Which game are you picking up on the 20th?

• 96 results
jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By jimmyfenix

Poll Which game are you picking up on the 20th? (512 votes)

Saints Row IV 56%
The Bureau X-Com 14%
Splinter Cell Blacklist 8%
Divekick 31%
None 27%
Other 4%

The 20th is a blockbuster date for games But what game or game`s will you guys be picking up ?

I am getting ready for GTA V so i will miss out on the top games of this month but i guess most of you guy`s will be "Rolling with the Saints" As the cool kids say.

It will be interesting to see how many of you will vote for The bureau as that game is a dark horse contender in this case.

• 
Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#51  Edited By Seppli

Between scorching summer sun forcing summer beach fun on me, and the metric shit ton of games I still got to dig myself out under of - from recently having bought into PS+ and PS Vita - it's unlikely I'll have the time or the passion to grab a full retail game before GTA V.

That said, I'm intrigued by The Bureau. If it all comes together nicely, I will consider a purchase. Saint's Row IV sure looks like good fun, and having enjoyed Saint Row III for just the stupid silly shit SRIV seems to build up on, it's certainly on my radar, but it's not a day 1 purchase for me.

So yeah, if anything, The Bureau gets my vote.

Rafaelfc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Rafaelfc

Saints Row IV of course

triple07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I would get saints row 4 but I've already spent too much money on games this summer so I may wait for it a little while.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unlike the rest of the people in this thread so far, I'm most hyped for Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Still, I'm not surprised to see it in the bottom of the poll, this is Giant Bomb after all, where Splinter Cell as a franchise is routinely glossed over by the staff and coolly received by the community at best.

Yeah i understand your opinion. I think thats the same with saints row. It is liked by people in giantbomb and looked down upon other gaming sites.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

"The 20th is a blockbuster date for games"

lol

I know Saint's Row is popular but come on.

winsord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Saints Row and X-Com both. I'll play Splinter Cell when it's around $10, and Divekick is something I'm kind of interested in, but it's taking a back seat to Saints Row and X-Com, as I won't even have time to play both of those. FFXIV Reborn and Diva F come out the following week, and while I really want to play both of those, I don't think I'll have the time with GTA V so soon after.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need a bit more coverage of Xcom before I'm totally sold. But Saints Row will probably be a buy, and perhaps Dive Kick as well if I'm going to be hanging out with my friends.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Saints Row IV and Divekick. Games of the year!

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunslingerpanda: I guess you voted for blacklist then cause no else bothered too!

jacdg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#60  Edited By jacdg

None (maybe Saints Row)

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Was thinking about Saints Row IV, but then i remembered that Saints Row III runs like shit on PC so im waiting on some information about have they done anything to it.

Not that interested in other games this month, might pick Lords of Shadow cos its cheap and from what i tried the demo runs like a dream.

MikeJFlick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to grab a new game, but honestly, none of those games tickle me at all.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Long live the Row.

Teoball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll pick up SRIV and Blacklist. Making Splinter Cell more actiony even without Michael Ironside does not keep me from wanting to play it.

Was thinking about Saints Row IV, but then i remembered that Saints Row III runs like shit on PC so im waiting on some information about have they done anything to it.

You are crazy. I'm running SR3 with all the graphics options at max in 1080p, and it's a smooth 60 frames at all times.

zenmastah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By zenmastah

@teoball:

770 and a i5 with 8GB of RAM and it seriously has the GTAIV syndrome where it just cant hold a 60 all the time, especially when driving around and various other places.

mrfluke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the bureau will depend on reviews, and same with splinter cell.

but yea, divekick and saints row 4 for me.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mclargepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#68  Edited By mclargepants

Well I was one of the lucky few to get a free Divekick download as part of their EVO coverage, so I got that covered. I might get XCOM or I might get Saints Row, I'm sure SR4 is gonna be awesome, but I kinda want to see it in action before I commit (I didn't like the way 3 felt, so I wanna see it's more my taste first), and XCOM seems really interesting. So, I'll probably wait for Saints Row, and if XCOM reviews well I'll go there, but I'll probably be Divekicking all that day.

