Which is worse: a game that is too easy or a game that is too hard?

• 109 results
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I like a bit of a challenge but too hard is definitely worse than too easy. Your enjoyment of the game is greatly hindered by the constant frustration of being pummeled into the ground by the difficulty and when you are forced to repeat the same section of a game over and over until you can do it right, the case is usually that you see that part of the game so many times it begins to lose its appeal.

cannedstingray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By cannedstingray

I voted too hard, because there has been more than a few games that I have really wanted to play to the end but give up completely pissed off and soured to the game that I never play it again,  there are exceptions though, Trials HD IMO is way too hard in the later levels, but it's sooo easy to just keep trying that it get's addictive.. I really hate it when a game gets super hard, and then spawns you right before a stupid cut scene that is unskippable, that's when I start throwing controllers..  I haven't played Demon's souls yet, (it's sitting on my shelf though)  but like others, I don't think Dragon age is too hard, but you definately want to think about strategy, and if things really get outta hand you can change the difficulty, at least there is options... 

Games that are way way friggin hard, and won't let you change the diff settings, without starting a new game piss me off to no end as well.. 

Games that are super easy can be a little dissapointing, but at least you get to see the end of the game, and don't feel like you got screwed out of the endig..
ReaperOfLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#103  Edited By ReaperOfLiving

I found prince of persia VERY hard and Dragon Age VERY easy so i'm kinda confused by your examples but I hate hard games like some challenge but hard games just destroy fun.

Huecomundo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Huecomundo21

At least i can beat it and see the full story then just stop and quit.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By beforet

It really depends on what kind of challenge it is. An easy game could prove to have a great cathartic feel or could feel like a waste of time. While a hard game could be rewarding or simply frustrating. I'll go with inconsistent, as that is usually just annoying.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Brunchies

If the difficulty is very inconsistent throughout a game, it can really make the game worst than a game that is to easy and provides no sense of accomplishment or a game that is hard but can be extremely frustrating.

R3Qui4M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#107  Edited By R3Qui4M

Very Hard cuz u might not get thru the game

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By ArchScabby

I would say to hard, but I wouldn't call Dragon Age or Demon's Souls too hard.  I would consider too hard a game that is unfair, where the AI cheats to have an advantage or something.

too easy would be okay if the game still had a good story, or fun gameplay even if it was easy.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#109  Edited By natetodamax

I clicked C, but really I guess it would be a game that's too hard because it causes frustration.