Which October 7th game will be delayed?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d9e9473c7960
deactivated-5d9e9473c7960

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Which October 7th game will be delayed? (209 votes)

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor 27%
DriveClub 25%
Alien: Isolation 29%
NBA 2K15 2%
Dragon Age: Inquisition 17%

October 7th is looking really crowded with releases so one or two is bound to be delayed because videogames, right? Which one do you think is most likely?

• 
Ben_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

All of the above.

But in reality, maybe DriveClub.

Hunkulese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is none of them not an option?

EternalVigil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to guess either Shadow of Mordor or Alien Isolation.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4  Edited By Seppli

None. And I'm gonna spend my time and money on Dragon Age: Inquisition.

It almost feels like Sony wants Driveclub to be buried, so that even if it'd review badly, it wouldn't matter, because there's a metric ton of new games for PS4 that day. As in: "Driveclub's bad?" "So fucking what?".

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Man, you mean I have to buy 5 games on that day. Son of a ...

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By chaser324  Moderator  Online

I'd say NBA 2K15 is a lock for its announced date. Annualized sports games typically don't have an issue sticking to their schedule (unless you're an EA Sports basketball game), and they have a built-in audience so there's no need to concern themselves with other big releases on the same day.

All of the others could easily slip into early 2015.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

If I had to take a guess I would say shadows of Mordor may see a delay. It seems like Alien is moving along well considering all the videos they have released. I don't think Driveclub can afford more delays, sports games almost never see a delay and I think except for Mass Effect 3 Bioware usually hits their date.

Oldirtybearon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I'm hoping the LOTR game slips off into 2016 only to be quietly canceled because it looks like the most rehashed shit imaginable.

Realistically it'll probably be the only game I'm interested in; Dragon Age.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I feel like Shadow of Mordor was just announced and has only been shown in very controlled settings, so it's a complete wild card what kind of state it is in behind the scenes, so it's possible it could get delayed I guess. I guess you could say the same for Alien Isolation, but I just don't think that sort of horror game can afford to slip past October, since the Halloween marketing angle is like, how you have to market bigger budget horror games.

Driveclub has been delayed enough and they'll ship that whether it's garbage or not, same for NBA 2K15.

Dragon Age might get delayed seeing as RPGs have a habit of being complicated games whose development can just take longer than planned or just need way more polish and QA than originally thought. Who knows.

So my vote is Shadow of Mordor or Dragon Age.

wallee321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadow of Mordor is most likely, since WB is planning releasing the next Rockstedy Batman game in October 2014 also.

That doesn't make sense, and would cannibalize their sales. Either Arkham Knight or Mordor will be delay, likely to March 2015. I hope EA's new ceo, Andrew Wilson, stops sending incomplete games out the door, just to satisfy shareholders and the board of directors. I hope Dragon Age isn't a rush job.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

I don't care, as long as Alien: Isolation isn't delayed.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Driveclub will never come out.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

After being delayed almost a year, I can't imagine Sony would let #DriveClub get delayed again.

SomeDeliCook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By SomeDeliCook

@wallee321 said:

Shadow of Mordor is most likely, since WB is planning releasing the next Rockstedy Batman game in October 2014 also.

That doesn't make sense, and would cannibalize their sales. Either Arkham Knight or Mordor will be delay, likely to March 2015. I hope EA's new ceo, Andrew Wilson, stops sending incomplete games out the door, just to satisfy shareholders and the board of directors. I hope Dragon Age isn't a rush job.

Rumor is Batman is delayed to next year

*edit* after looking more into, Batman was confirmed not delayed. Hmmm

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15  Edited By veektarius

Mordor, it has the most overlap with another game in the list (Inquisition) and would almost definitely lose a head-to-head unless they pulled off a really slick ad campaign

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

Alien Isolation easily

FidusLingura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sticking with my gut feeling that drive club is still a burning turd that nobody wants to step on. And that evolution are just showing face so the game doesn't turn into sony's second last guardian.

smcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By smcn

A bit of context regarding Dragon Age: Inquisition (the only game on the list I care about): Dragon Age II's release date was announced 7 months in advance and subsequently met, and Mass Effect 3 was only delayed after being given a nebulous "holiday" release date. I think it's pretty unlikely to be delayed.

Avatar image for viciousbearmauling
ViciousBearMauling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Alien Isolation might run away from the giants that are Dragon Age and NBA2k15

tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By tourgen

Well first off, definitely drive club.

but alien isolation looks too good. it'll probably get delayed.

mosespippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I wouldn't expect a sports game to get delayed. They don't care what they are up against in the market, they'll hit their date and sell to their core audience and that's all they expect.

