Which has you more excited? Dragon Age Inquisition or The Witcher 3?

• 126 results
themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which has you more excited? Dragon Age Inquisition or The Witcher 3? (670 votes)

Dragon Age: Inquisition 21%
The Witcher 3 79%

Despite them being vastly different playing games, they sure invite comparison when both are the biggest upcoming video game fantasy rpgs right now, and devs from both have admitted how the success of Skyrim affected the games' design. So, which one are you more excited for?

Not to mention both games are conclusions to backstories set up from the games before. Witcher 3 has Geralt finally catching up to the Wild Hunt in his journey to find his lost "love", and Dragon Age Inquisition has the inquisition ready to clean up the mess from DA2's ending (ironic).

Both games will introduce core new mechanics too. You'd be tracking down, trapping, and hunting down monsters in an open-world Witcher 3. You'd be building forts, managing your army, and planning carefully for each encounter in Dragon Age Inquisition.

This is exciting. Both games would be amazing. But having played 1 and 2 from both franchises and liking both very much, I have to say I'm actually much more excited for DA3. Not because of the closer release date, but just being able to journey alongside the characters from the past games once more is something to look forward to. The only thing that pushed me to finish DA2 was hoping for another references of the first game to be dropped, and DA3 will be full of them. Anyways, which game has gotten you hyped?

• 
GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

I'll end up getting both but far more excited for the witcha.

Ford_Dent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3 looks incredible, but I've invested waaaay more time into the Dragon Age franchise (i.e. I've got like three or four playthroughs of DA:O and DA2, compared to one playthrough of Witcher which I need to finish so I can finally play Witcher 2).

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

Unpopular opinion, but Dragon Age. I'm more invested in that world and prefer the bigger focus on group dynamics.

doctordonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The WITCHAH. Ultimately doesn't matter to me because dragon age comes out in october and the WITCHAH got delayed into next year.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

The Witcher 3 by far. I played both the Witcher games and loved them so I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on this one. I really love Dragon Age Origins but after 2 I'm still cautious about the new one. I'm going to pick it up but man, The Witcher 3 just looks amazing.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm excited for both but more excited for Witcher 3. It seems like the sure bet, it looks amazing and odds are, it will be. DragonAge looks pretty good, but they fucked that series up pretty bad with DA2 and im even someone who defends DA2 from time to time. I hope they learned from their mistakes and deliver on it this time around.

Either way, im very much looking forward to both of them.

Avatar image for nocookiesforyou
NoCookiesForYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the adult dark fantasy tone of the Witcher series and everything what I've seen so far from that game has been amazing.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By Milkman

Witcher 3 by leaps and bounds. I don't get the hype for Dragon Age 3 at all. Origins is amazing but Dragon Age 2 is a bad game. I have absolutely no reason to trust BioWare.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 16

I've already ranted elsewhere about how for as pretty and *probably* awesome a story as The Witcher series has, I just don't like playing them. Since we're also putting it up against the only other tactical RPG to come close to Baldur's Gate in terms of quality (then there was a sequel and that exists), and having some hope that the Dragon Age team learned from the mistakes of the past, and because I actually enjoy the gameplay in those games as well, even two, then I'm going to have to go with Dragon Age.

Luckily, however, we live in a world where I can recognize both are probably going to be worth the money and I don't have to choose.

hollitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Really depends on how closely the tactical combat in Dragon Age matches up to Origins on the PC.

Tom_omb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I'm ready for a new Dragon Age. With The Witcher 2, hardly touched in my steam library, I have some some homework to do before I can get excited for The Witcher 3.

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Right now it's probably Dragon Age Inquisition simply because it's only a few months off. That said, The Witcher 3 is exciting me more as a game (so I wound up voting for the Witcher) and I can't wait for it to hit next year. :D

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#63  Edited By Corevi

I loved Origins but Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3 killed my absolute adoration of Bioware. CD Projekt meanwhile has been doing absolutely everything right with GoG and the Witcher series. Will end up playing Inquisition at launch though, but I'm not exactly hyped for it.

HH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By HH

i find it sad that people are claiming the witcher does everything right when it is clearly the rpg that offers, by far, the least amount of creativity for the player since rpg's and videogames made friends.

seriously, what's the point? add that shit to the batman pile.

theacidskull

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

Not usually a fan of RPG's,I gave it a shot a couple of times and I disliked it every single time, most notably Kingdoms of Amalur, man is that shit boring as hell. It's the first game I haven't been able to finish, and I usually spend as much time as possible until I've completed most of it.

