Which next generation console will you buy first?

• 140 results
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#1  Edited By Jeust

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King

Wii U, because Fire Emblem. It's kind of like Nintendo is holding Fire Emblem hostage and asking me for ransom money.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Jeust

what next generation option will you take? and why? keep in mind that this question is about *home consoles*.

Personally I will buy the next Xbox, because the franchise I'm most looking forward to is Alan Wake. I want to see how it comes to its end.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Shivoa

The best one.

Erm, ye, so we don't know about the new consoles and so the choices are 'I love game X/developer Y so much I must own their games as soon as it comes out at any price/value proposition' or 'wait and see'. We know so little that you can't say Live, because we don't know what the next Live is and if Sony have a Live killer taht all your friends are going to jump to. You can't say that one is too expensive so it's best to wait, we have no idea of prices.

I'm just surprised this question is coming so early, because it seems unlikely to give any insight.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By SmilingPig

I am still waiting for my Phantom.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jeust

@Video_Game_King said:

Wii U, because Fire Emblem. It's kind of like Nintendo is holding Fire Emblem hostage and asking me for ransom money.

ahah much like me, Microsoft and Alan Wake.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

#7  Edited By Sooperspy

Haven't decided yet. I would want to get the next PS for the exclusives, but I bet most of my friends will end up getting the next Xbox, so I may need to get that one first.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Dany

I am in the xbox-ecosystem. I can't start over on another system.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Jeust

@Shivoa said:

The best one.

Erm, ye, so we don't know about the new consoles and so the choices are 'I love game X/developer Y so much I must own their games as soon as it comes out at any price/value proposition' or 'wait and see'. We know so little that you can't say Live, because we don't know what the next Live is and if Sony have a Live killer taht all your friends are going to jump to. You can't say that one is too expensive so it's best to wait, we have no idea of prices.

I'm just surprised this question is coming so early, because it seems unlikely to give any insight.

An informed decision about the which is the best won't come at launch either, or about what will have the best internet service. This is just a question about where your heart is at the moment.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#10  Edited By BeachThunder

3DS, because I already have one.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By BraveToaster

I haven't decided yet. I won't know until more information is released. I also want to wait to see what kind of issues each console has before I make a purchase.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By Snail

It'll probably be the Wii U because it'll most likely launch first?

But there are no guarantees that the Wii U will have a solid launch line-up so I might not pick one up. It's kind of early to answer that question. I'm almost 100% sure I'll pick up the next-generation Playstation as soon as I get the chance though. So I guess I'll answer that in the poll. Though honestly, at this point, this question doesn't make a lot of sense.

grahf14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By grahf14

Sony consoles have been pretty damn good lately and I'm impressed with the Vita.  I would be more so if there were more games scheduled to come out for it.  I would like to say Sony but they've been in some financial trouble lately so I'm not sure.  The WiiU looks gimmicky just like the Wii did.  Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros are always awesome though.  I think Microsoft understands what I want out of a gaming console.  I'll have to wait and see.

matthias2437

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By matthias2437

PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wherever the Haloz are be at ma'am

Masha2932

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By Masha2932

I'm really invested with my trophies at the moment so I'll probably buy the next playstation first. The WiiU is intriguing though especially with the thought of a lego sandbox game.

Shivoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Shivoa

@Jeust said:

An informed decision about the which is the best won't come at launch either

Quoted for truth. "Because we will not know everything in the future, we should not shy away from speculating right now while we know nothing."

Wouldn't it be great if Alan Wake 2 ended up being PC only (as MS switched focus to Win8 for some reason, like stellar PC sales of games and a DOA xbox next launch) or Remedy got purchased by someone with the right and now it's a Wii U or PS4 exclusive. Or the quality isn't there and MS cancel the project and Remedy go off to work on something completely unrelated on another system. Likely? No; but as we know nothing (beyond a vague mention of the story of Alan Wake not being 'done' from the devs, devs who used to pimp the DX10 graphics of Alan Wake for Vista as the major push for that first game).

If you're already invested in the 360 then would the next xbox having b/c and digital b/c push you that way to experience your current collection at 1080p/60 and carry forward your digital purchases? What about if MS said next gen is all new, everything you own is gone when you swap out that 360 for the next console? Maybe the PS4 should be the first upgrade to stop an even-multiplying console pile next to the TV. Without basic answers to stuff like that you're a blind man.

bighat_logan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By bighat_logan

none

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bybeach

Circumstances dictate. I'm in probably a X-box then PS progression depending on time lines. But I am going to try to be mature and not buy at launch..at least wait a couple of months and listen to the flow.

I am not locked into any system and I have appreciated the freedom if not the cost.

And hey....Nintendo might, they just might......

71Ranchero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 71Ranchero

All of them eventually.

