• 72 results
Edited 5 months, 19 days ago

Which member of the bombsquad's play style is most like yours? (310 votes)

Jeff 20%
Ryan 3%
Vinny 48%
Brad 17%
Patrick 5%
Drew 7%
#51 Edited by Veektarius (4147 posts) -

I can't say I'm that similar to any of them, but I'm most similar to Jeff in that I'll sink a lot of time into something I really like, while generally approaching most games with a strong disregard for caution, unlike Brad.. Ryan was more just the latter, I share Vinny's taste in games but don't play anything like him, Patrick seems kind of averse to action-based gameplay, and Drew treats games with more fastidiousness than I treat work.

#52 Edited by billymagnum (561 posts) -

definitely Vinny but he gets way luckier than me in some situations. im always looking for secrets for no good reason and doing silly shit for no good reason.

#53 Posted by LionsLinden (5 posts) -

Somewhere between Vinny and Dave. Though I don't know which of the duders is the best player overall. Dark Souls was a breeze for me sooo ... add the best video gamer as well :P

#54 Posted by thomasnash (407 posts) -

I'm probably closest to Brad. I play games fairly conservatively and I go nuts for collectibles.

But I kind of wish I played more like Vinny.

#55 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1591 posts) -

I'd say I have vinny tendencies of gamebreaking. I think that's about as far as the connections go for me

#56 Posted by NoRemnants (378 posts) -

A bit of a mix between Vinny and Brad. I am a completionist like Vinny but I enjoy the occasional competitive game like Brad.

#57 Posted by CoinMatze (456 posts) -

Vinny; I come for the story; I stay because this thing here doesn't say 100%.

#58 Edited by Tom_omb (229 posts) -

I voted for Vinny because he's a bit of a completionist and a champion of the Adventure Game.

He's like me in multiplayer games too. We'd both be the first to admit we aren't that skilled and would rather go off the beaten path and goof off rather then be competitive players.

#59 Posted by HatKing (5567 posts) -

Somewhere between Patrick and Vinny. When I'm taking it seriously, I like to pay attention and draw upon subtext, search for some sort of reasoning and message. Then, after I have that, I find a giant vehicle and kill my own team with it.

#60 Posted by Killercombo (210 posts) -

May be not for 100% of games but Jeff is similar to me, for some reason the "No Med packs - all in!" play style of XCom is the way I go also: mainly because I am the kinda straight and narrow player, I mainly spend 90% of my time in a game doing the main stuff then that's it: but I am also on a time-scale as I use a rental account so the quicker I beat it the better.

#61 Posted by Mathey (376 posts) -

I am a Brad. I tend to jump in and get frustrated real quick. There's a lot of "GodFuck" equivalents coming out of my mouth.

#62 Posted by UitDeToekomst (661 posts) -

Not sure. I definitely have Vinny's collectible obsession, but I also tend to go solo in games like Jeff. I have zero in horror or obscure indie games, so not Patrick. I might lean toward Brad on some things, but his chosen genres tend not to gel with mine. Maybe Dave? I don't know. My head hurts now.

#63 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

50% Vinny: If there's a thing to collect, I will get all of them.

50% Drew: A significant portion of my non-game time is dedicated to researching the nuances of a game.

#64 Posted by SunBroZak (839 posts) -

Vinny.

A completionist to my own detriment.

#65 Edited by DonutFever (3515 posts) -

I like things to move quickly, like Jeff. I love to have new experiences/get scared, like Patrick.

#66 Posted by hippocrit (213 posts) -

Vinny for sure. I'm pretty sure I NEED all those feathers, and FUCK multiplayer.

#67 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (494 posts) -

I said Vinny, but that's more of a goal than reality. I'd really like to explore every nook and cranny of a game and do everything available to me, but I have to save that sort of dedication for a few select games.

#68 Posted by Sammo21 (3023 posts) -

I love all the Bombers, but sometimes I hate to hear them talk about games. Granted, they are in the "business" and play games all the time but at times they mostly just sound to cynical for me to ever relate to. Vinny is the closest, by far, but at times Brad and Jeff come off as insufferable. If Ryan were still around I would more closely resemble him.

Example, Jeff at time berates a game for having an "unnecessary" sequel but then gets excited for another Call of Duty or another Skylanders. Then as another user states, Brad tends to get lost in one game for months, maybe years, at a time and ONLY plays that game (outside of the duties of his job). I have played CS for like14 years but I still play other freaking games.

#69 Posted by Pocky4Th3Win (126 posts) -

Vinny, I love breaking games...

#70 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (4445 posts) -

Probably somewhere between Jeff and Vinny.

#71 Edited by SarcasticMudcrab (138 posts) -

The mischievous side of Patrick, the destructive side of Vinny and the life expectancy side of Brad.

But mostly Dave.

#72 Posted by TobbRobb (4408 posts) -

I'm more or less a Brad. Though we have some distinctly different tastes.

#73 Posted by PeezMachine (209 posts) -

I think I'm a Drew. Meticulous and thorough.

#74 Posted by Viking_Funeral (1569 posts) -
  • 1 part of Vinny & Dave's love of complex systems & lore (except I actually figured out Dwarf Fort).
  • 1 part of Brad if you replaced his love of DotA2 with LoL.
  • 1 part of Patrick's enjoyment of the occasional off-brand niche game.
  • And finish off with Jeff's dislike of Red Dead Redemption & Yoshi's Island.