• 109 results
#1 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

Two high profile releases, XCOM and Dishonored, hit retail next week. Which one, if either, will you guys be picking up?

I'm still undecided, I'll probably buy one now and one down the line once it receives a discount. Next week's quick looks will most likely impact my decision one way or another. Currently leaning towards XCOM, though.

#2 Posted by laserbolts (5319 posts) -

I have zero interest in XCOM so I might pick up dishonered if I am not working.

#3 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

You know, I don't think dishonored is that high profile outside the enthusiast crowd.....but then again I'm not sure XCOM is either. I'll be getting dishonored though.

#4 Posted by Zacagawea (1590 posts) -

I'll pass on both

#5 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

@Vinny_Says: By "high profile" I mean "games that are probably going to be awesome."

#6 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

I might get Dishonored. I will watch the QL and make my decision then. What I've heard about it sounds pretty cool though.

#7 Posted by DoctorDanger99 (686 posts) -

xcom for me.im still out of work so ill have to trade in a few things,including my DS which sucks but i REALLY wanna play xcom.

#8 Posted by Meltac (2001 posts) -

I'll pass on both too. I think the next game I'm going to buy will be Hitman: Absolution.. wow

#9 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

@Shookems: Oh I thought you meant how popular they are in the mainstream. Yes, both will probably be awesome.

#10 Posted by JJOR64 (18956 posts) -

Pokemans.

#11 Edited by CaLe (3964 posts) -

Both of them of course, because I'm a real gamer. Real gamers play all good games. I thought everyone knew that.

#12 Posted by ajamafalous (11964 posts) -
@Vinny_Says said:

@Shookems: Oh I thought you meant how popular they are in the mainstream. Yes, both will probably be awesome.

Dishonored has ads on ESPN so they're at least marketing it moderately hard.
#13 Posted by Halfdeaf (71 posts) -

Xcom for sure. Been a fan of the franchise since I started gaming.

#14 Posted by RioStarwind (526 posts) -

I might pick up XCOM still a little iffy on it.

#15 Posted by Ares42 (2627 posts) -

From everything I've seen of Dishonored I've yet to see anything that grabbed me. Not writing it off, but gonna wait for reviews on that one. Can't wait for X-Com though.

#16 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6158 posts) -

I had planned on ordering XCOM, but with the holidays coming up, I'm holding off for now. I might pick it up in a few months.

#17 Posted by Turtlebird95 (2365 posts) -

Been hyped for Dishonored since it's reveal, but sadly have no money to spare. I honestly don't give a shit about Xcom.

#18 Edited by Rafaelfc (1333 posts) -

dishonored (unless review hit it hard like RE6)

#19 Posted by Hunter5024 (5640 posts) -

I have no interest in either of these games, but I haven't really been paying attention to them. I have a feeling either one might be one of those games where I am checking amazon halfway through the quick look.

#20 Posted by AverageGreg (120 posts) -

Dishonoured and Pokemon Black 2.

#21 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

Neither

#22 Posted by Marmalade (192 posts) -

The Quick Look EX of XCOM got me interested in checking it out. Too lazy right now to search the wiki to find out what DIshonored is, so...XCOM.

#23 Posted by Alkaiser (358 posts) -

Neither. I rarely buy games the first week they come out.

#24 Posted by bybeach (4792 posts) -

I'm thinking Dishonored, not necc the first day in that I have Sleeping dogs to back get to, Truly feel guilty for dumping that game for Borderlands 2. I do not do well with even simple fighting prompts it seems, but I really wanted to please the kung fu master once instead of sending him into a tirade of 'your momma' insults.

But I have not written X-com off by any means...it's just that I have no history with it and Dishonored potentially looks very good

#25 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -

Absolutely X-COM, but possibly also Dishonored if reviews indicate that it's good.

#26 Posted by AbeBroHamLincon (88 posts) -

Just XCOM for me not really a fan of Dishonored that game really didn't grab me at all.

#27 Posted by Isaiah (174 posts) -

I'm buying X-COM for sure I like that type of game. As for Dishonored I'll wait for the reviews, I hope its great just not sure yet.

#28 Posted by Animasta (14677 posts) -

uh, the new converge album?

#29 Posted by benspyda (2033 posts) -

I thought XCOM looked pretty neat, so does Dishonoured, but I'll wait for the quicklooks and reviews before I decide if I will buy either.

