• 103 results
#1 Edited by howypan (27 posts) -
#2 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5376 posts) -

I've actually just started playing it on pc (Dark Souls 2). Second to that I'd say Destiny. Something about that game seems real promising.

#3 Edited by BIGJEFFREY (4911 posts) -
#4 Edited by CorruptedEvil (2408 posts) -

#5 Edited by ervonymous (1297 posts) -

IA/VT Colorful even though I'm excited about Under Night In-Birth finally getting a console release.

// Can't believe I forgot Transistor.

#6 Posted by Daveyo520 (6678 posts) -

Below from Capy

#7 Posted by misquared (32 posts) -

Also Dragon Age Inquisition, by a laaaaaaaaaaaandslide. I love Bioware games, and this sounds like everything I could ever want and more *^*

Honorable mention also goes to Tales of Xillia 2, Persona Q (I would say Persona 5, but since the chances of us seeing an english release this year are nearly nonexistant, I'll think of it as a 2015 game), Child of Light, Massive Chalice, and Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney,

#8 Posted by Rebel_Scum (677 posts) -

Probably Watch Dogs since it's coming out soon.

#9 Edited by Castiel (2562 posts) -

Hmm I don't know man. I'm one of those weird people that haven't bought any of the next-gen, or I guess it is current gen now, consoles and I only have a laptop so PC gaming isn't really an option for me.

I'm just catching up on all the last gen games I missed and I imagine I will probably buy a PS4 in half a year if I can afford it. By that time there will probably, hopefully, be a couple of interesting titles released. So I'm just waiting for the great games to come out.

#10 Edited by CorruptedEvil (2408 posts) -

@castiel: i also have not bought either of the next gen consoles (sorry Wii U), but mainly because the only super interesting game on either of them that is an exclusive is Infamous

#11 Posted by howypan (27 posts) -

I'm not quite sure about the Destiny, it looks like Halo 4.5.

For those JRPG fans, I strongly recommend X and bayonetta 2.

#12 Posted by CorruptedEvil (2408 posts) -

@howypan: Bayonetta 2 is hella japanese but is not an RPG in the slightest

#13 Posted by TurboMan (7500 posts) -

It's probably Destiny. Transistor is second place.

#14 Posted by howypan (27 posts) -
#15 Posted by howypan (27 posts) -

@turboman: I like the game mode of Transisotr but wat is this game talking about?

#16 Edited by FriendlyPhoenix (382 posts) -

Now that The Witcher 3 has been pushed to next year, it's definitely Dragon Age. I so fucking love both of the previous games(and everything else Bioware has ever done) and still trust them to deliver something I'll find incredible.

And I'm going to throw down a list of other games that I'm really excited for, because there isn't enough positivity on the fucking internet anymore: Child of Light, Transistor(this next month is going to feel soooo long), Tales of Xillia 2, Wolfenstein, Murdered(I don't even know what the hell this game is, but whatever, it's probably great. Ghost Cop Shogo McDoogle), The Evil Within(I think it looks fun, even if some impressions from PAX were less than enthusiastic), Dangonronpa 2, Alien: Isolation, Batman, Persona Q, Persona 4 Arena Ultimax Mega Suplex Whatever, Dying Light, MASSIVE CHALICE, Assassin's Creed Unity, Bayonetta 2, D4, Hotline Miami 2, Pillars of Eternity, Tales of Hearts R(so damn excited that they're porting over more Tales games), Valiant Hearts, The Order: 1886, X, Quantum Break and Mad Max(those are this year, right? Probably?), Kirby 3D, Drakengard 3, Watch_Dogs, Civlization Beyond Earth.

That's a pretty meaty list and we haven't even had E3 yet. This is such a great fucking year.

#17 Posted by spyder335 (289 posts) -

watchdogs

wolfenstein

really the only 2 on my radar so far.

#18 Posted by howypan (27 posts) -

@friendlyphoenix: OMG, I could not imagine how many hours I should spend on those games per day!!! play or die!! Btw, Dragon age one is awesome, 2 is quite disppointed becasue weapons are less powerful, story line is short and Morrigan is missing!!

#19 Edited by MEATBALL (3168 posts) -

It might be Smash Bros. on WiiU, loving the roster and it should be a tonne of fun. Bayonetta 2 and Destiny are up there.

#20 Edited by HH (609 posts) -

Dragon Age Inquisition. I will be buying a ps4 on October 7th.

#21 Posted by howypan (27 posts) -

@hh: tatz my man!

#22 Posted by Shortbreadtom (738 posts) -

@corruptedevil: Bayonetta is not an RPG. It's a spectacle fighter, or a character action game. It's not an RPG in the slightest

#23 Posted by Draugen (636 posts) -

I'm with you, OP. If I had to forgo every other game this year to get to play Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'd do it without batting an eye.

#24 Posted by howypan (27 posts) -

@shortbreadtom: Hey dude, can you explain the definition of action rpg. I think there are 4 main elements of an action rpg game.

1, Characters.

2, An adventure game.

3, There isn't physical skill challenges, but instead puzzles to be solved and items to collect to progress in a non-linear gameworld.

4, A heavy focus on the action elements in combat.

Bayonetta certainly has those elements. Tell me wat u think dude.

#25 Edited by MEATBALL (3168 posts) -

Bayonetta is seriously not an RPG. This is worse than when people call Zelda an RPG.