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hot_Karl

I haven't owned a Nintendo home console since the N64 days (and even then, I bought it late into the cycle and had a shoddy collection of games where the two worth playing were Ridge Racer 64 and Super Smash Bros.) So I'm most likely going to buy a Wii U just so I can experience Nintendo first-party games again and catch up on the great Wii stuff I missed out on the first time.

I wanna play some GC stuff, however, so I kinda want to buy an older Wii as well. But who knows.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jeust
@Shivoa: Like I've said, this poll is just to know where your heart is at the moment. This is just speculation.
biospank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#23  Edited By biospank

depends which one comes first to market. It will probably be wiiu but I will sure as hell to buy the other 2.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Canteu

The better one.

I like good things, so that's why I get the good one.

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Aetheldod

Im done with consoles ... must of the games I want always end up on PC anyway and with all the rumours about the the drms and the like for consoles (also no disks/retrocompability) I see no good reason to waste that money if I could instead use it for a better PC/more games. Also I dont want to pay more for Xbox live and probably the next PSN wont be free . And the last franchise that made me jump into the new hardwares was Metal Gear Solid and that is over so no more brand/franchise to make me stick to a console.

TechnoSyndrome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

#26  Edited By TechnoSyndrome

It all depends on the games and the price. It'll probably end up being the WiiU, as by the time the other consoles come out it'll (most likely) be significantly cheaper than its competition, and some great first party games will be out for it with more on the horizon.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AngelN7

I don't know I bought the PS3 last and it is the one I liked the most of this generation on the other hand I bought the Wii first and it is the one I sold as soon as I could so I'm gonna wait for game announcements price and software features would be what determine wich one will be my purchase, Microsft really hurt it's image with the RROD thing at least for me , Nintendo I'll have to see what the Wii U can do as for PS4 I don't know what to expect from that really.

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By napalm

I don't know anything about any of them, so I don't know how you expect me to answer such an asinine question.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Sooty

Neither. Launch line-ups are usually rough and I'm in no rush. I'll wait for them to sell badly and get in on those price drops!

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By Claude

Wii U baby, fuck yeah.

Dragon_Fire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Dragon_Fire

Other

I will just stick with the PC. I know that all my old games will be compatible. :)

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By NegativeCero

Without any information, I can't say. Most likely I'll pick up a PS3 or Wii and catch up on stuff this gen for a few years before I think about buying anything.

Sander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Sander

Steambox or bust

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By monetarydread

I just spent $1200 building a new PC and am considering that a next gen system.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Strife777

Hopefully all of them, but I wouldn't be surprised if I didn't get the WiiU.

But we don't know anything about those consoles right now, so I can't say.

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Doctorchimp

Over consoles.

Sticking it out on PC from now on.

billyhoush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By billyhoush

I'll wait until their inevitable price drops and slim revisions.

misfeasor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By misfeasor

I usually end up with all of them but considering how rarely I've used my Wii, I'll probably skip the Wii U. The choice between getting the next Playstation or Xbox first will involve their release dates, costs, technical specifications, and launch titles.

RedRoach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By RedRoach

I'll buy the one with the games, features, and hardware that I find most interesting. The neXtBox may not be as good out the bat as the 360 was, the same way in that the PS3 was not as dominant as the PS2.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whichever ones gets several games that I want first.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By grilledcheez

At this point, I'm simply planning to upgrade my pc...but we'll see what happens and what they cost / do.

huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#42  Edited By huntad

Nothing, because I don't know anything about them.

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#43  Edited By Cathryn

I chose Sony's next console, but I'm not in a big rush this gen to buy new consoles. I think I'm probably going to watch the market for awhile and see who's putting out the games I want to play. Though, really, since I'm mostly about the JRPGs, I'll probably wind up with the PS4. I'm about 90% certain I won't be buying a Wii U since I got so little use out of my Wii and about 50/50 on Microsoft's next console -- it really depends on the games for me for now.

I do plan on buying both handhelds, however, once my money situation improves.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MikkaQ

I'll just try and grab them as they show up.

ez123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#45  Edited By ez123

I have a gaming PC that I will try to use for a while after the next Xbox and Playstation are out. I'll try to make my decision then or even a little later.

zonikjj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By zonikjj

Since the Wii U is coming out first (and was listed in your poll), then that's probably my first console. I'm not really sure which console I'd get next though. Eventually I'll get all the consoles.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#47  Edited By JJOR64

I will eventually get them all. Wii U and the new Xbox will be Day 1 for sure. I will wait on the PS4 till a price drop or something.

supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By supermonkey122

Probably the Wii U, just because it comes out first.

NathHaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By NathHaw

I'll get them on whatever days they are released. I'll be least excited about the Wii U probably.

artgarcrunkle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By artgarcrunkle

The one with the fewest anti-consumer features if I get one at all.