Which internet connection is best? 10MB/320k or 7MB/640k?

MisterBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By MisterBronze

Hi everyone! First time poster here. I wanted to pose a question to an active and intelligent community.

I live in Spain and wish to change ISP because my current one is TERRIBLE. I want to move to Jazztel who are offering me two different connections. One with 10MB down and 320k up... or one with 7mb down and 640k up. It is an ADSL connection.

Now my understanding is that upload speed contributes quite a bit to my gaming connection (ping times etc.), so assuming that gaming is my main online activity, should I go for the 7mb option?

I also share the connection with house-mates who are likely going to be gaming online at the same time as me.

elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By elbon

At home I only have a 1MB connection 110k up it's ok for gaming online on the during the off peek hours, at collage i have a 10MB connection that I'm really missing right now

MisterBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By MisterBronze

I'm currently with a company called Telefonica that give me 6mb/320k. Should be fine but in reality I get 100k/32k. No, REALLY.
It's impossible to do anything worthwhile. I think my old dial up connection was better!

cspiffo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By cspiffo
@MisterBronze said:

" Hi everyone! First time poster here. I wanted to pose a question to an active and intelligent community.  I live in Spain and wish to change ISP because my current one is TERRIBLE. I want to move to Jazztel who are offering me two different connections. One with 10MB down and 320k up... or one with 7mb down and 640k up. It is an ADSL connection.  Now my understanding is that upload speed contributes quite a bit to my gaming connection (ping times etc.), so assuming that gaming is my main online activity, should I go for the 7mb option?  I also share the connection with house-mates who are likely going to be gaming online at the same time as me. "

Go 7Mb 640k if other people are going to share your connection.  The extra upload speed during gaming will definately help.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

Take the 7mb.

MisterBronze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MisterBronze

Thanks cspiffo and Fallen189
I think that's what I'm going to do. If anyone else has further input it would be appreciated, I'm not going to make the order until January.