Which is a more truthful Statement(Cod/Bf3)

valitiney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By valitiney

valitiney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By valitiney

Just a question I had boggling in my mind, and I was wondering what other peoples opinions are.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Hizang

I played MW2, Black Ops and MW3, I then went to Battlefield 3 and found it rather slow. Theres a lot of spawning, rooming around a far to big area for up to 5 minutes then getting shot and then repeated. The COD games are more fast paced and thats just how I like them.

@Valitiney: Also welcome to Giant Bomb :)

Stubee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Stubee

COD has a lot less going on. When I first started playing BF3 I also found the vehicle controls a bit confusing, especially compared to something like Halo that has fairly simplistic controls. COD is just shoot/blow up/ stab dudes, all f which you can do in BF3 but with a hell of a lot more layered upon it.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Justin258

It's easier to jump from BF3 to CoD simply because the complexity drops like a two-ton anvil.

Strangely enough, I don't hear much about people dropping BF3 for Call of Duty. When I do, it's almost certainly not for long.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai

@Hizang said:

...rooming around a far to big area for up to 5 minutes then getting shot and then repeated.

I see you played the console version. BF3 was really designed for the PC's 32vs32 player count. Try BC2. That's game has better designed maps for the 12vs12 matches.

valitiney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By valitiney

Hmmm, I agree with what you all are saying, I personally think it is easier to transition from CoD to Bf3 to an extent. The reason I say this is CoD is a lot more fast paced, gun on gun action, with the exception of the kill streaks. Now if you are able to handle cods arcade-ish fast paced style, I think you would be able to handle Bf3 much easier than if you were to transition the other way. Now Bf3 does have vehicles, which some are a challenge to get used to, but when it comes down to it, Bf3 is a Fps, just like CoD.

So basically what I am saying is that if I was a battlefield veteran, and then someone asked me to play CoD, without having previously played any CoD, I would be having a lot of trouble.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By GunslingerPanda

C. Generic Modern Military FPS's Are Yawn

valitiney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By valitiney

Right, thats why they usually dominate the video game market.

Avatar image for tim_the_corsair
tim_the_corsair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By tim_the_corsair

CoD is a much simpler beast overall. I'd argue it is probably the simplest FPS on the market.