#30 Posted by NegativeCero (2997 posts) -

Neither. I've barely been able to touch Borderlands 2 so I'm set for now. Dishonored looks cool though, so maybe that later on.

#31 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2296 posts) -

Dishonored for sure

Maybe XCom. I'm limitting my spending on games, and so its between XCom and Doom BFG. I played the hell out of every single Doom game, so I know I'll have fun with Doom BFG and its a safe bet. I barely played the original X-Com, and I can barely stand turn-based games, however it still looks really rad.

#32 Posted by Nightriff (5038 posts) -

Dishonored, since a lot of games got delayed this is really the only one left that got me excited.

#33 Posted by Karkarov (3081 posts) -

I may pick up Xcom but have basically no interest in dishonored.

#34 Edited by pweidman (2326 posts) -

I preordered XCom. It'll be a change of pace for me and I'm down for a good turn based game in that universe. Plus a chance to play this genre on my 360. Developed by Firaxis adds credibility too. I'm hopeful but expectations are tempered. That QLEX didn't sway me much either way tbh. We'll see.

Dishonored looks intriguing as well though. Maybe later based on it's reception. The gameplay doesn't look like my cop of tea but who knows. It's just great to have so many releases finally after the relatively slow period this summer.

#35 Posted by Sackmanjones (4689 posts) -

Dishonored which is 45 with the gmg coupon and girlfriend is buyin me x com as a birthday gift....... Don't worry I'm gonna marry her.

#36 Posted by Patman99 (1580 posts) -

@Chaser324 said:

Absolutely X-COM, but possibly also Dishonored if reviews indicate that it's good.

I'm in the same boat. The only case where I will not buy X-COM is if it gets panned by a bunch of critics but all the pre-release stuff seems extremely positive.

#37 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Probably neither but Dishonored looks the most interesting to me. Curious to hear how that turned out.

#38 Posted by RandomInternetUser (6789 posts) -

Maybe Dishonored, waiting for reviews/forum reaction.

#39 Posted by Hunkulese (2702 posts) -
@Shookems

@Vinny_Says: By "high profile" I mean "games that are probably going to be awesome."

High profile doesn't mean anything near that. RE 6 was high profile.
#40 Posted by myketuna (1680 posts) -

I really want XCOM, but I don't think I'll have any time for it. Haven't beaten Borderlands 2 as it is. I'll probably pick up XCOM during the Black Friday/End of the Year sale(s). It'll be cheaper and I can really focus on it (and everything else I'll probably buy).

#41 Posted by Dagbiker (6974 posts) -

Xcom. And if things go acording to plan I will order a Ps3, because I want the older, cheeper 160 before they sell all of them. I had one but its been busted for a while.

#42 Posted by Soapy86 (2620 posts) -

XCOM

#43 Posted by zombie2011 (4972 posts) -

I've seen nothing of Dishonored, i mean literally nothing don't even know what kind of game it is.

I just picked up Borderlands 2, So i'll probably pick up XCOM sometime before Halo 4 drops.

#44 Edited by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -

@Patman99 said:

@Chaser324 said:

I'm in the same boat. The only case where I will not buy X-COM is if it gets panned by a bunch of critics but all the pre-release stuff seems extremely positive.

Your slight hesitation isn't welcome in this boat. This boat is on collision course with an oil tanker filled to the brim with turn-based strategy, and nobody, not even Sandra Bullock, is going to stop it.

#45 Edited by Dagbiker (6974 posts) -

@Chaser324 said:

@Patman99 said:

@Chaser324 said:

Your slight hesitation isn't welcome in this boat. This boat is on collision course with an oil tanker filled to the brim with turn-based strategy, and nobody, not even Sandra Bullock, is going to stop it.

I'm pretty sure she didn't stop it.

#46 Posted by Bwast (1342 posts) -

Dishonored is my kind of game. Love the look, the atmosphere and the freedom of the combat. I'll wait for XCOM to go on sale.

#47 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -

@Dagbiker:

I'm not here to debate the finer points of the plot of Speed 2: Cruise Control.

I'm buying X-COM, that is all.

#48 Posted by Shookems (474 posts) -

@Hunkulese: Thanks for the hot tip, webster

#49 Edited by Tennmuerti (8076 posts) -

Both.

Turn based squad tactics and a deus ex'ian steampunkish games are right up my alley.

#50 Posted by MegaLombax (387 posts) -

Interested in both, but will probably go for XCOM first, since I've been playing a lot of FPS games lately. Hopefully the game turns out good, it'll be a nice change of pace.