#26 Posted by Yummylee (21477 posts) -

The frequency of 'dude' and the insistence that Bayonetta is an RPG is making me all kinds of suspicious... Every kind in fact!

#27 Posted by howypan (27 posts) -

@yummylee: haha, dont be too sensitive, pal.

#28 Posted by CorruptedEvil (2408 posts) -

Yeah this is kinda weird... But hey, atleast X is 100% a JRPG

#29 Posted by Vod_Crack (712 posts) -

Deadly Premoniton is my favourite JRPG.

#30 Posted by CorruptedEvil (2408 posts) -

@vod_crack: mine is Metal Gear Rising Revengeance

#31 Posted by Danteveli (1173 posts) -

Persona 5 or new Dragon Age

#33 Posted by howypan (27 posts) -

Let me introduce myself first, my name is Howy and I'm new here, very appreciated for the comments, thanks guys !!!

#34 Posted by RazielCuts (2943 posts) -

I like how this was an answerable question.

#35 Posted by howypan (27 posts) -

@razielcuts: Sorry, I've been talking too much, letz bring it back, watz your most anticipated video game of 2014?

#36 Edited by WMoyer83 (633 posts) -

Persona 5

The Order: 1886

Hotline Miami 2

Destiny

Mario Kart 8

Super Smash Bros U

#37 Edited by Mythanics (3 posts) -

Sunset Overdrive

Murasaki Baby

Maybe some party games like #IDARB, Sportsfriends and Crawl.

And nothing else. Maybe more after E3 and Gamescom, but I doubt it.

#38 Posted by tourgen (4461 posts) -

Destiny

#39 Posted by falserelic (5399 posts) -

@howypan said:

I'm not quite sure about the Destiny, it looks like Halo 4.5.

For those JRPG fans, I strongly recommend X and bayonetta 2.

(That was absolutely fabulous, go Bayonette!)

Anyway back on the topic at hand. As of now I look forward to Wolfenstein and watchdogs.

Those Nazi bastards must pay in so much blood, time to make somebody scream.

#40 Edited by Tom_omb (368 posts) -

Dragon Age Inquisition for me too. Given the reputation of the series I was expecting this to not be a popular option. I hope my PC will be able to handle it, because I'm not planning on picking up a PS4 this year.

A bunch of Indy games are certainly on my radar: Below, Shovel Knight, Hyper Light Drifter, Broken Age Part 2 and Transistor.

...Actually, my true most anticipated game of the year is the WoW expansion, Warlords of Draenor. No other game this year compares to how I check mmo-champion every day just for a tiny peak of something new from the alpha. I even resubbed a couple months ago thinking it would be close to out by now. That was before it was delayed to the fall...

#42 Posted by Anwar (862 posts) -

I thought it would be Watch Dogs, but that has changed. I'm not seeing anything on current gen consoles which excites me. This'll maybe change after E3, but at the moment it's Ultra Street Fighter 4

#43 Posted by mosespippy (4106 posts) -

I'm not currently excited about any upcoming game. I suppose I'll buy a 3DS for that Persona Q game maybe. I'm more excited about the potential of digging into the 3DS back catalog.

#44 Edited by Glottery (1195 posts) -

I know there's a whole bunch of great games coming this year, but Wolfenstein Nazi Beatles have my full attention at the moment.

@tom_omb said:
I even resubbed a couple months ago thinking it would be close to out by now. That was before it was delayed to the fall...

I don't think it was delayed at any point, since WoW expansions have regulary come out near the end of the year and this one isn't even in an open beta yet. That said, it is silly that one has to wait for that long without any additional content, especially when Blizzard at some point last year (I think) stated that they wanted to keep the players happy by providing more content than in the past. Over 6 months of nothing new isn't my definition of that...

But yeah, I think I would also include WoD in my Top-5 list at least. It'll be good to see those wooden player models getting updated after having played nearly eight years or so...

#45 Posted by bwheeeler (429 posts) -

It feels nutso that so many people are excited about the new Dragon Age once it seemed like the whole internet swore off Bioware after Dragon Age 2 and Mass Effect 3. Good to see that clearer heads are prevailing, I guess? Inquisition looks great.

#46 Posted by Demoskinos (14733 posts) -

I think Destiny has the potential to be the best thing this year. But honestly, not going to lie Hastune Miku Project Diva F 2nd way high up on my list this year of things I've been enjoying. I'll most likely end up buying it 3 times this year once the english release comes out and I buy the Vita and PS3 versions of that.

#47 Posted by pyrodactyl (1963 posts) -

Dead Light, dragon age and super smash bros are certainly highly anticipated. Persona is next year in the west.

#48 Posted by Karmosin (210 posts) -

Shin megami tensei 4. Hehehe... hehe... heh.......

Right now it's probably Legend of heroes: trails in the sky chapter 2. PLayed the first one about a month ago and it was so damn good.

#49 Posted by Shortbreadtom (738 posts) -

@howypan: Well... it doesn't really come down to what anyone thinks. An RPG involves levelling up, skill allocation, an inventory... Action focused combat or puzzle solving have nothing to do with RPGs, although they can be in them. Bayonetta is a spectacle fighter or character action game, with an in depth combat system based on combos and special moves, outlandish and extremely stylish fighting, and over the top action

#50 Posted by notnert427 (229 posts) -

The Division, in the unlikely event it doesn't get pushed into 2015, which it will.