Driveclub is going to be the centerpiece for October's PS+ so it can't get delayed. It's already been delayed enough and I can't imagine them scrambling to find another replacement PS4 game for that month.

Alien probably needs a Halloween release window so it's probably locked in too.

That leaves the other two which I'm meh on so it doesn't matter if they come out, get delayed or get cancelled as far as I'm concerned.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Driveclub was delayed to Oct. 7th so it won't be that as it is already like 9 months behind schedule anyway.

NBA 2k15 is a yearly released sports game... the odds of it having some hitch that causes a delay are almost non existent.

Aliens Isolation I doubt is doing anything crazy enough to result in it getting pushed back, as @mosespippy says it needs that Halloween release window. I mean it might but I just seriously doubt it.

Dragon Age Inquisition is from too well established a company. If there was any chance they would botch the release window EA/Bioware wouldn't have announced it to begin with. I don't see it missing it's date either.

So all that said if any of them do get delayed, assuming one of them just has to for the purposes of the thread, it is going to be Shadows of Mordor. It is really ambitious, could face dev issues, and nothing is really riding hard on it hitting that specific release window. Heck getting pushed into November might even help it.

cooljammer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It probably behooves the Tolkien guys to release the game right before the final Hobbit movie comes out, right?

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

I'd say NBA 2K15 is a lock for its announced date. Annualized sports games typically don't have an issue sticking to their schedule (unless you're an EA Sports basketball game), and they have a built-in audience so there's no need to concern themselves with other big releases on the same day.

All of the others could easily slip into early 2015.

Is EA even releasing an NBA Live 15? Is that something they've announced?

*Searches wiki*

...I'm actually surprised that nothing has been said about such a game. I wonder when EA plans to try again. 2016? 2019? Anyway, I could see any of those games slipping into 2015, as well. For the sake of the poll, I voted Shadow of Mordor, but aside from NBA 2K15, any of those games could slip to next year for any reason.

EthanielRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@smcn said:

A bit of context regarding Dragon Age: Inquisition (the only game on the list I care about): Dragon Age II's release date was announced 7 months in advance and subsequently met, and Mass Effect 3 was only delayed after being given a nebulous "holiday" release date. I think it's pretty unlikely to be delayed.

It'll also have been in development for about 4 years. I think they've been really careful with it, and can't see it slipping into 2015.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I think the better question is "What October 7th game won't be delayed."

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to vote for NBA because I like to root for the underdog.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c26fd6917af0
deactivated-5c26fd6917af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to buy any of those, yaaay..

And I voted for Shadow of Mordor.

Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

Well the only two that are really competing are Shadow of Mordor and Dragon Age and of the two I would assume Mordor would be the first to blink. I don't think the audience of a basketball game, a racing game, a horror game, and an RPG have a ton of overlap, so outside of the super hardcore gamers who might buy them all I can't imagine anyone being interested in more than two of those games.

Steadying

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm actually gonna give my vote to Alien: Isolation. No real reason why, just that it seems delay-y.

Honkalot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Bioware likes to delay, ergo Dragon Age end of Q1 2015.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

Lets be real its going to be Driveclub.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOTR, because of Dragon Age being another fantasy game and I don't see EA backing off.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By crithon

Sega, EA and WB have a history of pushing unfinished games. Sony loves to pride themselves on delaying games until they have a mirror shine.

No, I don't think it's worth betting on what will be delayed, it's better to bet "Which released game be buggy and unfinished."

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Jesus_Phish

I'll be getting Dragon Age and the PS+ version of Driveclub. I don't see either of those budging. NBA won't budge because it's a sports game and it knows it's audience will be interested in it.

I could see Aliens and LOTR being moved out for "polish" as Aliens is on rocky grounds after CM and LOTR is a "new" franchise that could do with getting released by itself instead of going up against all those other games.

newmoneytrash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm hoping the LOTR game slips off into 2016 only to be quietly canceled because it looks like the most rehashed shit imaginable.

this is an unnecessarily shitty thing to say, but okay

Dizzyhippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sports games come out when they come out they dont give a F about other releases

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah I guessed right.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

EA won't delay Dragon Age for nothing, Driveclub most likely wont be delayed either given the entire year delay it had, Soorts games have to be released when they say they are going to be released because sports games people arent the type that read gaming news 90% of the time. So that leaves Aliens and LOTR, my guess is on LOTR because it seems like a much bigger game and there has been less video footage of it released. Wouldn't be surprised if both are delayed though.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

None of them. They all look like they occupy a different space.