Edit: Reading the thread someone reminded me of FFXIV, and I'll definitely be diving into that, so maybe I'll wait on the others. I'm sure my wallet could use the break.

nights

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By nights

@backuppanic said:

Unlike the rest of the people in this thread so far, I'm most hyped for Splinter Cell: Blacklist. Still, I'm not surprised to see it in the bottom of the poll, this is Giant Bomb after all, where Splinter Cell as a franchise is routinely glossed over by the staff and coolly received by the community at best.

Splinter Cell used to be one of my favorite franchises, but it's been a shadow of its former self ever since Chaos Theory. To be fair, I hear the original Xbox version of Double Agent was pretty good, but I haven't played it myself. I like there to be an emphasis on stealth in my stealth games. Conviction was garbage in that respect.

DharmaBum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#70  Edited By DharmaBum

@nights said:

@backuppanic said:

Splinter Cell used to be one of my favorite franchises, but it's been a shadow of its former self ever since Chaos Theory. To be fair, I hear the original Xbox version of Double Agent was pretty good, but I haven't played it myself. I like there to be an emphasis on stealth in my stealth games. Conviction was garbage in that respect.

I'm hoping that Blacklist is a return to form as it will allow for a non-lethal playstyle and have a perfectionist mode that gets rid of mark and execute. It will still need large, expansive levels to explore if it wants to be as good as Chaos Theory though. And of course there won't be any Amon Tobin or Ironside, sadly.

Spies vs. Mercs looks pretty good from what I have seen (minus the easy spawn points):

Loading Video...

BackupPanic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BackupPanic

@mikkaq: Yeah, the internet's not too keen on more Sam Fisher these days.

And I'll give you that, it's certainly hasn't been as engaging an experience gameplay-wise since Chaos Theory. I just got really caught up with the premise and lead protagonist more than some, I suppose. Hence, I'm willing to sacrifice the pure stealth experience for accessibility if it means they'll keep dipping into that inkwell of fiction.

@jimmyfenix: True that, I've yet to play any of the Saints Row games though, so I've not much rope to pull on when it comes to that franchise. I'm hoping at least Vinny gets into it though, as his heart seems the most open to receiving the boon this latest Splinter Cell is made out to be.

@nights: Splinter Cell for me has always been more about Sam Fisher than the pure stealth gameplay of the first couple games, so I'm not that peeved they "actioned" it up a bit. Also, original Xbox Double Agent is basically Chaos Theory 2.0, so if you liked that game and come across it cheap, I'd recommend you pick it up.

And on Conviction, I'd argue there was an emphasis on stealth, it's just most Splinter Cell fans up to that point liked using it to avoid enemies, not taking them out. I'm not going to say the stealth was as deep and fully realized as the old games, but it was there if you cared to look past the level design catering for confrontation, particularly in the Deniable Ops mode and Co-op campaign.

@dharmabum: As am I. Still not seeing why people hate on Mark and Execute so much though, shooting people was always my most hated part of Splinter Cell as a whole, so if I can get the game to do it for me and look way cooler and more fluid whilst doing so, than I'm all for it.

No Ironside is a bit of bummer, but he didn't really care for or enjoy the character after the first couple games anyways, so more power to him for leaving the role. Amon Tobin is the worst of the two bummers if you ask me, his soundtrack to Chaos Theory really just hit the nail on the head when it comes to an all-around musical tone for Splinter Cell, and is still routinely listened to in my house.

Spies vs. Mercs is looking pretty good though. I just wish they'd kept the contained spawn points from Pandora and Chaos' renditions of the mode, granted spawn-killing still happened, but it was nowhere near the levels seen in your Halos and Call of Dutys.

enemaems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@bisonhero said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

The game that has a gun in which you shoot dubstep.

Edit: Now that I think about it, didn't Saints Row the Third and Xcom Enemy Unknown come out on the same day in 2011? If so, that's a hell of a coincidence.

Saints Row 3 came out in 2011, XCOM came out in 2012.

Oh, that's right.