That being said I'm pretty sure Witcher 3 will break that streak because it all around looks fucking amazing, though I hope it's okay to just jump right in because I dislike watching videos on youtube just to educate myself on what's important and what's not, and while I'll definitely learn the key points, I hope Witcher III is essentially a stand alone story that can be played without having experienced the fist two.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By fetchfox

Straight Witchin' mate.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

The first Dragon Age is on my shortlist of top 5 games ever. So,I'm excited.

Avatar image for phantomgardener
PhantomGardener

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher III by far.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher 3. The Witcher 2 was awesome and from what I've seen, The Witcher 3 looks like a stunning continuation of that. I only play on consoles, where the two Dragon Age games weren't all that great to begin with (lets be honest here, the first one was a PC game at its core ported over to consoles because of money and the second one... well that just sucked). From what I've seen, Dragon Age Inquisition just doesn't do it for me. The art style still is too generic fantasy and that gameplay demo didn't win me over either.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Witcher 3, easily.

I'm much more curious about Inquistion though.

Tidel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I haven't played either series, but Witcher 3 looks like Polish Folklore Dragon's Dogma, and yes please.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both.

Zelyre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3.

I liked The Witcher. I thought Witcher 2 was an improvement in every way to the first game. I lamented the loss of Witcher's combat for a half hour before embracing Witcher 2, and I only did so because it took me a while for The Witcher's combat to click with me.

Dragon Age Origins and its DLC were great, and I spent a lot of time with that game. The overall story was nothing special, but the tactical combat was quite enjoyable. Dragon Age 2 was a step back in every way. I had fun with the game, but more in a Bloodrayne kind of way.

So, I'll pre-order Witcher 3. Not just because I enjoyed the earlier Witcher games, but I like CD Project as a company. They make the effort to treat their customers like... customers instead of just numbers. It doesn't hurt that Witcher 3 is 10% off if you preorder it.

Retromancy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Retromancy

I already dropped 150$ for The WItcher 3 CE. Haven't cared about Dragon Age since the first game.

noblenerf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher 3 looks much more interesting to play than Dragon Age: Inquisition, and it also has a legacy of fantastic games to back up and support my hype. For this reason, I must vote for the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt.

After Dragon Age 2, Bioware and Dragon Age: Inquisition itself have a lot to prove before I will ever consider playing it.

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Did you actually play The Witcher 2? It was the non-linear story progression in an RPG actually delivered and with some tough choices. Good characters, good settings, fun and deep combat.

Dragon Age II. yeah. They have a lot to prove with DA 3. I'm not convinced at all they can deliver a fun game anymore. Sure I'm hopeful but not really excited or expecting much out of Bioware these days.

BoOzak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I'm looking forward to Dragon Age Inquisition, but to me that series has always lacked personality. The first game was a tribute to Bioware's older D&D routes and the second was an EA rush job with terrible character design and combat that wasnt fun to play and lacked strategy.

The new one seems like an open world version of DA2 down to it's art style and more active combat which doesnt do all that much to excite me. But the absolute lack of party based RPGs means I'll pick it up regardless.

The Witcher on the other hand has always appealed to me, even with the dodgy voice acting in the unenhanced versions. It just has a better atmopshere and more character moments that dont feel forced and a story that goes beyond 'kill the arch demon and save the world'

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@starvinggamer said:

Unpopular opinion, but Dragon Age. I'm more invested in that world and prefer the bigger focus on group dynamics.

Agreed about group dynamics. It feels like the only way to get an RPG over with the majority is to make it a single character game ala Skyrim, Witcher or the Souls series, and I've always been more drawn towards games that are about synergy between different classes and mechanics, and stories that are about how different personalities relate to one another.

I feel like the point of seeing a big landmark in the Witcher is to be impressed and amazed by the landmark, whereas in Dragon Age it's just an excuse to have the characters have a chat about the landmark.

Flappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have no attachment to the Witcher series (3 looks very pretty, though), so I'm more hyped for Dragon Age.

Please don't suck.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seeing as how I never finished DA II, I feel like The Witcher 3 has me more excited because I want to see how the story ends.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dragon Age. Just like the story/universe/gameplay better in it. Witcher is cool too, though.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hands down the Witcher 3, it just looks awesome and everything about it seems top notch. Dragon age is shaping up quite nicely but i don't know what its trying to be and how much more the rpg side of things have improved. They both seem like they will be fun games, i guess dragon age just has more to prove and has not done that yet.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

DAI is promising improvements that matter to me - that stronghold building stuff sounds great, and I'm a sucker for a companion based RPG. The gameplay in Witcher 3 looks very iterative on 2. So I guess I'm more excited for Dragon Age, even though Witcher is the franchise with a better track record.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By sweep  Moderator

I liked the original Draggy Age, but the Witcher 3 looks goddamn spectacular.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I probably won't play either, but the Witcher 3 looks fantastic.

