Which game should I get? Bastion or Civ. 5?

Avatar image for deactivated-5de441812a230
deactivated-5de441812a230

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A man chooses, a slave obeys!  

P.s. Civ 5 is on sale for the same price as Bastion (in Canada). I've only got the dough for one. Help me choose.

Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By TheSeductiveMoose

Civ 5.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Since Bastion won't be going up in price, you should get Civ 5.

adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By adz117

I don't know your gaming likes, so I can't make this decision, it's too damn hard!

EDIT: Bastion.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous
@FancySoapsMan said:
Probably this.
ethan_raiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#7  Edited By ethan_raiden

Civ 5 on steam sale at the moment you should really get it now for that price, it will last you a long long time

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Bastion will always be 15, Civ wont

m0rdr3d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By m0rdr3d

Regardless of price...Civ 5, man.  Come on.
yoshimitz707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By yoshimitz707

Bastion all the way!

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#11  Edited By sammo21

@GravityProof: Few things:

1. Bastion won't go cheaper than $15 for a very long time

2. Bastion will not have as long a tail or replay value as Civ 5

3. Bastion is single player only

4. Civ 5 will have even more DLC for quite a while longer

I love Bastion but if your choice is between the two then that means you want Civ 5 and in terms of value for dollar its exceptionally higher with Civ 5.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By Gav47
@FancySoapsMan said:
Logic
adz117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adz117

My answer now seems stupid, listen to everyone else instead.

kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By kelbear

First one, then the other. I loved Civ 5 and I'm loving Bastion. (I'd start with Civ 5) 

Oh, and clear your calendar before starting Civ 5, you're not going anywhere for a long time. 

jasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jasta

Civ 5 will last you a hell of a lot longer mate, and its on the cheap. 

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Masha2932

Civ 5 is more bang for your buck

ascholzk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17  Edited By ascholzk

I enjoyed playing Civ 5 far more than Bastion so far. And Civ will go up in price. So Civ 5.

ReyGitano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By ReyGitano

Civ 5 now because I'm a cheap bastard, but dammit man, get Bastion as soon as you can.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#19  Edited By ShadowSkill11

I don't understand why you can spend time playing video games instead of earning coin if you can't afford two games at or around $15 each.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As people have already said, Bastion will be waiting for you at the same price when you do go back to buy it. Civ 5 on the other hand will not, so choose that one. Bastion is fantastic though.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By dillonwerner

Probably Civ, so God damn addicting..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShadowSkill11 said:

I don't understand why you can spend time playing video games instead of earning coin if you can't afford two games at or around $15 each.

You know what? I totally could afford to buy both games (!), but I'm so busy 'earning coin' and doing other shit that I know I'll only get around to playing one of them, so I might as well not spend my money on both. All the same - thanks for taking this opportunity to get on your soapbox and act like a petulant little bitch. Having been away from internet forums for a time, I was beginning to regain my faith in humanity. This was a much needed reality check. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

P.S. Thanks to everyone else for your constructive comments. Gonna pick up CIV tomorrow!

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#24  Edited By ThePickle

Bastion is great but Civ 5 is one of the finest games this generation.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@GravityProof said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

You know what? I totally could afford to buy both games (!), but I'm so busy 'earning coin' and doing other shit that I know I'll only get around to playing one of them, so I might as well not spend my money on both. All the same - thanks for taking this opportunity to get on your soapbox and act like a petulant little bitch. Having been away from internet forums for a time, I was beginning to regain my faith in humanity. This was a much needed reality check.

Hey little boy. You opening statement included "P.s. Civ 5 is on sale for the same price as Bastion (in Canada). I've only got the dough for one. Help me choose. "

You're own words betrayed the fact that you only had enough money for one game. Then again, emotional rants with no basis in logic are a staple of bratty children. So perhaps you should review your own words before you betray your age again little one.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Hey little boy. You opening statement included "P.s. Civ 5 is on sale for the same price as Bastion (in Canada). I've only got the dough for one. Help me choose. "

You're own words betrayed the fact that you only had enough money for one game. So perhaps you should review your own words before you betray your age again little one.

