyard, and Glow or Sierra Army Depots are great examples of designing with style and atmosphere. In F3? Almost every settlement looks exactly the same, and ruined Washington (especially metro stations) is just boring as hell. Oblivion at least differentiated it's vistas a bit - snowy mountains here, some green plains there, and cities were pretty distinct in architecture. The only locations I fondly remeber from F3 and which stand out are the Oasis, "newbie town" Megaton and Tenpenny Tower. Mybe you can count DLCs as something new, but still, first impression is not nice. Especially when you compare it to the awesomness of comparing backwatered Shady Sands and Brotherhood's bunker. In F3 such contrasts are not well presented, even the Pentagon looks like some shitty mall you find near Megaton.

#24 Posted by Nasar7 (2606 posts) -

Elder Scrolls.

#25 Posted by emem (1961 posts) -

I also like both franchises equally and I can't even directly compare the games, because they are so different.

#26 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

I play Fallout 3 before Oblivion, and I liked it a lot more. SO, that.

#27 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

Like i said in OPs previous topic, post apocalypse always wins.
Thats not to say that medieval fantasy atmosphere doesn't rock as well, both are great franchises.  

#28 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -
@Yoghurt:  You're right. I think of I should of re phrased the poll to be "Which of the current Bethesda series do you prefer"
#29 Posted by mikey87144 (1664 posts) -

The Elder Scrolls. Not interested in stunted FPS gameplay and the post apocalyptic thing.

#30 Posted by CaptainCody (1505 posts) -

I don't know how anyone can prefer Fallout over Elder Scrolls, but that's just me. I struggled to do absolutely everything possible in the fallout games to cap over 100 hours on my playthroughs, Elder Scrolls games I barely had a problem considering I could at least warrant a reason as to running through the game multiple times along with their seeming to be more to do.
#31 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1766 posts) -

Fallout. I never got into Oblivion.

#32 Posted by project343 (2812 posts) -

I'll say Elder Scrolls. Fantasy is a far happier setting than post-apocalyptia.

#33 Posted by PhantomGardener (455 posts) -

Hard choise is hard, but in the end I would go with Elder Scrolls.

#34 Posted by MetalMoog (907 posts) -

Gotta go with Fallout 3 myself. The post apocalyptic wasteland, vats system and different weapons and people I loved. Environments got quite boring though, too many subways and brown wasteland everywhere. Oblivion I have never finished. I hated doing the Oblivion Gates, thought they were all terribly boring, and hate the combat mechanics and utterly ridiculous levelling system of the game.

#35 Posted by KittenMitten (111 posts) -

While I really love both more I can say, I think TES wins, if only because the post-apocalyptic setting can get old after 100 hours. 

#36 Posted by Badhands (399 posts) -

They both are awesome games for sure, and its hard to rate them against each other because the one I play when I want a sweet open world RPG with guns and the other when I was a fantasy version. But if I had to pick I would probably go with The Elder Scrolls, I just like the area and lore behind the elder scrolls. 

#37 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5110 posts) -

I don't like fantasy that much.

#38 Posted by Centimani (550 posts) -

I've always taken sci-fi over fantasy in all things, but I really enjoy Elder Scrolls much more than the Fallout Series. I never played New Vegas though.

#39 Posted by AlexW00d (6185 posts) -

I've played the shit out of both series, but ES has to take it for me. I like swords and magic what can I say...

#40 Posted by Redbullet685 (6025 posts) -

Fallout

#41 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

I played Fallout 3, but I lived in Oblivion.

#42 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

Elder Scrolls is really good. 
Fallout is fucking amazing.

#43 Posted by Abc422 (1 posts) -

Elder Scrolls. Fallout is really, really good game and you should get 3 and Vegas if you haven't got them or played them. But Elder Scrolls has a larger variety, and I loved Oblivion and Skyrim looks beast.

#44 Posted by Humanity (8813 posts) -

You mean real Fallout, or Bethesdas Fallout? Because to me Fallout 3 is like an intricate Oblivion mod made by a Bethesda dev team.

#45 Posted by buzz_clik (6919 posts) -

@animateria said:

I don't like how depressing and disgusting Fallout can get.

That's exactly why I prefer Fallout. I love the bleak solitude of it all, just you against a harsh and barren world.

/emo

#46 Posted by MEATBALL (3071 posts) -

I enjoy Fallout's setting over the Elder Scrolls in general, however I much prefer Skyrim to the Capital Wasteland or Mojave Desert.

#47 Posted by matti00 (668 posts) -

41% of people are stupid.

#48 Posted by Tamaster92 (271 posts) -

They are both brilliant but something about the world of fallout really ticks with me so fallout all the way

#49 Posted by Vextroid (1358 posts) -

Fallout.

I'm more into guns and the post-apocalypse setting, then the fantasy setting with spells and orcs/elves.

#50 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

I abhor generic fantasy. Fallout all the way.