LovermanOwens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Witcher 3. There is no contest. After the aircraft carrier sized f-up that DA2 was(we all know the reasons), people should be cautious about DA 3.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 32

#87 sgtsphynx  Moderator

Witcher 3. Randomly picked up the original Witcher game for pc shortly after it first got released, and I have loved that series since. I still need to get the books though.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Neither. Wither 3 looks like more Witcher, which is fine story-wise but I suspect the combat is still going to suck (I'm looking forward to being wrong, though).

There's nothing to be excited about for Dragon Age Inquisition. We still don't know what that game is.

FakeKisser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I love both of them. I'm a CRPG fan more than any other genre, and those are my two favorite CRPGs, at the moment. However, if pressed against the wall, I'd choose The Witcher 3, because I do like that world/lore better - though, again, I also love Dragon Age.

theinnkeeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

People actually thought the Witcher's combat was bad? Much like Dark Souls, I think it needs to be learned, and you do have to play by it's rules, but I in no way think it's bad. I'd accept average, but not bad.

Bioware has failed to impress me for 3 games. I have to go with CD Projekt Red on this one.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#91  Edited By veektarius

@theinnkeeper: People don't say it's bad because they think it's hard, they say it's bad because they think it's boring.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

The Witcher 3 was on IGN's live stream earlier today. They were showing off gameplay in the main city. Jesus F. Christ, that city is gigantic. Very likely the biggest and most detailed high fantasy city to date. Apparently there's even a fully-fledged red light district. Like more brothels and street walkers than you can shake a fist at. I love Polish girls. They're great. I can't wait to spend a bushel of Orens on sweet Polish professional lovemaking.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One of those became better after the first game. The other became worse. Nothing has convinced me either trend will be bucked, thus far.

Toxin066

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

After yesterday? I'd say the Witcher, and I've never played a witcher game. Like a lot of folks, I hold DA:O in VERY high regards. They way they barely showed anything tactical yesterday during their big moment felt like a big "fuck you" to me.

Relkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

The Witcher, easily. Dragon Age: Origins is one of my favorite titles in the entire genre, even up against the old giants like Baldurs Gate or Fallout. Seeing them twist the franchise into some disappointing action title has been frustrating. I hope The Inquisition is good because I'd like to explore more of that universe, but looking back on Dragon Age 2 I don't have much confidence in them.

But...this is Bioware we're talking about. Ton of talent over there.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#96  Edited By Seppli

Hot damn. Dragon Age: Inquistion was just on IGN's stage. It looks freakishly good. Definitely no shortage of original assets this time. Combat-wise, we'll be able to customize it to play and look pretty much like Baldur's Gate 2. With all that detail and particle effects, it looks like a Matrix-movie freeze-frame. Breathtaking. Bioware and Frostbyte is an epic pairing!

Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#97  Edited By Tennmuerti

It's a great time to be a fan of western rpgs regardless of your preference. With these two and Pillars of Eternity coming, I have a warm fuzzy feeling.

Loading Video...

That city looks huge, like Skyrim is taking a quiet smoke in the corner size.

Loading Video...

Good to see some tactical combat in Dragon Age too, tho the reused skill icons in the corner leave me a bit apprehensive, they better not fucking do the whole dynamic scaling enemy levels and your stats bullshit they did in DA2 again. The ability to pick your race again is welcome and I'm warming up to the inquisition concept itself too.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher 2 combat didn't click with me that well and it seems the same in 3 but the open world and crazy scope of Witcher 3 looks a lot more interesting than Dragon Age. That said I'll play any AAA fantasy that comes out because that's my thing and so few come out each year if any.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By penguindust

Can I still vote for Skyrim? Seriously, I'm only moderately interested in both because I have reservations about both. At present, I don't consider either "day one" purchases. I don't know enough about either. I do know that I highly value character customization and being able to create my own story over playing through someone else's. The greater the ability I have to personalize the game, the deeper I am drawn into its world and story. I adored the original Dragon Age, but the sequel lost me as it moved to mainstream appeal. I played the game exclusively in tactical view.

As for Witcher 3, well it might be another of those "great" games that I never get around to playing because I have no desire to hang out with the main character for 40 hours.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Witcher. I thought the first Dragon Age was okay, but I've never understood the great love for it.