Which game should I play first?

robohasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Edited By robohasi

I have many unplayed games and a whole long weekend. Yet I am still playing Battlefield 3.

Why? Because I can't bring myself to start a new game, so I just keep doing what I'm doing. But now that I have a long weekend and lots of time to play, I really have to move on. But then, which one? That's what I am asking you. What was your favorite of this list, and why should I play it:

• Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Bastion
  • Orcs Must Die!
  • Torchlight

I generally tend to like RPG's the most because of the story and the leveling. I don't really like shooters, but I liked Battlefield for the strategy and teamwork.

robohasi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#1  Edited By robohasi

I have many unplayed games and a whole long weekend. Yet I am still playing Battlefield 3.

Why? Because I can't bring myself to start a new game, so I just keep doing what I'm doing. But now that I have a long weekend and lots of time to play, I really have to move on. But then, which one? That's what I am asking you. What was your favorite of this list, and why should I play it:

• Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Bastion
  • Orcs Must Die!
  • Torchlight

I generally tend to like RPG's the most because of the story and the leveling. I don't really like shooters, but I liked Battlefield for the strategy and teamwork.

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By gearhead

Bastion. Quick game but oh so wonderful.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Jrinswand

Bastion --> Dragon Age --> Torchlight --> Deus Ex --> Viva Pinata --> Orcs Must Die! --> NFS: Hot Pursuit

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#4  Edited By Little_Socrates

Definitely Bastion. It's by far the best game on that list for its aesthetic, music, combat, and story.

Well, Orcs Must Die might have better combat, and I could see an argument for Viva Piñata's general aesthetic. But most of those games are probably okay to miss, while Bastion is not.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By TaliciaDragonsong

Torchlight is good addictive fun, but go for Deus Ex or Dragon Age if you're into a more story based game.

zeushbien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By zeushbien

Dragon Age: Origins is the one I enjoyed the most out of the ones I've played that you've listed.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e28dbaa07135
deactivated-5e28dbaa07135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm playing Torchlight at the moment and I find it can easily be enjoyed as a side project to a bigger game, in my case Bully

If it were my call I would go with Dragon Age though. I think it's fantastic

Double down with Dragon Age if you enjoyed Mass Effect

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming

Well, i haven't played Orcs must die and the Viva Pinata thing. So go for Dragon Age (the first one).

@SuperMeatToy said:

I'm playing Torchlight at the moment and I find it can easily be enjoyed as a side project to a bigger game, in my case Bully

If it were my call I would go with Dragon Age though. I think it's fantastic

Double down with Dragon Age if you enjoyed Mass Effect

Dragon Age: Origins has nothing to do with Mass Effect, other than it being developed by BioWare.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#9  Edited By BeachThunder
Avatar image for deactivated-5e28dbaa07135
deactivated-5e28dbaa07135

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheDudeOfGaming: By no means am I saying they are the same, but many aspects like the conversation system and the well-developed backstory were common to both games

BPRJCTX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BPRJCTX

Viva Pinata.

Anyone who has played it, knows this is no joke.

Amazing game.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By crusader8463

@SuperMeatToy said:

@TheDudeOfGaming: By no means am I saying they are the same, but many aspects like the conversation system and the well-developed backstory were common to both games

The conversation system is nothing like ME. ME uses that dumbed down wheel that is designed to be used in games with nothing but super evil/good morality systems and nothing else. DA:O uses the traditional list system that allows them to have a much more diverse and varied choice system that allows a much more interesting diversity in choices and conversation outcomes then ME where you do nothing but press 1 for the super good line , 2 for the snarky/smart ass line and 3 for the douchebag meany line depending on what you have decided you want your character to be from the get go. Almost every conversation in DA:O had me sitting at my computer for several minutes weighing the pros and cons of what my choices mean and how they will affect the world and my characters and made me actually care about my choice. ME was just nothing but picking the above mentioned option that matched the character I was deciding to play at that time with no regard to anything else.

Slag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 45

#13  Edited By Slag

Dragon Age: Origins

but I like me some epic big games and that's only of those on your list.

if I was going for a quick game Viva Pinata or Torchlight.

gotta admit bastion didn't really do it for me, it had some neat wrinkles (like the narrator and music) but I found it a little hard to get into. Maybe because I didn't feel it played well on keyboard. I plan to give it another chance here in the future once I get a gamepad for my PC.

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Liquidus

Bastion. It's fairly quick and such a good game, probably the best on that list next to Deus Ex HR.