Which game were you going to buy that you ended up droppimg?

• 75 results
twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By twenty0ne

Little Big Planet.

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

Bad Company, Mirrors Edge.

vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#53  Edited By vivek
jonnyp said:
"Assassins creed isn't really a hard game, just repetitive and terribly frustrating.  Shoddy combat and random AI make for a pleasurable play-through..

I'll give it credit for its presentation, as it was stunning, but I found its core mechanics to be cumbersome.
"
Sorry but I think your just wrong. AC was an amazing game, es repetative, but the characters were great and the story though the twist was obvious a mile off but still was good.
The combat system was intuative if you gave it a change, and the free running was extrodinary. Theres nothing in any game out there that comes close to Altair running on the roofs.
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By inkeiren

Final Fantasy XI. This was a while back, of course.

I used to be absolutely fascinated with the concept of MMOs. But it cost monthly, and I was a fair bit younger. Almost all of the players would be much older than me back then, so the socializing would be very disappointing.

Needless to say in 2009 picking up Final Fantasy XI seems like a boring thing to do (to me).

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hmmm, ones that I was going to get but I have not would include Need for Speed Undercover and Midnight Club 4 LA. I just did not get them as I had mixed feelings about the car handling and also have far too many racers unfinished to justify more.

Ones I was on the fence but ended up getting include Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts and Mortal Kombat. Both of those I have a lot to do on still even though I got them over 2 months ago :(
This is why I am going to go through all the games one by one and finish them or get as far as I possibly can and then move onto the next before buying more.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#56  Edited By citizenkane
Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Bear

Was thinking about buying Last Remnant, but bad reviews noting all the technical issues made me avoid it. I hope the PS3 version runs better.

mrhankey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#58  Edited By mrhankey

Far Cry 2, F.E.A.R. 2, Mirror's Edge

I would still like these, but other games await. I have a rule two games at once, so right now i need to be S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky or Warhammer Dawn of War 2 Singleplayer before i buy a new game. My next game will be EVE. So assuming i beat Clear Sky before DoW 2, after DoW 2 i will make my next purchase after EVE, to see what i may buy, go check out one my lists.

Galrick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Galrick
Bear said:
"Was thinking about buying Last Remnant, but bad reviews noting all the technical issues made me avoid it.

Same here. I was really looking forward to that one.
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Wolverine

I was going to buy Halo Wars but I decided against it because I never played a RTS.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#61  Edited By AgentJ
Wolverine said:
"I was going to buy Halo Wars but I decided against it because I never played a RTS."
Actually, Halo Wars is thought to be a pretty good introductory RTS, so if you are going to start playing them, start with Wars.
ComicCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By ComicCrazy

I was getting pretty excited about need for speed pro street but then my brother bought it and i played for a little bit and then it wasnt very good.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#63  Edited By AgentJ

I'm not suprised CC, Need for Speed has gone downhill since, well, I don't even remember a time when it wasnt going downhill

Ujio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

#64  Edited By Ujio
certx55 said: 
"And also which game were you on the fence about that you ended up getting?"

RE5 is the game I was on the fence about but ended up getting.

As far as which game I wanted but dropped: None.
vivek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By vivek

Red Alert 3, dont have a reason

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ParanoidFreak

I was excited for Call Of Duty: World At War, it was a foolish mistake. The game turned out to be incredibly boring.

Avatar image for luckywanderdude
LuckyWanderDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By LuckyWanderDude

MadWorld
Left 4 Dead

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#68  Edited By natetodamax

Guitar Hero: World Tour, mostly because I stopped playing GH for a long time and completely forgot about the game.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#69  Edited By Geno

Civ IV, I'm a total strategy fanatic and I was going to get it along with its expansions during the Steam holiday sale due to its high reviews. But then I read the horrible reader reviews and watched some gameplay. 3 tribesman taking down a helicopter = no sale.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#70  Edited By vidiot

For me it has to be Alone in the Dark.

Being a fan of the original trilogy I was excited to see this series get another chance, and remind people where the survival horror genre originally came from, versus being a joke when talking about bad movies.

The end product was incredibly not up to par though, with the developers getting angry about early reviews that trashed the game ,even though the legality of those sites and situations was pretty controversial. At the end of the day the logistics of how those sites got copies for the review didn't matter. Alone in the Dark had fundamental mechanics that were broken, coupled with a plot that was equally busted. The whole thing stank and I canceled my pre-order.

As for a game I was on the fence about, Persona 4. The GiantBomb endurance run was just what I needed to justify a purchase.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Karmum

Street Fighter IV, I just got it in the mail today from GameFly, and maybe it is just because I'm getting my ass handed to me, but this isn't that fun. Probably because I use the standard controller.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

little big planet, it sounded great at first but I didn't care for the platforming.  which is sort of a big deal in a platformer.

alexrubens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By alexrubens

mirror's edge for me.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Optiow

I was going to get Medal of honor Rising sun when it first came out, I was really hyped about it, but then for some reason I dicided against it.

Psyx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Psyx2

Mass Effect for the PC. I don't own any current-gen consoles and won't have money for it anytime soon, so I was hoping to get the PC version. But then I heard about the DRM issue. You were able to buy it from Steam so it didn't really matter anymore, but then I heard about how buggy it is and how a lot of people can't even play it. I'd love to get Mass Effect but until there's a patch that fixes these issues I won't waste any money on it.

I was on the defense about Assassin's Creed (PC version) because of the controls, but they were actually great.

atejas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By atejas

I was planning on getting Mercs 2 but decided not to because of the bad reviews.