And 'you are' own words betray the fact that your mother is your sister. Edit: YEEHAW! 
 ShadowSkill11 relaxing at home.
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@GravityProof said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

You're own words betrayed the fact that you only had enough money for one game. So perhaps you should review your own words before you betray your age again little one.

And 'you are' own words betray the fact that your mother is your sister. Edit: YEEHAW!

Keep going little one. I enjoy seeing the best of what Canada's youth have to offer in mindless rants.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#28  Edited By Little_Socrates

Not only is Civ V only gonna be this price for a little longer, but Bastion is just not really as good a game where I'm at now. Bastion might have some serious pay-off later, but where I'm at it's just good.

Civ V is also GREAT. You should play that for sure. Bastion will still be waiting for you later.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ShadowSkill11 said:

@GravityProof said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Keep going little one. I enjoy seeing the best of what Canada's youth have to offer in mindless rants.

You're right. I'm very, very sorry for calling you out on your arrogant self-aggrandizing comments and for insulting your profligate mother. I'm sure she's a special lady. Please permit me to extend an olive branch to you, by expressing my unwavering belief that neither you nor your comments possess any merit whatsoever, so that we may continue to not give a shit about each other as we head into a glorious, bright future; in which I have a cool not-inbred life, and you continue to think that it's terribly devastating to insinuate that someone is young. 

Update! Got Civ 5. It's awesome. Thanks guys.
ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShadowSkill11

3..2...1... topic locked

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JoeyRavn

Bastion is great and I'm loving it so far... But Civ V is gonna give you potentially infinite hours of gameplay. It's fantastic.

Edit: Oh, really? Shut up, you ladies. You're both pretty. Discussion over.

dvand987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dvand987

Civ 5 is the best bang for you buck, the amount of time that will be uncontrollably sucked out from underneath your feet will be well worth the $15 price-point.

buft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 4

#33  Edited By buft
@FancySoapsMan said:
exactly as much as i love bastion it can only get cheaper
valrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By valrog

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By WinterSnowblind

Civ V will almost certainly be even cheaper by the Christmas sales.

I'd say wait for that and play the newer release now instead.

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

Buy fifteen packs of bubblegum.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Branthog

Bastion is an enjoyable game, but for the price, you have to go with Civ 5. More content. Longer lasting. You'll be playing it for a few years. Even if you have to pay for some additional DLC as you go on, it's worth it. Bastion can wait a couple weeks. And hell, maybe it'll be on a discount. :)

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Branthog

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Maybe he's trying to live within a budget? I make well into six figures and I am trying to stick to a budget, so that I can put more toward retirement savings and pay off my mortgage earlier. Not being able to afford an extra $15 for a second game this month and not having an extra $15 budgeted for an extra game are two different things and if he's trying to be wise with his money, then more power to him. I wish I had more constraint and less impulsiveness when it came to my spending.

amomjc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By amomjc

@Branthog said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

Maybe he's trying to live within a budget? I make well into six figures and I am trying to stick to a budget, so that I can put more toward retirement savings and pay off my mortgage earlier. Not being able to afford an extra $15 for a second game this month and not having an extra $15 budgeted for an extra game are two different things and if he's trying to be wise with his money, then more power to him. I wish I had more constraint and less impulsiveness when it came to my spending.

This times a million.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AlexW00d

I am actually completely surprised this community went for Bastion over any game, especially a PC game.

SSully

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SSully

@GravityProof said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

You know what? I totally could afford to buy both games (!), but I'm so busy 'earning coin' and doing other shit that I know I'll only get around to playing one of them, so I might as well not spend my money on both. All the same - thanks for taking this opportunity to get on your soapbox and act like a petulant little bitch. Having been away from internet forums for a time, I was beginning to regain my faith in humanity. This was a much needed reality check.

Fantastic response. Kudos my friend.

Also enjoy Civ. You will get more bang for your buck with it. Get bastion next time you have the money/time for it.

babblinmule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By babblinmule

I love them both, but Civ 5 has the potential to give you hundreds of hours of entertainment. Bastion does not.

ShadowSkill11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By ShadowSkill11

@Branthog said:

@ShadowSkill11 said:

That would have made too much sense.

EtherealSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#44  Edited By EtherealSlayer

Civ IV, the much better entry in the series.