Which game should I grab?

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By zdgro

Just got me a new job and rewarding myself by picking up a new game next week. Just want one for now so I want to make a good choice. I am thinking Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution or Halo 4. Any other suggestions are welcome. Would most likely be on 360 unless one of them runs better on PS3. Just wanted some outside opinions! Thanks in advance!

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By handlas

Hard to say unless I know what you like to play.... but after a quick gander through your achievements it seems like Halo 4 is the obvious answer. No? I thought the campaign was great and MP is fun.

zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By zdgro

@handlas: I was pretty sure that was what I wanted but then I watched the Far Cry 3 quick look and got really stoked for that. Also I recently played Halo 4 at a friends house and realized I am kinda bored with the same halo formula. Also love the Hitman games.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Haven't played Halo, was turned off of Hitman, but am really hyped for Far Cry 3. So uh, that one I guess.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By BonOrbitz

Far Cry 3 looks very, very exciting.

FierceDeity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By FierceDeity

Halo 4 would probably be the best in terms of graphics and replayability. In the Far Cry 3 quick look the guys complained about the 360 version's frame rate but I'm not sure if it's that just relative to the PC experiences they had been having or if that's actually a major issue.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By BaneFireLord

Hitman's fine, but I think Far Cry will give you the most bang for your buck in terms of sheer amounts of content.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Justin258

@FierceDeity said:

Halo 4 would probably be the best in terms of graphics and replayability. In the Far Cry 3 quick look the guys complained about the 360 version's frame rate but I'm not sure if it's that just relative to the PC experiences they had been having or if that's actually a major issue.

It looked pretty bad. OP, I would wait to see if the PS3 version of FC3 runs any better. It probably won't - it will probably be worse - but I would find out first. If you're fine with a bad framerate then Far Cry 3. Otherwise, start saving for a PC.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By crusader8463

XCom. I know you didn't list it as an option so I will assume it was just an oversight and is always the choice when people make these threads. Far Cry looks like it will last the longest of the ones you listed so I vote that. Halo 4 looks like more of the same and I got tired of hitman a few hours in.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By izzygraze

I would say Farcry. If I had money and a good computer, that would be the one i would get.

FunkasaurasRex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FunkasaurasRex
@ZGoon

@handlas: I was pretty sure that was what I wanted but then I watched the Far Cry 3 quick look and got really stoked for that. Also I recently played Halo 4 at a friends house and realized I am kinda bored with the same halo formula. Also love the Hitman games.

If you're genuinely tired of Halo games you may wanna pass, though its worth noting that the multiplayer plays quite a bit differently than previous games. Longtime Hitman fans don't seem too enamoured with the newest iteration but it seems to be a fairly solid game. Far Cry looks pretty fantastic but it appears to run somewhat poorly on consoles compared to PC.

Personally I'd say Halo is your best bet if you aren't too tired of the formula, otherwise give Far Cry a shot.
Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Grillbar

first of congratulations on your new job.

i love every second with hitman. farcry looks really interesting but from what i heard from the QL and other places is that its only decent on consoles, and you need a beast of a pc to play it on max.

have no opinion on halo but i have only heard good things about it.

dont know what games you have but i would recommend xcom, and a bunch of other games that has already come out and you can properly get them on the cheap to

fox01313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 19

#13  Edited By fox01313

Out of those 3, seems that between the multiplayer & the insane single player moments that Far Cry3 is the way to go.

Peanut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Peanut

@crusader8463 said:

XCom. I know you didn't list it as an option so I will assume it was just an oversight and is always the choice when people make these threads.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By zeforgotten

All fine games but if you're tired of the same old same old when it comes to Halo games then Far Cry 3 is the next step. 
Hitman Absolution is a fantastic game but I'm willing to bet there's way more content in Far Cry 3 

Except for people like me making Contracts in Hitman but still! 
Also, Vaas is a fucking awesome character and he's in Far Cry 3 so.. it wins 

Zekhariah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Zekhariah

@ZGoon said:

Just got me a new job and rewarding myself by picking up a new game next week. Just want one for now so I want to make a good choice. I am thinking Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution or Halo 4. Any other suggestions are welcome. Would most likely be on 360 unless one of them runs better on PS3. Just wanted some outside opinions! Thanks in advance!

Wait a bit for more Farcry 3 reviews (maybe next Bombcast?). So far that looks like the best choice (unless your all in for Halo 4 mutliplayer). Especially if you do not get to purchase games frequently, and are looking for something with a longer tail.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#18  Edited By Little_Socrates

Either Far Cry 3 or Halo 4.

I made the choice for those two over Hitman.

Snowboarder75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Snowboarder75

The Far Cry not so quick look sold me. I went out and Preordered it that day.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#20  Edited By TheManWithNoPlan

Magic Tattoo,Sharks,,Vaas.That's all I'm saying.

SharkEthic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By SharkEthic

Far Cry 3 by a huge margin!

jdh5153

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jdh5153

Halo 4 will last you longer than any of those games. Not only do you get a great campaign that's fun solo and co-op (two play throughs right there), you get Spartan Ops, which includes a new co-op 'episode' (consisting of 5 chapters) every week, and last but certainly not least you've got multiplayer which will easily net you 1,000 gameplay hours of the next few years.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By Sackmanjones
@jdh5153: What branch of Microsoft do you work at?
zdgro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By zdgro

I just ordered Far Cry 3. Thanks for the input, people. I always enjoy hearing your guyses opinions on this stuff! I will probably grab halo and hitman eventually also... just wait until they are cheaper.

fuzzypumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25  Edited By fuzzypumpkin

FarCry 3 seems like it's gonna be great from all of the reviews and the quick look. Hitman was okay, but not on the level of Blood Money. Halo 4 is pretty fuggin good so far for me as well.

Zuldim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Zuldim

@TheManWithNoPlan said:

Magic Tattoo,Sharks,,Vaas.That's all I'm saying.

The villain for Far Cry 4 should just be Vaas, transported into the body of a shark, via a magic tattoo. GOTY. Game of forever!