XCOM and Dishonored came out the same day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f
deactivated-5c4a6d7d37a3f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saints Row 4. Payed in advance for the Wub Wub edition, because I believe! Also Super Powers.

Also getting Dive Kick because why not?

I'm going to pick up The Bureau as well, but might not get around to playing it for a while.

Got a game backlog that's going to get destroyed when Saints Row 4 shows up. If they don't get finished by august 20th, they're getting shelved and forgotten.

sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

None for me right away, but I'm super curious as to how Saints Row IV and XCOM will turn out. I suspect I'll be buying both shortly after their release or possibly during Black Friday.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#75  Edited By Dimsey

Saints Row for sure. Divekick definitely.
Gonna wait and see with Splintercell and XCOM.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

Divekick at most. I'm strapped for cash and will wait for SR4 and The Bureau to be on sale before I purchase them.

Splinter Cell? What's that? Oh right. Chaos Theory. That was a good game. It had sequels?

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#77  Edited By Tennmuerti

I already bought the first 2 on that list.

The Steam pre-order add to cart button seems to have hypnotic properties on me (if it is something I am even remotely interested in). Not seeing physical money go away helps.

emoney244

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The most hype game ever, Divekick.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I doubt I'll be getting any of those. August is a wash for me, it's all about Rome 2 on September 3rd.

@mikkaq said:

Saints Row for sure, but maybe XCOM.

@backuppanic said:

It seems to me that's the general reaction to SC games these days all over the internet. For me it's because they never made a good follow-up to Chaos Theory. Everything since has felt like a big step back.

Yeah I don't think that reaction is unique to Giant Bomb at all. Those Clancy franchises which used to offer something a bit different all kinda lost their way a long time ago now.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#81  Edited By MEATBALL

Saints Row IV, The Bureau and Divekick. :D Also getting Wonderful 101 that weekend. August is so packed. D:

kerse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Probably just Saint's Row, but I might wait on it, school starts that week and I still have a backlog of games to get to and I am gonna be getting into Tales of Xillia this week so with school that game will probably take me a month to get through.

abendlaender

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On the 20th? I'm having more problems today. Spelunky, Paper,Please and Guacamelee are all out on Steam today and I still have like 15 games left that I bought in the sale

DeF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Splinter Cell, The Wonderful 101 and MAYBE Rayman Legends. Not sure yet.

Btw, European here, we get even more games that week.

Saints Row 4 and The Bureau are steam sale material!

XtremePudim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By XtremePudim

I voted for Saint's Row and Divekick, because i will definitely be picking both up as soon as they are released. I have zero interest in Blacklist, and will wait for reviews of The Bureau. If it turns out good i might pick it up, or bookmark it for a future sale on Steam

planetary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Europa Universalis IV on the 13th!

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@enemaems said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

@bisonhero said:

@themanwithnoplan said:

The game that has a gun in which you shoot dubstep.

Edit: Now that I think about it, didn't Saints Row the Third and Xcom Enemy Unknown come out on the same day in 2011? If so, that's a hell of a coincidence.

Saints Row 3 came out in 2011, XCOM came out in 2012.

Oh, that's right.

XCOM and Dishonored came out the same day.

That's what I was thinking of.

Darji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None. I will be playing FFXIV XD

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Weird, I have 0 interest in any of these titles.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Saint's Row, Splinter Cell and Divekick for me.

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nothing as that's the second day of my vacation in Hawaii and tax in Hawaii is fucked

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I don't have the money nor do I need more games to play to get any of those enumerated games.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love Splinter Cell but I don't think Blacklist looks very good at all. It looks competent but not really what I am looking for.

I'll probably get Saints Row IV. Maybe Divekick for the diving.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#94 gamer_152  Moderator

I won't be getting it on launch day, but I'm definitely going to pick up Saints Row IV at some point.

Aquablak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I voted none. I've got a pile of games to play yet, and I am eagerly anticipating the PS4. I'll largely hold off on gaming purchases until then.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#96  Edited By Sooty

I'm waiting to see how Spies vs. Mercs turns out on Blacklist first.

Divekick is a joke that has gone way too far. Can't believe they are charging money for it.